closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-r View Post
    Teenage daughter got us into Parks & Recreation..... Brilliant. Ron Swanson in my new hero!
    Is this on Uk Netflix? been trying to find it for ages after catching a few episodes on some random channel late one night, His stand up on netflix is a decent watch (American Ham I think).

Not seen anything really worth while watching that hasnt already been mentioned, other than some of the random documentary's

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    I watched a documentary film on the death of Atari the other night so I'm no judge though!
    You're not the only one ;)

I'm five epsodes into Daredevil, and am rather enjoying it. It's far from the typical Marvel/superhero fare, and more like a crime drama.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    You're not the only one ;)
    Me three!

"Print the legend" a similarly excellent documentary about the 3d printing wars - worth checking out

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici View Post
    Me three!

"Print the legend" a similarly excellent documentary about the 3d printing wars - worth checking out
    Cool. Will check it out.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post
    Is this on Uk Netflix? been trying to find it for ages after catching a few episodes on some random channel late one night, His stand up on netflix is a decent watch (American Ham I think).

Not seen anything really worth while watching that hasnt already been mentioned, other than some of the random documentary's
    Not on UK but if you Google watch American Netflix in UK there's a YouTube video walking you through how to stream American instead which has much more stuff on it.

Unblock US.

Journeyman
    Doh, yes I should have mentioned that... Parks and Recreation was on the US one.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Not on UK but if you Google watch American Netflix in UK there's a YouTube video walking you through how to stream American instead which has much more stuff on it.

Thanks I will look into that.

Bigger Stronger faster is an interesting doc about the american obsession with steroids, Interesting but only if your into that kind of thing.

Journeyman
    House of Cards is amazing and the ropes is nice as well

Journeyman
    Better call Saul may be better that breaking bad.

House of cards is an instant classic

Film: Locke. With Tom Hardy. Mesmerizing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
    Film: Locke. With Tom Hardy. Mesmerizing performance.
    Funny how opinions differ.

I'm a fan of Hardy, but watching him sitting in a car with a cold for 90 minutes was just dire.

I'll never get that time back.

Journeyman
    If you're into animation and sci-fi, their exclusive series "knights of sidonia" is quite good - runs out of steam a bit towards the end but it's certainly above average fare. The movie "Harlock" is very good too.

Locke - brilliant. Also look for a doc caled twenty feet from stardom. Won the OSCAR last year I think, and it is superb.

Btw first two series of the brilliant parks and recreation are/were on PRIME.

Parades end is superb too....

Quote Originally Posted by simoscribbler View Post
    Locke - brilliant. Also look for a doc caled twenty feet from stardom. Won the OSCAR last year I think, and it is superb.

Btw first two series of the brilliant parks and recreation are/were on PRIME.

Parades end is superb too....
    Parades End is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I'm five epsodes into Daredevil, and am rather enjoying it. It's far from the typical Marvel/superhero fare, and more like a crime drama.
    I am on episode six, very happy with the way it is going. Wish he would get the red suit though.

If you're at all into the Bond movies, have a look at the documentary "Everything or Nothing" which I believe is still available on Netflix. Fascinating and very thorough behind-the-scenes look at the classic film franchise.

The wife and I are currently working our way through Community, which has been very enjoyable so far.

Journeyman
    Have also started, and finding very enjoyable, Daredevil

Master
    Finally got broadband that's not stone age. Just signed up to Netflix.

Will take a look at some of the suggestions here.

By all means recommend me a decent action film. Wife's away and I'm collapsed on sofa with dogs so looking for appropriate action man-film :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    I am on episode six, very happy with the way it is going. Wish he would get the red suit though.
    Keep watching...

Blog Entries
    I got an email from them the other day to say that the first series of Peaky Blinders is now on Netflix. Having had many unheeded recommendations whilst the series was current on the Beeb, I watched the first one yesterday and have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Looking forward to watching more of that.

I found this quite funny, I'm sure us Netflix addicts can relate.

Craftsman
    just watched peaky blinders . very good

Ten Steps from Stardom - won the Oscar for docs this year - is superb. Sort of about backing singers, but also about civil rights and women's rights. Sags just a bit in places but Lisa Fischer is a total star - watch it and you'll see what I mean. Springsteen's comments are fascinating, and the section with Jagger is really good fun, and informative. One of the best Rock docs I've seen - just a notch below Dig! and Anvil.

The Mike Myers doc about Shep Gordon is a bit saccharine but has its moments too.

Forgot I mentioned Ten Feet before - watched it again with SWMBO and she loved it too. Netflix gets some very good docs - probably because they're relatively cheap.

And the Richard Burton Spy Who Came in from the Cold is on too, although Caine in Funeral in Berlin is better....
    Last edited by simoscribbler; 30th April 2015 at 14:03.

Master
    If you are looking for a film then personally I quite enjoyed Odd Thomas and love 'My name is Modesty', which I think are both on Netflix (but may be on Now TV, but I think netflix)

Grand Master
    Just gone back to Sons Of Anarchy after a good years break, almost done season 5 and 6 will be done before the months end

Also noticed Nero wears a panerai, good lad
    Last edited by 100thmonkey; 16th May 2015 at 19:46.
    RIAC