timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Head in your hands phone calls?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I have just received some footage from India:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/pu...3f27d4e61.html
    I would never have reacted like that over broccoli, I would merely have winged him.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Maybe you should try getting out of the 5 star hotel and having a look round. You might appreciate the people trying to help you can speak 3 languages fluently (their state language, Hindi and English) even if they do get hung up on the intricacies of European vegetables. You might also appreciate that you are akin to royalty in a country where the average family income is less than £300 per year, which might explain why no-one wants to say no to you even though they know as well as you do what's going to happen.

You might console yourself that at least you can get away from the government corruption and bureaucracy that means that half of all the rice produced in India rots before being delivered, and be pleased that at least some of the revenue from their world class technology industry is filtering down slowly. Maybe then you might start to appreciate all the wonderful things that India has to offer.
    So we've gone from a story about broccoli and biryani to being accused of criticising an entire nation. You remind me of one of those Indians who riot and murder because of a rumour that someone has beef in their fridge. I have been all over India. I have seen more of it than most of my Indian colleagues thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UJJWALDEY8165 View Post

Oh, and I am sure Marriot was grateful for your intervention with the local police - I wonder how they ran so many hotels for the last 30 years without you to help them out with the police and other sundry matters. My my, you should get a special award for that. Windmill, tilting...and all that
    Yeah they were very grateful actually , so were the deceased's family and colleagues. What do you do then, bellboy for Marriot ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Yeah they were very grateful actually , so were the deceased's family and colleagues. What do you do then, bellboy for Marriot ?
    Marriot was grateful to you for rescuing them from the Indian police. Are you sure, it's not a storyline from one of your C Grade Bollywood potboilers from Ramsay Brothers Production.

I am a bellboy, or something like that, and not ashamed of it. Thank god, I dont have to win some minor awards ( I am told that most film awards in India are 'Cash for award' scam, with Filmfare, Screen and National Awards being the exception) to make up imaginary stories about hotels and meals. Oh, and by the way, sardines have been available in shops in India long before Amazon, but having extensively travelled in India with your free Del boy pass, you should know that.
    Last edited by UJJWALDEY8165; 16th January 2016 at 17:36.

So we've gone from a story about broccoli and biryani to being accused of criticising an entire nation. You remind me of one of those Indians who riot and murder because of a rumour that someone has beef in their fridge. I have been all over India. I have seen more of it than most of my Indian colleagues thanks.
    I've read my post back and my tone was a bit humourless for what has been a humorous thread, so sorry to everyone for that.

Master
    What's your point ? Something against India or are you just joining the rest of the ankle biters I seem to have stirred up?
    The mean spirited tone that some people are applying to my first little tale is not in fact there
    I'm not trying to make one, nor do I have anything against you or India. Just trying to join the conversation. I'll go back to my cave then
    Last edited by asteclaru; 16th January 2016 at 18:37.

I assume your creative talent is not comedy writing.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez