closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Headwind dial question

Breitling Headwind dial question

A really simple one, the black dial is par epargne, the white one isn't, but what about the blue dial?

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Downing View Post
    A really simple one, the black dial is par epargne, the white one isn't, but what about the blue dial?

Cheers

David
    Hi David,
    looked at mine and I really couldn't say....I know the process to which you refer, but it looks printed, but then I have also owned the black dial and that too looked like printed script. Sorry I am no help whatsoever.
    Cue gratuitous pics, but my satin finished blue dial is one watch that will remain in the collection for a very long time.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

You're not looking to sell yours then :)

So why did you go from the black to the blue then?

Cheers

David

Blue is also. Only white dial is normal

That's right up there with my favourite Breitling models. A modern classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Downing View Post
    You're not looking to sell yours then :)

So why did you go from the black to the blue then?

Cheers

David
    Hi Dave,
    That is a very fair question....and it was not due to a preference about colour really. I loved the design of the Headwind from the first time I noticed them, a mate had the black one so I had the chance to see it up close, and bought it. Little realising there was a blue variant, I remained blissfully ignorant until I sold it. Now the reason I sold it was due to the raised 'riders' which annoyingly catch on any long sleeve material.....wooly jumpers can be destroyed in an evening LOL. In addition, I just felt it looked a tad too small on the leather strap.
    We often talk about regrets on letting watches 'go', and I got to thinking, maybe if I had the watch on a bracelet it would wear larger......then came the realisation that not only were there later editions in a satin finish rather than the highly polished, but there was a rather nice blue dial too. For me it was the perfect combination.
    Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either colour, but if you like leather straps then I'd go for the black as it is more versatile.

I believe the blue also has the 'au epargné' finish. I love it on my black one, and its the only Breitling I have left.