closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex GMT BLNR / black & blue popularity

Apprentice

Rolex GMT BLNR / black & blue popularity

Hi All

Is the BLNR as popular in the UK as it seems to be in on the TRF?!

What are your thoughts?

I think BLNR is popular in uk aswel . Very hard to find at AD in lancs.
    Personally i love the colour combi blue nd black .
    I am trying to buy 1 aswel but quit hard to find .

Another vote in favour. Love the look of that watch. Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre seem to be able to get hold of them fairly regularly.

Apprentice
    In London I've only seen them twice in the window. Then again I rarely see submariner date too.

It's amazing what a bit of colour does though! I actually went in and tried it on and was seriously tempted...

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 21st May 2019 at 19:33.

Apprentice
    I don't think they generally put ss Daytona in the window. However, if you asked for one they could on the off chance have one in the safe or could get one in.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by K8wt View Post
    In London I've only seen them twice in the window. Then again I rarely see submariner date too.

It's amazing what a bit of colour does though! I actually went in and tried it on and was seriously tempted...
    Kingston - BLNR present every time i go there. WatchFinder- plenty of BLNR Rolexes all the time. Obviously you will not see them at Oxford Street stores.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    I think BLNR is popular in uk aswel . Very hard to find at AD in lancs.
    Personally i love the colour combi blue nd black .
    I am trying to buy 1 aswel but quit hard to find .
    So, d guyz in UK luv BLNR as well as,. Is gud to kno. Thnx for yr input.

BTW, this is not Twitter and there is no limit on the number of characters you can use.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 29th August 2015 at 12:37.

Apprentice
    Mappin and Webb Fenchurch St and Old Bond Street were the places I saw them.

The one in Fenchurch Street has been there for a few days if anyone is interested :)

Master
    Iconic have one online in stock - no discounts to be had yet but it's only a matter of time...

SGR

They pop up quite regularly in the AD in York, but each one doesn't seem to last long before it's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by jambobbyb View Post
    Rolex dealer in Meadowhall didn't have one of these yesterday I wanted to view one as I like them a lot. had the rest of the Rolex including the new Milgauss green and blue and obviously not the Daytona.
    Goldsmith's had one in last weekend, as did H L Brown in the city centre. I'd been looking to try one in the flesh for a while, and in the space of 10 days both ADs in the city got one in each.

I suspect the one in the Brown's window will still be there...

Why bother asking? Who cares how popular it is - unless you're having trouble sourcing one (which doesn't seem the point of the question).

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Why bother asking? Who cares how popular it is - unless you're having trouble sourcing one (which doesn't seem the point of the question).
    No, I am not having problems sourcing one as I've mentioned I saw one last week in the store.

It was just a topic of conversation as I've been reading TRF a lot recently and that's all they seem to be raving on about. I only recently realised that there was a more generalised forum here and wondered if it was just a regional hype because of that particular forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry if it caused some offence

Quote Originally Posted by K8wt View Post
    No, I am not having problems sourcing one as I've mentioned I saw one last week in the store.

It was just a topic of conversation as I've been reading TRF a lot recently and that's all they seem to be raving on about. I only recently realised that there was a more generalised forum here and wondered if it was just a regional hype because of that particular forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome and sorry if it caused some offence
    Virtually any thread started on here ends up with someone having a go at someone else, I wouldn't worry about it.

I really like the BLNR. I had the original GMT2C, had to sell it (car respray) and then when I came to buy a new Rolex for my 40th I objected to paying £2k more for the same GMT2C than my one had cost in 2008, so I went for the 42mm Explorer 2. The BLNR came out a few months later, I wish I'd known! I think I'll have to consider one in two or three years time, when the interest-free payments on the Exp2 run out. Having said that, I mostly wear vintage watches and don't know if I could sell my 40th birthday present to myself. That's a first world problem right there...

Master
    I think its quite popular, its the only Rolex I managed to buy and then sell and get a profit!

My local AD had 2 in stock