closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Avengers- age of ultron

Avengers- age of ultron

What a load of rubbish.

Took my 12yo son today, who loved Assemble. Even he thought this one was rubbish. A triumph of visual effects over quality. 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I enjoyed it, thought James Spader as Ultron was very well cast

Took my teenage son to see Max Max - Fury Road, dreading the prospect, but we both really enjoyed it and my son said it was way better then Avengers - age of ultron, and he love that Marvel stuff.

Age of Ultron - went on too long and I left before the end.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomega View Post

Took my 12yo son today, who loved Assemble. .
    I thought it was 90% the same movie......

Team get together, team bicker and separate, slightly camp main villain tells us what's going on, big gang of bad guys turn up and cause chaos, Good guys discover they need to work as a team to beat bad guys so cue huge battle with tremendous collateral damage while good guys win.

Good guys go their separate ways......

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by tekbow View Post
    I enjoyed it, thought James Spader as Ultron was very well cast
    I thoroughly enjoyed it too, but wasn't it James Spader as Raymond Reddington as Ultron?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed it too, but wasn't it James Spader as Raymond Reddington as Ultron?
    Well yeah.. but Red's awesome

Master
    Missus and I were both a bit non-plussed about it, afterwards. Having just watched Assemble on TV last week, it really brought it home how much poorer Ultron was by comparison - in a similar way as Iron Man 3 was to the first two, and Thor Dark World not up to the same level as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Missus and I were both a bit non-plussed about it, afterwards. Having just watched Assemble on TV last week, it really brought it home how much poorer Ultron was by comparison - in a similar way as Iron Man 3 was to the first two, and Thor Dark World not up to the same level as the first.
    I haven't seen the film yet, but from reading various reviews I get the impression it is a bit of a disappointment. Expectations were very high and Assemble is a difficult film to top, just as the first Iron Man film was. I don't know what went wrong with the second Thor film, but I think there is a good film in there trying to get out. Eccleston makes good villain but I read that a lot of his work was left on the cutting room floor. Too much studio interference with all the Marvel films I have read...

Craftsman
    I watched it being filmed last summer. They filmed the final city (the faux eastern european state) scenes and the bit in the church/temple where I work at the Peel centre in north London. At the time it was the largest film set in the world with approx 32 stages set across the estate. It was amazing to watch as alot of the explosions were not CGI including the bit where they blew up the petrol tanker. They even built the bridge where the cars fell off. It was a marvel (no pun intended) to see they finished product from what I saw during the filming period.

There was a total lock down on anything being posted to social media or being shared. Once filming finished the packed the whole lot away and you could not tell they had been here apart from the identations on the grass area wher they had all the support facilities.

I enjoyed the film, it was easy viewing and not taxing. But yes it was a CGI fest as opposed to anything substantial but the next Captain America v Iron man film (Civil War) promises to be a belter. We shall wait and see.