closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: calling used car dealers

calling used car dealers

has someone got a 'book' they can check a price for me?
    alternatively, how on the mark are the online price calculators like 'honest john'?
    cheers
    bignose dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    I work for the market leader. PM me the details and I'll see what I can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    I work for the market leader. PM me the details and I'll see what I can do for you.
    cheers sticko. I've sent you a pm.

Dave

I'm sure Sticko will come through with the goods. I can also provide some CAP data if required. Reg Number and mileage via a PM please and I'll answer on the morrow.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by the.admiral View Post
    Dave

I'm sure Sticko will come through with the goods. I can also provide some CAP data if required. Reg Number and mileage via a PM please and I'll answer on the morrow.

A.
    cheers general. will also send you a pm. regards. dave

Master
    Really depends what model of car you have and price bracket £1000 £100,000 etc... Main two are Cap & Glasses, valuations can vary wildly from the two for the same model though, not really giving you a 'true' market value (can differ by thousands at the upper end) Autotrader valuation or even tap the details into webuyanycar might be more beneficial, depending on what you're looking for 'Real Market' or 'Trade' value. Even then there can be a lot more variables that would change the valuation, condition, specification, high spec car adding quite a lot of value etc...

Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the.admiral View Post
    Dave

A.
    Hi guys, I don't want to send any unsolicited PMs but if you don't mind I am just about to trade in my car and an accurate valuation would be much appreciated. Is there any chance either of you could help me out please?

Cheers.

Roy

Again, happy to assist. PM me the reg number and the mileage and I will answer tomorrow.

A.

Blog Entries
    I think it's the Hairy Donkey GLS step over Rave is after. Being from up north he will need to be sure it fits in his garage come bed I mean.

In the city tomorrow pal??

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I think it's the Hairy Donkey GLS step over Rave is after. Being from up north he will need to be sure it fits in his garage come bed I mean.

In the city tomorrow pal??
    not tomorrow paul, but I've pencilled in a visit for sometime next week. if you've got the time for coffee and cupcakes drop me a line

Have a look on AutoTrader , PistonHeads and Top Marques sites for similar cars. Work out what is a competitive retail price for your car and then trim a bit off that to give the dealer a reasonable margin, remembering that they pay VAT on the difference between their purchase and selling price. CAP and Glass Guide prices can vary widely and are not to be relied on , very much depends on the car.They can differ by up to 20 % !!!

Master
    CAP do free online valuations these days: http://www.cap.co.uk/car-valuation

Master
    To add, I agree with notnowkato that Glass Guide prices aren't great but CAP prices are derived from auction data (BCA) and are bang on IME.

Cupcakes?

Master
    Autotrader should give you a good estimate. Then get a price from we buy any car.com which will give you a rock bottom trade price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Autotrader should give you a good estimate. Then get a price from we buy any car.com which will give you a rock bottom trade price.
    You'd be surprised with WBAC they work off of BCA (who own WBAC) auction prices. Run of the mill models, Civic, focus etc... will be low prices as the market is saturated. Anything a bit rarer, high spec they will offer competive quotes majority of the time a percentage over the trade figures (Cap&Glasses) plenty of times I've priced a px and WBAC have been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    You'd be surprised with WBAC they work off of BCA (who own WBAC) auction prices. Run of the mill models, Civic, focus etc... will be low prices as the market is saturated. Anything a bit rarer, high spec they will offer competive quotes majority of the time a percentage over the trade figures (Cap&Glasses) plenty of times I've priced a px and WBAC have been higher.
    WBAC offered me £9,400 last week for my Freelander and I traded it at £11,000 against a Mercedes at £18,500.

Tom

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    WBAC offered me £9,400 last week for my Freelander and I traded it at £11,000 against a Mercedes at £18,500.

Tom
    Not saying they are gonna be competitive on everything. Mercedes could be 'over allowing ' giving more for your P/X, basically discounting the Merc by giving you more for your car. Things like -Audi Q7's with Panoramic Glass sunroofs, full spec Range Rovers etc... WBAC monitor auction prices, so anything making well above cap figures going through the block(auction hall) will be adjusted on their website when quoting prices. Just really depends on how popular the model is you're part exchanging or selling.