closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to England

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Ans the best bit is, you didn't have to pay a refundable contribution at the time, to fix your son? That was the best bit? Stap me, that's twisted!
    Pop over to the States and see examples of my sons accident and see if they are sorted with the same care and response without the victim having to dip into their pockets.
    I brought a chap who lives in the States from Heathrow a little while back and we were talking about the pros and cons of living over there. Healthcare is scarily expensive. He told me a story of a teenage girl who was knocked down and the first thing she said to people at the scene was don't call an ambulance, my family can't afford it, but hey, in your opinion that's probably a better care system eh.

Thanks again for all the comments. Even though I stayed away for 18 years, I never hated the UK, I just built a life elsewhere. I am really happy to be coming home.

Of what? Compared to the third world's options, the NHS probably looks attractive. But compared to the world's best, it's a serial underperformer. If that's the best thing you can think of, then you are painting a pretty poor picture of the UK compared to other countries.
    According to the WHO the UK ranks 18th best health care system globally out of 190 countries. Notice you appear to live in Germany. That's ranked 7 places below the UK by the way.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    According to the WHO the UK ranks 18th best health care system globally out of 190 countries. Notice you appear to live in Germany. That's ranked 7 places below the UK by the way.....
    Been to a German hospital recently? And that ranking was from 16 years ago. Since then the NHS has set up death camps. The Germans did that too, admittedly, but not when they were trying to heal you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Pop over to the States and see examples of my sons accident and see if they are sorted with the same care and response without the victim having to dip into their pockets.
    I brought a chap who lives in the States from Heathrow a little while back and we were talking about the pros and cons of living over there. Healthcare is scarily expensive. He told me a story of a teenage girl who was knocked down and the first thing she said to people at the scene was don't call an ambulance, my family can't afford it, but hey, in your opinion that's probably a better care system eh.
    Ah, is the United States the only other country in the world? It's certainly the only one the British are able to remember when you talk about alternative healthcare systems.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Been to a German hospital recently? And that ranking was from 16 years ago. Since then the NHS has set up death camps. The Germans did that too, admittedly, but not when they were trying to heal you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, is the United States the only other country in the world? It's certainly the only one the British are able to remember when you talk about alternative healthcare systems.
    Ok then a more recent one (from 2014) puts the UK top out of 11 High Income countries

http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-scie...lthcare-report

Perhaps you have had a bad experience out of kilter with the norm here as whilst I find UK GPs a bit hit and miss, hospital treatment (which unfortunately we have had to avail of frequently for our toddler son) has been outstanding. I have never had to use a German hospital/medical facility so cannot make comparisons but have recently used the French system.