closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Metal detecting

Journeyman

Metal detecting

Ive always had an interest in archiology and history in general and recently ive become fascinated by watching metal detecting videos on youtube.
    A few months ago i bought a Garrett euro ace detector from a friend but as yet i havent got around to using it anywhere but the garden. (i did find a 1950s boot polish tin lid an old sixpence and £1.21 in change!) I will eventually ask for permission to search a local field as there is plenty of history around my old village which is alongside the fosse way.
    It would be great to find a 'hammie' (hammered coin) or you never know, maybe even a gold sovereign or a Saxon hoard!!...but for me, even to find and hold some old artifact such as a musket ball or a medieval belt buckle that was last touched by its owner, would be fascinating.
    Have any forum members had any detecting experience or any interesting archiological finds?
    Last edited by John Robbins; 12th July 2015 at 23:52.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by John Robbins View Post
    Ive always had an interest in archiology and history in general and recently ive become fascinated by watching metal detecting videos on youtube.
    A few months ago i bought a Garrett euro ace detector from a friend but as yet i havent got around to using it anywhere but the garden. (i did find a 1950s boot polish tin lid an old sixpence and £1.21 in change!) I will eventually ask for permission to search a local field as there is plenty of history around my old village which is alongside the fosse way.
    It would be great to find a 'hammie' (hammered coin) or you never know, maybe even a gold sovereign or a Saxon hoard!!...but for me, even to find and hold some old artifact such as a musket ball or a medieval belt buckle that was last touched by its owner, would be fascinating.
    Have any forum members had any detecting experience or any interesting archiologcal finds?
    I did it for a while and you are best to join a club, there are loads about and always welcoming to new members.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wa...etecting+clubs

i was out walking with my son and he found a roman coin, constantine ii, just lying on the ground. big area round here, you can often found roman pot shards in the field at the back of the house. there was a large villa complex just up the valley a couple of fields away.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.