closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick question - Panerai service for tritium PAM024

Master

Quick question - Panerai service for tritium PAM024

Hopefully a quick one. My PAM024 could do with a service and the bezel is stiff. What's the latest view on where to send and what they will charge? It has the original tritium dial and hands and I obviously want to keep these on the watch.

I'm in London tomorrow and may be able to drop it off if this is way things are done these days.

Cheers

Simon

Can't help with the 024, but i enquired at Mallory's in Bath yesterday about a service for my 190 and was told £345 for a Panerai service.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Hopefully a quick one. My PAM024 could do with a service and the bezel is stiff. What's the latest view on where to send and what they will charge? It has the original tritium dial and hands and I obviously want to keep these on the watch.

I'm in London tomorrow and may be able to drop it off if this is way things are done these days.

Cheers

Simon

Well you don't have to commit to Panerai themselves for a mechanical service of course, but if the bezel rotation is compromised and needed parts other than maybe a de-gunge that's a different matter. If you're in London i'd drop into Wempe who are approved repairers (or were anyway) on non in house movements and they'd be more sympathetic i'd wager on you not wanting to replace the hand set. That said they'll charge the same or close to Panerai prices i imagine.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Well you don't have to commit to Panerai themselves for a mechanical service of course, but if the bezel rotation is compromised and needed parts other than maybe a de-gunge that's a different matter. If you're in London i'd drop into Wempe who are approved repairers (or were anyway) on non in house movements and they'd be more sympathetic i'd wager on you not wanting to replace the hand set. That said they'll charge the same or close to Panerai prices i imagine.
    Yes, I want to keep dial and hands as they are and want to use someone who will respect that. Wempe is a possibility as I quite like the idea of using an in-house watchmaker and not sending the watch away to a faceless service centre. I'm in London tomorrow and will look at Wempe, else Mallory's are not too far from me and I could drop it in there.

I'm a bit out of touch and have been away from the watch world for a couple years so thanks for the input.

Craftsman
    Would they not change the dial and hands if it is tritium?
    I heard few people had bad surprises with tritium dial being replaced by current dal with luminova

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valekk View Post
    Would they not change the dial and hands if it is tritium?
    I heard few people had bad surprises with tritium dial being replaced by current dal with luminova
    Thats my concern. I'm hoping this is now a well trodden path and they can now accomodate this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, based on past experience they (Panerai service) wont replace anything without your prior acceptance as of course any parts changed are chargeable for which they need the owners permission. Panerai do invariably suggest replacement of hand-sets and (sadly) there are any number of mongrel T dials witn L hands now in circulation. If in doubt just go to an independent watchmaker who will respect your wishes.

Craftsman
    I agree with shadowman
    I have read a thread on different forum that an omega owner that had a tritium on his dial. Sent his watch for service and the watch came back with new dial. Omega excuse was (long storiy short) "was all tritium must be replaced for health and safety"