closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photobucket - Iffy!

Photobucket - Iffy!

Info / advisory for those using Photobucket.

Just clicked on a pic hosted on PB in a Sales Corner post - result:

• Transfer to Photobucket site
    • Annoying pop-up featuring a picture of a dog and something about 'zero ads' - closed
    • Annoying pop-up taking up three quarters of my screen with numerous picture links to sponsored ads - closed
    • Extremely annoying 'vibrating' pop-up in bottom left corner of screen pretending to be a windows / system upgrade message but actually a link to a dodgy-looking URL, almost certainly malware, stealth download or similar - avoided, as the close button was just part of the image link
    • Closed Photobucket tab, and thus didn't get to see the images I went after

I wouldn't touch this site with a bargepole, much less host my images on it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What's a better image hosting site now? I use photobucket and like you say the amount of pop ups you get now is silly and some are pretty dodgy.

That is strange I have just used PB and no pop ups, but I do use an add blocker.

I use PB a fair bit. When I first access the site I get a single ad that covers the top half of the screen. I usually click beneath it ie on the PB page, and don't get bothered further.

Quote Originally Posted by alan2273 View Post
    That is strange I have just used PB and no pop ups, but I do use an add blocker.
    Yes, using an ad blocker (I like Adblock Plus) deals with most of the really annoying stuff. I'd disabled it on my browser earlier to take a look at what was being blocked on PB, and was surprised at what was lurking there.