closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Top Gear presenter.................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kdes24uk View Post
    He must be playing the hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    He must be playing the hamster.
    I hope that's a euphemism.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    It can't be any worse than the one trick pony that was the previous presenters. It was getting a bit boring with the same old dog and pony show that Clarkson would put together, god knows how amazon didn't notice that the last 3 years was the same rehash over and over again, i don't have to watch whatever they do to know what will happen, week in, week out on their new show.
    Totally agree! I stopped watching TG last series. Maybe it's a generation or class thing, but the old show was dull and pretentious to me.

CE and MLB are more my generation and I lm looking forward to it, think it'll be great.

Journeyman
    £500 000 ? BBC is splashing out

Journeyman
    People will now watch just to see him, good call by bbc

Master
    Please god no - not Eddie Jordan. That might be enough to make me switch off!

I would watch their new show on amazon more. Doesnt matter who represents the top gear show, it will never be even close to what it was.

All these years I never had any idea that Chris Evans was remotely tall. Six foot two.

Top Gear unveils its magnificent seven

Seven presenters?!

All of a sudden I found myself thinking of Why Don't You?

Craftsman
    I think they're missing an Asian person.

Think it looks a good mix and they have obviously made a big move away from the three person format, hopefully it will be more about the cars and less about egos

Master
    Ah, now that's better. A much more culturally diverse group, finally!
    [sigh]

A good group, but possibly too many of them?? Well, let's wait and see...

Master
    Quite the mix - I'm actually really impressed. Certainly a hell of a lot more enthused for the show now than I was when Clarkson et al departed last year. Have been watching Chris Harris's videos on YouTube for ages so keen to see what he can bring to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

All these years I never had any idea that Chris Evans was remotely tall. Six foot two.

Seven presenters?!

Well done the BBC. That's almost all the PC boxes ticked. ( Stig is quite possibly an Asian Woman )

I'm not convinced that the presence of Eddie Jordan will draw many new viewers.

Shouldn't complain, because two versions of Top Gear has to be better than none, and I'm sure that the brains behind the previous incarnation, including Richard Porter and Andy Wilman will be re-energised by their move to Amazon, but I really don't like Chris Evans and feel that everything he does has to be centred on him.

I'm happy to remain open-minded and give it a try, though.

Too many cooks.....

(G&D rules;)
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th February 2016 at 10:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Well done the BBC. That's almost all the PC boxes ticked. ( Stig is quite possibly an Asian Woman )
    We will tell on the first hot lap......

I can't stand Evans and can't say I like Jordan or Le Blanc... so not for me. The BEEP of lost there way on this, how much of our licence fee is being thrown at this ... another millionaires play ground like the Sports awards.
    I watch more amateur u tube sport than BBC sport these days. Who remembers the Scrambling on Grandstand on Saturdays?

Eddie - flippin- Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I can't stand Evans and can't say I like Jordan or Le Blanc... so not for me. The BEEP of lost there way on this, how much of our licence fee is being thrown at this ... another millionaires play ground like the Sports awards.
    I watch more amateur u tube sport than BBC sport these days. Who remembers the Scrambling on Grandstand on Saturdays?
    Me for one! Jeff Smith, Dave Bickers, BSA and DOT (Devoid of Trouble) bikes...the advent of two-stroke scramblers...fond memories indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Me for one! Jeff Smith, Dave Bickers, BSA and DOT (Devoid of Trouble) bikes...the advent of two-stroke scramblers...fond memories indeed.
    Arthur Lampkin was my favourite. I've sat on Dave Bickers world championship bike (a Greeves), it still resides in his mechanics garage in Thundersley Essex

Sorry to hyjack the thread, but com on these are real people...Chris Evans???

Master
    how much of our licence fee is being thrown at this ... another millionaires play ground like the Sports awards.
    Thing is, the 'old' Top Gear was really expensive to produce but I'm sure it more than paid for itself and gave a great return on investment for the BBC through syndication and merchandise revenues. Assuming this Top Gear comes anywhere as close to the success of the previous one, I'm sure it'll at the very least be cost neutral for the BBC, so no more a drain on the license fee than any other programme... like gardeners question time on radio 4.

Not sure what Eddie Jordan will bring to the mix other than a bad tan, tight white trousers and horrendous shirts....

On a serious note though it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Clearly there are too many presenters to include them in every show. I'm hoping for a mix of them every week. Which should mean that the show won't just be a weekly repeat with different supercars and locations.
    Could we get back to the old 'old topgear' when QW et al alternated between reviewing practical cars and supercars? Lets hope so!

Eddie Jordan. Why? He has an even bigger ego and sense of his own importance than Evans (who I actually like).

I always wanted to see Brian Blessed do F1 commentary, sometimes you need someone who isn't a car journalist/enthusiast involved. At least Sabine and the chimp can both drive, I can see them sharing one of Frankel's cars at the Revival and competing at the 'Ring.

In case you haven't seen it, this is a splendid bit of film. I have a suspicion when they fiddle with TG in a year or two, Monkey and Sabine will be the two staying on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJkYDol6vW8
    "A man of little significance"

The BEEP of lost there way on this,
    What on earth does this mean?

Personally I'm looking forward to the new show, I respect most of the new presenters and hope they will actually review cars instead of printing to race them against hot air balloons/space shuttles/Sinclair C5's etc

It looks like the Beeb have whacked the Top Gear format repeatedly over the head with the diversity stick. I have no doubt that it will now have something for everyone, which is often a recipe for failure.

I can't see anyone in that line up that will dilute my dislike of Evans enough to make me watch it. I wonder if Eddie Jordan will change his syrup as the series progresses?

It doesn't matter how many presenters they throw at Top Gear, they won't have Jeremy Clarkson's script, and that was what made the show such a huge world-wide success.

Apart from Eddie Jordan (who has a very good knowledge of the racing business, excellent contacts, and is not afraid of asking the awkward questions that nobody else dares), there's not a single presenter in the new line-up that I'd tune in to watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    It doesn't matter how many presenters they throw at Top Gear, they won't have Jeremy Clarkson's script, and that was what made the show such a huge world-wide success.

Apart from Eddie Jordan (who has a very good knowledge of the racing business, excellent contacts, and is not afraid of asking the awkward questions that nobody else dares), there's not a single presenter in the new line-up that I'd tune in to watch.
    I thought it was Richard Porter who was the script writer on the old Top Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I thought it was Richard Porter who was the script writer on the old Top Gear?
    Script Editor.

Most of the ideas were Clarkson's, and they were actually able to use some of them. Read Richard Porter's book "And on that bombshell", it's an excellent insight into the reality of Top Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

Most of the ideas were Clarkson's,
    If so then the "ideas" has run their course, long past time for a change.

Master
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the number of presenters has swollen due to the gradual discovery that Evans couldn't
    1. Do all the sideways smoking tyre driving
    2. Do any sort of driving while his brain was powering his mouth
    3. Sit in a car being driven at speed without blowing chunks.

I expect him to be a constant "link man" in the studio with maybe one or two other presenters.

(Fingers crossed so I can fast forward those bits)

Think you had all better see this

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    I thought the same...until I found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Seven presenters?!

Still...I suppose it counts as an update...

Or maybe I've missed something...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    I think they're missing an Asian person.
    My thought as well...............Oriental too? Which one's gay?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    If you compare Chris Evans Breakfast Radio Show with One Show with TFI Friday, you can see that he can turn his hands to multiple broadcasting formats and audiences. Let's give him a chance, it can't be worse than Fifth Gear
    Sorry, as far as I have seen Evans is the same self-obsessed, attention-seeking knob on all of those programmes, which is why I don't watch/listen to any when he's on.

When EVERYONE I trust tells me the new TG is actually brilliant, I'll catch up on the ones I've missed - Until then, I've do something else instead.

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    errr... why do you think they have 'The Stig'?????

M

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    Is anybody else hoping that it's Sabine?

They've even got the Animal kingdom covered. By including a monkey.

Baddum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    They've even got the Animal kingdom covered. By including a monkey.

Baddum!

I don't quite follow - which one is the monkey?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

Chris Harris, or 'monkey' Harris as he's also known.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Is anybody else hoping that it's Sabine?
    Only if they film 'it'.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Think it looks a good mix and they have obviously made a big move away from the three person format, hopefully it will be more about the cars and less about egos
    Less about egos? With these presenters thats all it will be, unless they all have personality transplants overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    Chris Harris, or 'monkey' Harris as he's also known.
    https://twitter.com/harrismonkey

No one legged fat short black lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Ahh... thanks for that. Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    It looks like the Beeb have whacked the Top Gear format repeatedly over the head with the diversity stick. I have no doubt that it will now have something for everyone, which is often a recipe for failure.
    And the total cobblers that was the public audition which was as everyone suspected just a PR stunt.....

A reporter who's already been in a series on Sky1 apparently "can't believe he made it through when it was open to everyone" nope... We can't believe it either ...imagine our surprise......

That line up looks like the sort of characters made up in school text books for tomorrow's generation written by Marxist imbeciles where they are all either gender neutral or part of a diverse multi cultural ethnic minority in an integrated European Union.... ...

The whole joke of Top Gear in essence was a ridiculously successful programme where the script and presenters were so non PC in the W1A world of the BBC which drove the highly overpaid execs mad....

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    In case you haven't seen it, this is a splendid bit of film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJkYDol6vW8
    One I'd not seen before, cheers for posting.

CHoC was/is one of the best of its type on YT and a good chunk of that is down to Neil Carey. They make a great team, I wonder what Neil's up to now?

As for the 7 presenters, I'm looking forward to see how it comes together. Rory Reid's take on reviewing a Rolls is entertainingly original. Well, I enjoyed it.

https://youtu.be/Yd_6P_AQj6U

Master
    All this could have been avoided if they had got the big oaf a hot lunch.

PeePeeSee at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    And the total cobblers that was the public audition which was as everyone suspected just a PR stunt.....

A reporter who's already been in a series on Sky1 apparently "can't believe he made it through when it was open to everyone" nope... We can't believe it either ...imagine our surprise......

That line up looks like the sort of characters made up in school text books for tomorrow's generation written by Marxist imbeciles where they are all either gender neutral or part of a diverse multi cultural ethnic minority in an integrated European Union.... ...

The whole joke of Top Gear in essence was a ridiculously successful programme where the script and presenters were so non PC in the W1A world of the BBC which drove the highly overpaid execs mad....
    Did you watch "W1A"? The weekly Damage Limitation meeting always had "Jeremy Clarkson" fixed as the first item on the agenda.