closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Rolex (GMT) Master

I was having a look at the new Pepsi 116719 last week (the BLRO). It's undoubtedly a handsome watch, and of course any GMT is terrific, but there's no way I'd pay a £20K premium over a standard GMTc just for the Pepsi bezel. Yes, it's white gold, but unless you get quite close to it, it looks exactly like a normal steel watch. I'd rather have a Pepsi 16750 - and that's exactly what I'm after now.

Journeyman
    Love the vintage gmt pepsi's, definitely on my list of must have watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    Here's my 1960 1675 and 1982 16750 gmt
    I do have the bracelets for all of them
    I like to keep them mint so I wear them on the natos :-)

Great collection

Blog Entries
    A question for the experts, is it possible to attach the bracelet of a modern GMTIIc to something like a 1675 or 16750?

Master

Gmt

Just had a new coke bezel fitted to mine

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Great thread & many beautiful watches
    I am currently looking for either a vintage GMT Pepsi or Seadweller
    Also looking for those. let me know if you got lucky with any of those/got tips where to look! thanks!

Journeyman
    Trying to decide on 16750 vs 1675, what are people's preference?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by randomer View Post
    Trying to decide on 16750 vs 1675, what are people's preference?
    1675 for me every time. Even better if it looks like it's lived a bit of a life.

OK, here's my contribution. After years of doubt I finally got a 17610. All time favorite :) Unspoiled, original tritium dial and hands and full set. Thinking of getting the other two inserts to flip now and then.

RLX150621-4-2 by Stef, on Flickr

RLX150621-6 by Stef, on Flickr

RLX150621-8 by Stef, on Flickr

Tudor150614-2 by Stef, on Flickr

Great photos! But you're not helping my GMT-lust...

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    Great photos! But you're not helping my GMT-lust...
    Haha, thanks and sorry for that

Master
    Oh man, absolutely fantastic.

Master
    Beautiful. I turn 40 in January next year and I think I'm going to have to try and source a '76 GMT if I can to mark it.

Craftsman

Felt like a gratuitous pic of my Pepsi while walking down Pall Mall today - it's a beautiful summer day! :D

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Nothing in the current Rolex stable would tempt me away from this...

We have a winner !

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I'll have you know that I spent ages getting the lights just right.

Then I turned them all off.

(Actually, the photo was taken with the watch on the roof of my S2000. I would have thought that you, of all people, would have spotted that!)

Lol - so funny

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The classic Matt dialled 1675 and 16750 are just the best - but I am biased.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I'm drawn more and more to these and with my 40th approaching I think I might just have to do something about it in the new year. I've done some reading but am a little nervous about who to buy from and what to expect. The grail would be a 1976 watch to represent the birth year, and ideally on a bracelet with Coke bezel.
    I watch SC like a hawk and stupidly didn't bite when one came up a while back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    I'm drawn more and more to these and with my 40th approaching I think I might just have to do something about it in the new year. I've done some reading but am a little nervous about who to buy from and what to expect. The grail would be a 1976 watch to represent the birth year, and ideally on a bracelet with Coke bezel.
    I watch SC like a hawk and stupidly didn't bite when one came up a while back.
    Well the 'coke' bezel first appeared with the GMT Master II in the '80s - I think it would look a bit incongruous on a 1675 (ie a 1976 GMT), a watch which is cosmetically quite different in other respects as well - sapphire crystal, gold surrounds, gloss dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Well the 'coke' bezel first appeared with the GMT Master II in the '80s - I think it would look a bit incongruous on a 1675 (ie a 1976 GMT), a watch which is cosmetically quite different in other respects as well - sapphire crystal, gold surrounds, gloss dial.
    Indeed, this is my conundrum- TBH though the year / bezel combo isn't "that" important to me. If I found a nice 1675 from 1976 that'd be great. If I find a 1980's watch that's a Coke, so be it. What's important to me is finding a well cared for example with sound provenance, correct bracelet and end links, and paperwork. Don't want much, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    I was having a look at the new Pepsi 116719 last week (the BLRO). It's undoubtedly a handsome watch, and of course any GMT is terrific, but there's no way I'd pay a £20K premium over a standard GMTc just for the Pepsi bezel. Yes, it's white gold, but unless you get quite close to it, it looks exactly like a normal steel watch. I'd rather have a Pepsi 16750 - and that's exactly what I'm after now.
    Sure white gold looks like stainless steel but it doesnt feel like it, and I don't see why it matters that it could look like a normal steel watch? Infact that appeals to alot of people because it can fly under the radar unlike yellow/rose gold. I doubt people are spending 25k on it simply because of the Pepsi bezel either

Quote Originally Posted by Evad3 View Post
    Sure white gold looks like stainless steel but it doesnt feel like it, and I don't see why it matters that it could look like a normal steel watch? Infact that appeals to alot of people because it can fly under the radar unlike yellow/rose gold. I doubt people are spending 25k on it simply because of the Pepsi bezel either
    If I bought a gold watch, which I wouldn't, I'd want it to look like gold. I don't think people in the market for a BLRO are looking for something to fly under the radar.

I think it's a fairly safe bet that many of the people buying the BLRO are, in fact, buying it because of the Pepsi bezel. A smaller number, I suggest, are interested in the white gold.

Blog Entries
    I was so in love with the Coke and then I purchased mine a few months ago with all three inserts and the Pepsi is the most preferred by a country mile. I have had the Coke in for only 5 days.

Not sure I should do this but here goes

http://gasgasbones.forumchitchat.com...pid=1289884141

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I was so in love with the Coke and then I purchased mine a few months ago with all three inserts and the Pepsi is the most preferred by a country mile. I have had the Coke in for only 5 days.

Not sure I should do this but here goes

http://gasgasbones.forumchitchat.com...pid=1289884141
    I suspect you're probably right...

What's the deal regarding the jubilee bracelet on some and not on others? Been looking at various models for some time on Chrono 24 and even some of the more modern versions had a jubilee. Could you choose from the AD at the time which bracelet you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by malus65 View Post
    OK, here's my contribution. After years of doubt I finally got a 17610. All time favorite :) Unspoiled, original tritium dial and hands and full set. Thinking of getting the other two inserts to flip now and then.

RLX150621-4-2 by Stef, on Flickr

RLX150621-6 by Stef, on Flickr

RLX150621-8 by Stef, on Flickr

Tudor150614-2 by Stef, on Flickr
    Omg that looks stunning, I have a tt gmt, but I might have to get a Pepsi bezel and NATO for it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    I suspect you're probably right...
    Each to there own really I got my 16710 earlier this year on Pepsi and switched to a Coke and haven't once been tempted to switch back

Master
    Here's a better one

Attached Images Attached Images