closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont Clearance Diver watch for sale on ebay

Craftsman

Bremont Clearance Diver watch for sale on ebay

For all those interested in military watches, the following is for sale on ebay presently.

I have no connection with the seller. I am just impressed with the quality of the PVD on the watch after being in active service for a number of years.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Ro...QAAOSwZVlXokVh

Not cheap!

Master
    Was it actually issued by the RN? Or is it just another commissioned / tenuous tie-in item that someone happened to wear while serving?

Quote Originally Posted by firebottle View Post
    For all those interested in military watches, the following is for sale on ebay presently.

I have no connection with the seller. I am just impressed with the quality of the PVD on the watch after being in active service for a number of years.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Ro...QAAOSwZVlXokVh
    To be fair, it doesn't state how much actual diving use the watch has had. It just says it has been ' worn regularly' and 'worn on diving operations'. So it could have seen as much action as my old sumo. Which isn't much.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Was it actually issued by the RN? Or is it just another commissioned / tenuous tie-in item that someone happened to wear while serving?
    Certainly not issued, but the Bremont Military projects (like Breitling) are initially only available to members of the Armed Forces - who then do with them what they please.

Note the Navy service number engraved on the back. He may be a Clearance Diver - or he may be a Clerk.

Or how about this one and at such a stupid price

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Supe...c100408.m2460h

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    Certainly not issued, but the Bremont Military projects (like Breitling) are initially only available to members of the Armed Forces - who then do with them what they please.

Note the Navy service number engraved on the back. He may be a Clearance Diver - or he may be a Clerk.
    Real diver/desk diver, doesn't seem to matter too much here.

Master
    I like the small movement in the big case look, so classy

Master
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to see what these sell for, I have an F3 tornado aerospace that I never use and should really move on.

Non of these are issued they are private purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Or how about this one and at such a stupid price

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Supe...c100408.m2460h

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    First time ive seen the GMT version for sale seen quite a few of the DLC none GMT ones thou. You have to be a retired or current RN clearance diver to buy one from bremont and if sold on by the original buyer bremont alledgedly WONT honour the warranty

Master
    ^^^^^^
    I can't see how they can enforce that. The warranty is for the watch not the owner. Besides which they use tarted up ETA movements so repair / servicing shouldn't be an issue

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's in the T&C's when you place your deposit, the warrantee will be VOID if sold on in the first three years of ownership, all projects must be engraved too.

Master
    I would enjoy seeing Bremont trying to enforce guarantee terms like that. The whole thing seems one long exercise in marketing. Cynical is the word that occurs to me. You either stand by your products or you don't. Imagine saying a watch was a 'mans' watch and refusing service to female owners.
    Or we could have 'gullible' watches , sold only to those daft enough to believe the hype. All sorts of options really.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think my aerospace was a similar deal, Bremont will carry out repairs but at cost.

The lack of puns on this thread saddens me
    Joe

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post

Current or retired - some 65 year old guy could buy one to flip 30 years out of the service. Another silly watch, but at least it doesn't have any foreign objects glued to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I would enjoy seeing Bremont trying to enforce guarantee terms like that. The whole thing seems one long exercise in marketing. Cynical is the word that occurs to me. You either stand by your products or you don't. Imagine saying a watch was a 'mans' watch and refusing service to female owners.
    Or we could have 'gullible' watches , sold only to those daft enough to believe the hype. All sorts of options really.
    Did you know, for example, that changing your Rolex bracelet to one of Eddie's NATO straps voids the warranty?

"Any addition or substitution of parts or accessories with those not manufactured by Rolex, as well as any alteration, modification or other material change made to or on Rolex products by a third party not authorized by Rolex cancels the warranty."

Source: https://www.rolex.com/footer/legal.html

Master
    ^^^^^^
    That's only from new, same as any other new item sold with a warranty, alter it with third party parts / accessories and it's void, nothing new there. If then alter your item after the initial from new warranty period of 5 years and have it serviced 'as is' then it's the work and parts carried out / changed that are warrantied for the next 2 years, not the whole watch as such.

Or, if in the from new warranty period you just put the original strap / bracelet back on then send it for warranty repair. I really don't see what the issue is.

In the Bremont case they are effectively saying that the owner is 'insured' against repairs / tweeks needed, hence void should the watch be sold on within that period. Which I'm sure, well at least hope that, consumer law would refute their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    ^^^^^^
    That's only from new, same as any other new item sold with a warranty, alter it with third party parts / accessories and it's void, nothing new there. If then alter your item after the initial from new warranty period of 5 years and have it serviced 'as is' then it's the work and parts carried out / changed that are warrantied for the next 2 years, not the whole watch as such.

Or, if in the from new warranty period you just put the original strap / bracelet back on then send it for warranty repair. I really don't see what the issue is.

In the Bremont case they are effectively saying that the owner is 'insured' against repairs / tweeks needed, hence void should the watch be sold on within that period. Which I'm sure, well at least hope that, consumer law would refute their policy.
    You might want to Google a bit.

Plenty of non-transferable Warranties around. Try here, for example.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    You might want to Google a bit.

Plenty of non-transferable Warranties around. Try here, for example.
    I stand corrected, thanks for that. Although legal of course it does seem rather unfair. Then again no one ever said business is fair