closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming Porsche 991 GTS pics/

Incoming Porsche 991 GTS pics/

I know a few folk on here are Porsche owners so I thought I'd post some pics of the GT silver 991 GTS I collected at the weekend.
    It's my first water cooled 911 and the handling/performance has been a revelation to me. It makes my old cars seem, well, old.
    It's rear wheel drive, 430 BHP, top speed 189mph, 0 to 60 in 3.9 secs. Fuel economy- crap.
    The GTS is my first ever automatic transmission- but the PDK is so fast and good, especially in sports mode, that it seemed pointless going
    for a manual shift.

Here are some comparison shots next to my polar silver 993. It's 19 years old yet still the nicest looking design imho.
    Although the 991 looks like a barge next to the small 993 it certainly doesn't feel it behind the wheel.

Looks awful. Why would you bother?

Im only a little envious - looks fantastic :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Stunning. I genuinely don't know how one manages to keep one's driving license with such powerful vehicles though.

Master
    Looks stunning!! Love the 993 too.
    Pick my 997 C4S up tomorrow,my first Porsche and already looking at a 997 GTS4! Cant wait....

Nice,very nice.

My god!! That's impressive!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Pick my 997 C4S up tomorrow,my first Porsche and already looking at a 997 GTS4! Cant wait....
    Awesome mate - nearly bought a C4S myself.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Stunning. I genuinely don't know how one manages to keep one's driving license with such powerful vehicles though.
    It's funny you should say that.....
    having had a clean license for years I got a letter today from the police saying I'd been caught speeding at 75mph in a variable 60mph zone
    on the M25- whilst driving my Skoda Fabia.
    It really does my head in- apparently there are now 'stealth cameras' on the M25- if the whole point is to slow drivers down rather than raise revenue surely there'd
    be prominent cameras - I was doing 75mph in a solid stream of traffic-the police must have bloody ticketed hundreds of cars.

I hope I can do a speed awareness course and avoid the points- I think at 75mph in a 60 zone
    I just make the criteria. Having just got the GTS the last thing I want is Skoda Fabia points to start things off..

Master
    Congratulations - unbelievable performance and guaranteed to ease that pain a little, eh!

PDK is, as Peter Kay would say, the future! Enjoy!!
    Last edited by GIB984; 21st April 2015 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    I originally wanted a 997 GTS.....I was looking for one for ages but just couldn't find one in the spec I wanted....ie meteor grey and 2wd-
    in the end I just pulled the trigger on the 991......which had depressing financial repercussions - but the car is so great to drive I'll get over it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    I originally wanted a 997 GTS.....I was looking for one for ages but just couldn't find one in the spec I wanted....ie meteor grey and 2wd-
    in the end I just pulled the trigger on the 991......which had depressing financial repercussions - but the car is so great to drive I'll get over it.
    It's funny,I started off with a budget in mind which quickly went out the window and even now i'm questioning 'should i have spent that extra few quid'.
    I think i'd quickly get over it driving the 991 though.It looks jaw droppingly beautiful.

Master
    Here's my latest - should have kept my 1988 Carrera SC though - be worth a bloody fortune now....

Lovely though today with the roof off and the PSE howling away.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Here's my latest - should have kept my 1988 Carrera SC though - be worth a bloody fortune now....

Lovely though today with the roof off and the PSE howling away.
    Lovely Gary.Perfect colour combo.

Incoming Porsche 991 GTS pics/

Nice! As you say, it does look quite barge-like next to the 993 . Still, a fine looking car.

The 997GTS appears to be a solid buy- they are holding their value extremely well.

I had a 991 GTS on loan for the day a couple of weeks back and after putting my foot down in sports plus mode
    on some open road I was sold on it instantly.
    Funny how man maths works - I could somehow just about justify the extra expense on a 991 yet today in my local convenience store
    I refused to buy some salad cream because I knew it was cheaper in Heron Foods the other side of town.

Master
    Funny how man maths works - I could somehow just about justify the extra expense on a 991 yet today in my local convenience store I refused to buy some salad cream because I knew it was cheaper in Heron Foods the other side of town.
    Exactly!! A man after my own heart.

Master
    Both look fantastic! Well done mate.

I agree with the above. Both look amazing. Congratulations.

Master
    Stunner - and those wing mirrors! Work of art! Health to enjoy.

Master
    What a beautiful big butt, just the way I like it.

Master
    The 997GTS appears to be a solid buy- they are holding their value extremely well.

I had a 991 GTS on loan for the day a couple of weeks back and after putting my foot down in sports plus mode
    Funny how man maths works - I could somehow just about justify the extra expense on a 991 yet today in my local convenience store
    I refused to buy some salad cream because I knew it was cheaper in Heron Foods the other side of town.
    It's those kind of small saving that help build up and allow you to buy the toys you require in your life (I tell myself that too :D ).

Are you sure it's not a ringer?

I'm happy to look into it for you
    As a member of this forum for free
    Means I have the car for a few days to check it over......

Lol
    It's a beauty
    I'm super jealous

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely. I blagged a ride around Anglesey curcuit last month in a 991 gt3, the heave out of corners was incredible.

Also amazed at the 991 build quality, seems to have moved on massively from my old (996 gen) Porsches.

Enjoy!

Master

Exclamation

Man maths will also be used in the logic that the 993 is going up as quickly as the 991 is dropping in value, so its effectively free motoring!

2 beauties there, with possibly the prettiest of the lot in the 993. Health and driving licence to enjoy (just facing a big hit myself from my 4 pot oil burner, none form the 911)

Beautiful car. My wife has a great job and has been able to drive many lovely cars (McLaren 650, Jag XK-RS, Phantom, Maybach, etc.). The 911 GTS is the one that she says she would buy. She loved everything about it. Bit disappointing because that was always going to be my lottery-win car. She wasn't so keen on the XK-RS which apparently went everywhere sideways with the wheels spinning! Good luck with the Fabia points.

I was going to say it was a good looking car....until you posted the 993.

My god they are still stunning looking

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    Man maths will also be used in the logic that the 993 is going up as quickly as the 991 is dropping in value, so its effectively free motoring!

2 beauties there, with possibly the prettiest of the lot in the 993. Health and driving licence to enjoy (just facing a big hit myself from my 4 pot oil burner, none form the 911)
    My original justification for buying another 911 was indeed the 993 rising in value substantially - I figured that by buying another car I would thus keep the mileage down on the 993 and therefore it would be worth more. This is a perfectly reasonable argument until the serious man maths take over and you buy a 991 costing bloody 3 times more than the car you are keeping the mileage down on.
    Oh well, as a wise man once said 'better to live a rich man than die a rich man'-
    I'll remember this when I'm driving in my GTS to the local soup kitchen......

Craftsman

Fabulous bit of kit, that GTS! Have you seen The Getawayer Youtube video for the GTS? He liked it very much, too.

Your 993 looks superb as well. Manual? Can I have a go? ;)

Journeyman
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!
    I AM NOT JEALOUS!

At all...

Seriously, you have the best car ever! the 911 in any incarnation is the ultimate true driving enthusiasts car.

Master
    I love it! Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy it.

I've driven a few 991s and have always been very, very impressed.

I've got a 997.1 C2S (manual) and have had it from 2yrs old/5k miles on the clock. And if funds ever allow - another, newer C2S is (likely) what I'd move to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post

Your 993 looks superb as well. Manual? Can I have a go? ;)
    Yes, it's a manual 1996 C2 with the varioram engine.
    I bought it nearly 3 years ago and I've done 12,000 miles in it.
    I was looking for one for ages because I was determined to get a polar silver C2-
    that was back then- these days I doubt I'd find one at a sensible price.
    Many Porsche folk say the 993 the best quality 911 ever produced and I can honestly say it has not missed a beat
    once- it has proved ultra reliable. Other than the usual yearly service costs it has not cost a penny-no breakdowns- nothing.
    It's a cliche but they really do feel carved out of stone- rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    I love it! Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy it.

I've driven a few 991s and have always been very, very impressed.

I've got a 997.1 C2S (manual) and have had it from 2yrs old/5k miles on the clock. And if funds ever allow - another, newer C2S is (likely) what I'd move to.
    I've always loved the 997 C2S-
    I did test drive an arctic silver 997 Gen 2 C2S at an OPC a while back -but it had several previous owners and they wanted silly money for it so I declined.

If you've had yours from only 5k on the clock and it's not been any trouble I'd keep hold of it....

Master
    I've always loved the 997 C2S-
    I did test drive an arctic silver 997 Gen 2 C2S at an OPC a while back -but it had several previous owners and they wanted silly money for it so I declined.

If you've had yours from only 5k on the clock and it's not been any trouble I'd keep hold of it....
    These are my thoughts exactly. No significant issues and it's been well maintained (all services up to date, tyre/brake changes when required etc). I'm only the second owner, so suspect it's a keeper. It's more than fast enough for my ability (and the UK roads...).

And yet the 'man maths, consumer' part of me firmly believes that newer will mean, shinier, faster, betterer :)

What a great set of cars

Congrats!

Master
    just wow.

that 933 is so cool

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    just wow.

that 933 is so cool
    What thread are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post

I'm toying with the idea of a 997 gen 1 but slightly put off but the potential wallet raping issues

Craftsman

Only coz you wanted to drive over there..... in your lovely motor....

enjoy

rgds

V