closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Will they just accept that? Even though I didn't get a email?
    They did with me, I didn't get one either.

I had been given an offer the week before (33% off for 5yrs) but turned it down. Then just chanced it!

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Contact them yourself in a week or two say you've received an email offering 60% off and £50 cashback. It worked for me during my cancellation in September (which I wanted to go through with but the wife was moaning)

Oh and do it by live chat if you can get on
    Thanks for the tip, I'm going to cancel in Mar, will then phone a week or two later and try that!

Master
    I revived an old thread as I had not seen this one...my question really is do I need to cancel the lot to get the best deal, or are they likely to offer a 50% on the tv package. I have only cancelled the TV, not phone and broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Reviving this thread... :)

Just called sky to cancel out TV package as I have been paying about £125 per month for full TV, unlimited fibre broadband and phone with international calls. Agreed to remove sports and the international option to take down to £103, and then was offered a measly £16 further discount per month to £87. This was on the condition that I sign up for a further 12 months and the discount was only valid for 10 months!

Surprised by how little they offered there and then, and certainly wouldn't sign up for 12 more months without new equipment.

Anyway, went ahead with cancellation, and now awaiting a call from the retention a team.

I did stay with them for phone and broadband, and now wondering if I need to cancel those too in order to be offered a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    They did with me, I didn't get one either.

I had been given an offer the week before (33% off for 5yrs) but turned it down. Then just chanced it!
    great effort well done on that, I will try that next week :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I'm going to cancel in Mar, will then phone a week or two later and try that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    great effort well done on that, I will try that next week :)
    No probs both - good luck with it

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info guys.

I am paying over £105 for HDTV, BB and phone from Sky, I know that they discount if you complain but have never got around to it.
    Is 50% discount realistic?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

I am paying over £105 for HDTV, BB and phone from Sky, I know that they discount if you complain but have never got around to it.
    Is 50% discount realistic?
    +1 I pay £108 and have been saying i am going to stop sky this thread has reminded me to. my daughter got a fire stick and something called cody which shows all the films so i might try that.

Master
    Mine also goes off on the 18th but I'm going to try without for a while, certainly after that date. I'm going to try a Humax freesat box, purely because I record stuff when I'm at work. It'll be my wife who misses it the most, I think I'd be happier with just 5 channels.

Give sky the boot for a while you might find it OK, if you end up with an offer, it'll be for another 12 months contract. You can always go back if you can't live without it.

Back to broadband etc - I'm with Plusnet too and have found them excellent.

That may change next week when I move into a 4mbps speed house!