closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Majorca Alcudia B-)

Master
    Blog Entries

Majorca Alcudia B-)

Going this year and just wondered if anyone who has been has any suggestions on best trips/things to see/cheapest way to get about etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Going this year and just wondered if anyone who has been has any suggestions on best trips/things to see/cheapest way to get about etc.
    Just went about 4 weeks ago. You're in a good location as it is - Port De Pollenca is closeby and is a lovely place. A little drive northwest takes you on a fun (read: tense and breath-baiting) road to the lighthouse at Cap Formentor. There are plenty of markets going on in the main towns and the bus service on Majorca is pretty good too!

I'd recommend a day in Palma which, despite seeming a little touristy can actually be really lovely - it's a very pretty city with lots of winding streets and a lot of history. Also a lot of good shops and cafes/restaurants.

I hope the weather is better for you than it was for me! Rained 4 days out of 7...

Also you asked about getting about. I mentioned the buses but there are car rentals all over the place - the roads in Majorca are good and traffic never seemed particularly busy. Best of luck!
    Last edited by doebag; 14th June 2016 at 21:47.

We went a couple of years ago,we went to the pirate show which is on in magaluf,not my thing really but the wife and kids wanted to go,I have to say it was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcudia Old Town is worth a visit on market day (twice a week I think). Take a wander around the bustling market, leisurely lunch, then a look around the extensive Roman remains of the town of Pollentia. You can walk there from Port of Alcudia, but it's a cheap taxi ride if you prefer.
    F.T.F.A.

We got a europcar from the far (non-sea) end of the main street in Alcudia that runs perpendicular to the beach. No worries if you get full cover. (Take a good look at the reviews for Gold cars before you try and save a few pounds...)

We also hired bikes for a couple of days. Valldemossa area was great for walking (although pretty much all of it is, to be fair).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you folks. Car hire is something I wouldn't mind doing for a day or 2 but not done it before abroad. Worried about getting stung from a rental company.

The pirate show is something I'm looking at so that's good to know mk1974

Doebag thanks for the info. That rain must of been gutting :(

Master
    deffo recommend palma lovely city

alcudia really nice as well, havent been in years

Master
    Thank you folks. Car hire is something I wouldn't mind doing for a day or 2 but not done it before abroad. Worried about getting stung from a rental company.

Terrys car hire are very good and get lots of good feedback, ive used them and had no probs

Craftsman
    It was ok until the road outside of the apartment complex flooded which meant we couldn't go out anywhere to try to get away from it. On the upside the bar at the complex served VERY generous measures of spirit in their mixers which made a rainy day quite enjoyable ;-)

One other thing I forgot to recommend - hit a market and find a butchers/cured meats stall and buy yourself a cup of sliced Serrano/Iberico for just a couple of euros. That's how I want to spend my last living hours - gorging on cured ham from a paper cup.

Master
    The port at Alcudia is quite nice - a couple of great restaurants in the sidestreets nearby. My favourites are:

Meson Dulcinea for amazing Chateaubriand carved and served rare with a hot stone to cook to your own taste.
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...c_Islands.html

Ca'n Punyetes for great tapas.

The old town is very atmospheric, but the restaurants are a little hit and miss but the outdoor / garden setting of many of them is very appealing.

What hotel you in ,is it in the town or marina

Master
    Blog Entries
    We're staying in playa de muro so just up the road from Alcudia. Were AI so restaurants probably not going to get much use out of us.

Will definitely try to get to Palma one of the days.

I shall check out terrys cars hire, I take it you just need your drivers license?

@ Doebag lol if Serrano/Iberico is that good I'm really going to have to try some.

We're staying in playa de muro so just up the road from Alcudia. Were AI so restaurants probably not going to get much use out of us.

I shall check out terrys cars hire, I take it you just need your drivers license?

@ Doebag lol if Serrano/Iberico is that good I'm really going to have to try some.
    I've stayed there,the hotel was set back behind a lake,good beach

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by simonrah View Post
    The port at Alcudia is quite nice - a couple of great restaurants in the sidestreets nearby. My favourites are:

Meson Dulcinea for amazing Chateaubriand carved and served rare with a hot stone to cook to your own taste.

Ca'n Punyetes for great tapas.

The old town is very atmospheric, but the restaurants are a little hit and miss but the outdoor / garden setting of many of them is very appealing.
    Thanks for that, those two are close to the hotel im staying in next week.

Master

We stayed in Porta Pollenca a few times. Always just had a car prehired from the airport. The roads across are very good or at least were. You now need to get your code from the dvla so your points can be checked if required.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I've stayed there,the hotel was set back behind a lake,good beach

What was the name of the hotel?

Anyone know the best place to get my euros?

What was the name of the hotel?

Anyone know the best place to get my euros?
    Maybe lagotel,was a few years ago

Master
    We did four years on the bounce at playa de Muro, hotel Los Principes literally on the beach, relaxing spa was a bonus.