closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: canary ip camera

canary ip camera

looking to get a ip camera and came across the canary, anyone got one or one they can recommend, the thing i like about the canary is it detects where your phone with the app on is and turns off notifications when you are home ,although reviews state its very sensitive with falsa alarms,
    i would imagine this would be a pain with other ip cameras when you are home getting constant notifications ,

any thoughts most welcome

Craftsman
    I have been told that you only get a certain amount of notifications. And then you need to sign up for an ongoing charge.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by omega steve View Post
    I have been told that you only get a certain amount of notifications. And then you need to sign up for an ongoing charge.
    Not true. Notifications are unlimited. Recordings are only stored on Canary's servers for 24 hours (but can be marked to keep indefinitely) unless you pay to increase the retention period. I've got one and am very happy with it. False alarms are not a problem and if they are you can configure sensitivity to eliminate them.

I recently installed the Samsung IP cameras at work, they are great if a little sensitive . I had to turn off motion detection on one because car lights moving shadows set it off.
    At least I know when the security guard does his rounds as he rattles the front door and sets off the sound detection .
    The app on iPhone works well with no limits to alerts - you must be connected to wifi or mobile data.
    Set up was as easy as they say

Craftsman
    Ive got a Netgear arlo-q on beta, works great, similar to canary but free for 7 days use. Great quality audio/video, night vision etc. control by app on phone or website. Interfaces to the other arlo system if you have it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q-Smart-Secu...eywords=arlo+q