closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - Nomos Zurich Weltzeit Blue

Master

New arrival - Nomos Zurich Weltzeit Blue

In my continuing quest to re-balance my collection in favour of physically smaller watches, I have taken another step with the acquisition of this Nomos, which measures a very precise 39.8mm x 10.85mm. This one has been on my radar for a long time and the recent introduction of the blue version moved it from a maybe to a definite.

For me, apart from the rightness of the size of this watch, the other attractions are a) the GMT functionality - and it's novel implementation, b) the nice mix between the classic lines of the case and the modern twists in the dial detail, and c) the Nomos value/quality proposition.

I purchased the watch directly from Blome Uhren in Dusseldorf, which was an enjoyable experience - knowledgeable staff, a relaxed atmosphere and a keen deal. :D

My initial impressions are very positive - the strap is comfortable out of the box and the watch is nicely finished. Timekeeping seems just about spot on, and the dial is very legible.

I have noticed that blue watches are often difficult to capture in pictures, and this one is no exception. In most lights, the blue colour is quite muted, but it does alter a lot - depending on reflections etc.

So, here are some pictures - of varying quality:

Apologies for the number of pictures...

Congratulations...very very nice...something different...this blue dial is lovely...

Nice one, you have chosen wisely.
    I really want a nomos next, maxed out on pilot chronos, that is refreshingly different. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
    Nice one, you have chosen wisely.
    I really want a nomos next, having maxed out on pilot chronos, that is refreshingly different. Congrats!

I love me a good GMT, and that is a good GMT. I presume it's a traveller's GMT, in that the hour hand can step?

Now, if only they made a version with lume...

Looks lovely.congrats.

Oooh yes, that's lovely.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I love me a good GMT, and that is a good GMT. I presume it's a traveller's GMT, in that the hour hand can step?

Now, if only they made a version with lume...
    Yes, the city ring and main hour is advanced in one hour steps using the pusher at 2.

And yes, no lume on this one. Maybe they'll use this movement in a more sporty watch one of these days.

Master
    Well done on that one! Spent a good while admiring one at SalonQP, they are a class act.

That's absolutely lovely. You have to admire Nomos - as you say, the value proposition is pretty compelling and the watches are finished beautifully.

Master
    Yep, got to agree with everybody else, that is a nice GMT, and for a similar price to some much more mediocre offerings out there.

Great stuff!

Master

New arrival - Nomos Zurich Weltzeit Blue

Lovely watch. Nomos really are super value for money and I personally love the contemporary look. I'm really tempted by the metro but I might take another look at this one.

Oh, and great photos by the way.

Master
    It's an absolute stunner.

scooter

Master
    Congratulations, they are a lovely thing :)

Journeyman
    Lovely, lovely watch. You've triggered my Nomos itch again...

Master
    Thanks for all the positive comments.

Clearly, this is a niche watch, rather than an all-rounder, but I think it will easily find a permanent home in my collection. Having said that, it's pretty much the only Nomos model I would buy, having looked at the Zurich Blaugold (visibility issues), Ahoi Atlantik (poor fit on my wrists) and several of the other "Bauhaus" designs (didn't like the lugs).

That looks great, especially the blue dial

Blog Entries
    Wonderful watch, love the blue dial.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

A beautiful watch.

I actually had one on my wrist the other day and was quite close to buying but I'm one of the brainwashed masses who can't make myself wear smaller watches. What size is your wrist?

Ian

Craftsman
    Congrats on the Nomos - you're right that the blue is fiendishly hard to capture on camera, not a bad effort though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    A beautiful watch.

I actually had one on my wrist the other day and was quite close to buying but I'm one of the brainwashed masses who can't make myself wear smaller watches. What size is your wrist?

Ian
    My wrists are about 7 to 7.25". The Nomos Zurich has relatively long lugs for a 40mm watch. The Lug-to-lug is 50mm, which is exactly the same as the Tudor Pelagos I'm wearing today.

Craftsman
    ooo. Well done. Very very lovely. I think it's a very eye catching design and very different. We've quite a few people wearing subs at my work, but that's a very individual choice without seeming outlandish.

Talk to me about the Zurich Blaugold - visibility issues you say? Was the fit the same? I love that one (from the pictures)

Craftsman
    Really lovely. I have a tangente which I am slightly obsessed with but this Zurich is the only other nomos I would consider adding to the collection. It's such a great design and so interesting. There is something special about wearing a Nomos that I can't quite put into words...
    Last edited by axb601; 5th July 2015 at 20:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    ooo. Well done. Very very lovely. I think it's a very eye catching design and very different. We've quite a few people wearing subs at my work, but that's a very individual choice without seeming outlandish.

Talk to me about the Zurich Blaugold - visibility issues you say? Was the fit the same? I love that one (from the pictures)
    The Blaugold is the same case, although with slightly less case height, so it fundamentally wears the same. It's a while since I tried one but my memory is that it was a lighter watch than the Weltzeit. As far as visibility goes, it's got slim, shiny hands on a very shiny dial, so there are some reflections into the crystal. I liked the watch a lot - although if prefer the Weltzeit blue - but I was put off by the lack of visibility. Having said that, I am fussy about that, so it could well be ok in reality.

Journeyman
    One for the future. I have a modest collection of German watches and this one would be a great addition.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    Really lovely. I have a tangente which I am slightly obsessed with but this Zurich is the only other nomos I would consider adding to the collection. It's such a great design and so interesting. There is something special about wearing a Nomos that I can't quite put into words...
    That is just sooo nice, and we're both obsessed now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    The Blaugold is the same case, although with slightly less case height, so it fundamentally wears the same. It's a while since I tried one but my memory is that it was a lighter watch than the Weltzeit. As far as visibility goes, it's got slim, shiny hands on a very shiny dial, so there are some reflections into the crystal. I liked the watch a lot - although if prefer the Weltzeit blue - but I was put off by the lack of visibility. Having said that, I am fussy about that, so it could well be ok in reality.
    Thanks so much for the info downer.... Although I don't have a Nomos, this was definitely the brand that got me into watches. (I bought a Sinn U1 in the end as I'm very sporty).... I love pretty much all the Nomos designs. I love the Blaugold. I love the Weltzeits. I love the cheerful metro. I adore the tangente. I covert the Orion most of all. I'm intrigued with how Nomos will roll out the swing system to their traditionally hand wound movements.

Master
    Very pretty, and with great legibility. I think a Nomos Club is now absolutely top of my wishlist.

Craftsman
    I tried one of these on a while ago in white and it blew me away. The quality and the detail are exceptional for the price point. The quality and weight of the strap however did not quite match up with head so for me I would have to change that. Congrats!

That is an absolute beaut
    congrats and enjoy

Great buy!
    I have been thinking about this watch for some time now, the layout of the dial plus its colour is really something different.
    My main concern with this is the length of the lugs. If only it was shorter.
    On my wrist, which is about 6.5-6.75", I have the feeling that they are going to jut out.

Chye

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chye View Post
    Great buy!
    I have been thinking about this watch for some time now, the layout of the dial plus its colour is really something different.
    My main concern with this is the length of the lugs. If only it was shorter.
    On my wrist, which is about 6.5-6.75", I have the feeling that they are going to jut out.
    For that very reason I've not taken the plunge and bought direct from their website, because I'm not sure how the notably long lugs on the various sizes of the Club will fit.