closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronext.co.uk

I've just bought my wife's Xmas gift using that code. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    I used the forum code last Friday when purchasing my sub and it worked a treat, saved me £188, but maybe they've pulled the code later this week.
    Yeah, that must be the case. I visited today an AD and bought from there after all. I kindly asked what is the best they can do if I was buying today cash and he gave me a better price, even with the members coupon. Sometimes it's just worth asking.

Here is my new Mark XVIII:

Master
    Great that u guys are still getting the watches! I wasn't aware that the forum code expired will speak with their owner and see if we can bring it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visited their London showroom last week to ask a few questions and to reassure myself they were trustworthy. Had a chat with one of the guys there who was happy to talk and alleviated all my worries. Plan to buy a breitling seawolf this month hopefully. Price is fluctuating a bit with the euro rate so need to strike at right time. Had no idea there was a forum discount, if that reappears in the future and if i qualify I'll be buying without a doubt.

Visited ADs on my london trip, hard to justify paying ad prices. Plus i expect you'd be treated just as well if you collected from the chronext showroom to make it more special than a parcel from a postman.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM35F View Post
    Visited their London showroom last week to ask a few questions and to reassure myself they were trustworthy. Had a chat with one of the guys there who was happy to talk and alleviated all my worries. Plan to buy a breitling seawolf this month hopefully. Price is fluctuating a bit with the euro rate so need to strike at right time. Had no idea there was a forum discount, if that reappears in the future and if i qualify I'll be buying without a doubt.

Visited ADs on my london trip, hard to justify paying ad prices. Plus i expect you'd be treated just as well if you collected from the chronext showroom to make it more special than a parcel from a postman.
    When I bought from the Chronext showroom they gave my a sparking wine so it was just like the AD experience.

Craftsman
    Their prices are pretty well pegged to the EURGBP exchange rate so as the pound gets stronger chronext gets cheaper.

My wife has been hinting re. A Rolex OP with the grape dial so I'm keeping my eye out chronext as she has a big birthday and a graduation next year

Apprentice
    I have just paid a deposit on a new Rolex Datejust with Chronext, which will be delivered to the London boutique.

I am getting this (together with a £116 discount on the Tube2016 code which I was able to quote on the phone to them), for £750 less than the RRP (which is £5,900)!!

Given this rather large discount, I wanted to be clear about the warranty position with Rolex, given that there are often warranty issues with 'grey imports'. I had two conversations with Chronext about this - one on the phone, one on live chat with a very helpful chap called Daniel Armstrong. This is what was said on the livechat, and was pretty reassuring:

"You
    I would also like confirmation that there will be no issue with the Rolex 5 year guarantee?

Daniel Armstrong
    No there will be no issue with the guarantee

the warranty is usually sent with no name from our supplier

You
    Ok, but how do I know if that has been done on my watch or not? And how do Rolex then know that I own the watch?

Daniel Armstrong
    Rolex warranties are transferrable so regardless of the name the watch will still be covered by the guarantee

You
    Sure. But can you assure me that my watch warranty will be registered with Rolex? You say that the warranty is "usually" sent with no name.

Daniel Armstrong
    Yes the Rolex Guarantee will be 100% authentic and will be stamped by an authorised dealer

You
    Ok cool. Thanks

Finally, can I then directly register my ownership of the watch with Rolex?

Daniel Armstrong
    The watch will be under your ownership whilst you have the watch and the paperwork it will be provided with

You
    So you are saying that I don't need to (or can't?) register my ownership direct with Rolex?

Daniel Armstrong
    there is no need to or chance to register directly with Rolex as this is done by the authorized dealer when they sell the watch
    so when someone buys a Rolex the only thing that matters is that the warranty card is activated by the dealer, which it will be
    This is the registration of the Rolex so to say

You
    Perfectly clear.
    So if something goes wrong with it, can I walk into a Rolex auth dealer and ask for a repair in accordance with the guarantee/warranty?

Daniel Armstrong
    yes exactly, you can take it to any authorised dealer"

As I said, I found this very reassuring. I have to say, Chronext have been brilliant thus far.

Master
    Nice chaps who were kind enough to let me have a play with this the other day. Sadly I didn't get to keep it...

They've got a great selection on display along Piccadilly and are helpful and genuinely enthusiastic about the watches. They were also keen to track down specific unusual models, and I'd be glad to deal with them in future.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SSA123 View Post
    I have just paid a deposit on a new Rolex Datejust with Chronext, which will be delivered to the London boutique.

I am getting this (together with a £116 discount on the Tube2016 code which I was able to quote on the phone to them), for £750 less than the RRP (which is £5,900)!!

Given this rather large discount, I wanted to be clear about the warranty position with Rolex, given that there are often warranty issues with 'grey imports'. I had two conversations with Chronext about this - one on the phone, one on live chat with a very helpful chap called Daniel Armstrong. This is what was said on the livechat, and was pretty reassuring:

"You
    I would also like confirmation that there will be no issue with the Rolex 5 year guarantee?

Daniel Armstrong
    No there will be no issue with the guarantee

the warranty is usually sent with no name from our supplier

You
    Ok, but how do I know if that has been done on my watch or not? And how do Rolex then know that I own the watch?

Daniel Armstrong
    Rolex warranties are transferrable so regardless of the name the watch will still be covered by the guarantee

You
    Sure. But can you assure me that my watch warranty will be registered with Rolex? You say that the warranty is "usually" sent with no name.

Daniel Armstrong
    Yes the Rolex Guarantee will be 100% authentic and will be stamped by an authorised dealer

You
    Ok cool. Thanks

Finally, can I then directly register my ownership of the watch with Rolex?

Daniel Armstrong
    The watch will be under your ownership whilst you have the watch and the paperwork it will be provided with

You
    So you are saying that I don't need to (or can't?) register my ownership direct with Rolex?

Daniel Armstrong
    there is no need to or chance to register directly with Rolex as this is done by the authorized dealer when they sell the watch
    so when someone buys a Rolex the only thing that matters is that the warranty card is activated by the dealer, which it will be
    This is the registration of the Rolex so to say

You
    Perfectly clear.
    So if something goes wrong with it, can I walk into a Rolex auth dealer and ask for a repair in accordance with the guarantee/warranty?

Daniel Armstrong
    yes exactly, you can take it to any authorised dealer"

As I said, I found this very reassuring. I have to say, Chronext have been brilliant thus far.

I do not believe this is 100% correct. Only the AD where watch is sold as well as the large Rolex service centres are obliged to service watches under guarantee. Some AD's might chose to do it if they aren't busy or simply kind, but some will also have you pay for insured shipping to/from the nearest Rolex service centre.

Craftsman
    Oh no, I've found a contender on they have up for sale. Condition is described as AA. I can't email a question via the iPad for some reason so I'll give them a call on Monday.

Has anyone bought an AA described watch from them? How would you rate the condition?
    Also other than the xmas code is there an actual % based discount code available?

Mark

I'm about to place an order with them. Interesting to see that the ETA Tudor BB are significantly more expensive than the in house. The latest BBB on bracelet, using the voucher code, is about £300 less than Iconic which is pretty impressive.

Craftsman
    Would be great if someone could let me know the voucher code too!

I was looking at one of their listings on Friday morning, so I clicked on the part exchange option and entered the details of my watch and sent it off. Got the usual immediate message about someone will get back to you shortly. Not a word since. When I did something similar with Watchfinder earlier in the year I got a phone call within 10 minutes. My first impression of Chronext is sadly not good.

Does anyone know the discount code, I spoke with someone at the store today and he was able to apply £170 discount on a watch i was interested in however would not reveal the code, plus wanted 30% deposit up front.

Is this the norm?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    Oh no, I've found a contender on they have up for sale. Condition is described as AA. I can't email a question via the iPad for some reason so I'll give them a call on Monday.

Has anyone bought an AA described watch from them? How would you rate the condition?
    Also other than the xmas code is there an actual % based discount code available?

Mark
    I saw this Omega rated as AA and judging by the picture below it looks like it has quite a few marks on the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post

Mark
    I'm going there tomorrow afternoon to pick up a watch. If it's in store I can look at it for you?

Steve

Craftsman
    Dropped by the shop yesterday and just wanted to say that I thought the staff there were great. Genuinely interested in watches and happy for you to try some of the pieces on. Had a fun chat about watches and what I might try and pick-up next.

I haven't bought anything from them but wouldn't hesitate to given the experience I had yesterday.

Craftsman
    An interesting read. I've been considering ordering a Speedy Pro from them due to the preferable prices. Although having said that, I've always had exceptional service from my local Omega boutique.

I'm on my way home after picking up a moonwatch. From start to finish the service has been top-notch and today I found the staff to be exceptional - a friendly and knowledgable bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I'm on my way home after picking up a moonwatch. From start to finish the service has been top-notch and today I found the staff to be exceptional - a friendly and knowledgable bunch.
    I've just agreed a p/x with them for a moonwatch. They're still going to honour the discount code even though it'll be after Christmas when it's all done.

I've ordered my wife's Christmas present from them and a couple of weeks ago they guaranteed Christmas delivery. However, they struggled to source the watch (an omega) until this week so only had it in hand, in Germany, today. However, they have updated me constantly - even ringing me yesterday and today- as I began to get nervous and have upgraded the delivery to express overnight free of change to ensure it gets here tomorrow. Impressive.

Where can i find the forum discount code to try it out?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Where can i find the forum discount code to try it out?
    😂😂 lmao. That's what everyone wants to know. Or at least it seems that way. I placed an order this week and could have saved a fair few quid with it. But alas I couldn't find out.

Craftsman
    I used the Christmas code provided in this thread which saved me £117.

Quote Originally Posted by TT300 View Post
    I used the Christmas code provided in this thread which saved me £117.
    I cannot find it either, hence asking - obviously its a secret!

Craftsman
    I think xmas2016uk may work but only for orders over £1160. Perhaps if two members buy watches on one sale and one sends the others watch on.... both make a saving that way :?

I cannot find it either, hence asking - obviously its a secret!
    Not very secret (post #286) or is there something else better? There was a TZ code but apparently that's expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbarry View Post
    I think xmas2016uk may work but only for orders over £1160. Perhaps if two members buy watches on one sale and one sends the others watch on.... both make a saving that way :?
    The watch I am trying to purchase is £5000, however the code does not seem to work.

I thought it was xmas2016 but may be wrong

Craftsman
    The watch I am trying to purchase is £5000, however the code does not seem to work.
    The one I ordered was just shy of £900 so didn't qualify. It did tell me the code was valid but the watch wasn't enough.

Finally got the code working, picked up a brand new Rolex due on the 28th and a saving on RRP.

I was inputting the wrong code, its GB not UK!!

Finally got the code working, picked up a brand new Rolex due on the 28th and a saving on RRP.

I was inputting the wrong code, its GB not UK!!
    As I said in post #328 ,see post #286.

Reinstatement of the TZ code would see more sales to members on here.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Reinstatement of the TZ code would see more sales to members on here.
    Agreed

Just received my wife's Christmas gift using Chronext. Great service. Gift-wrapped, handwritten note, they even phoned immediately after delivery to check everything was in order. Would deal again.

She'd better like it!

Popped in today to pick up my Black Bay Bronze and had top service once again from Alex and the team. Highly recommend them (it's my 3rd watch from them and they've been great every time).

Was very nice to have a watch chat with some fellow watch geeks

Alex did give me a special code for TZ members. I'll post it over in SC.

Steve

Journeyman
    Christmas bonus came in so I just pulled the trigger on a Speedmaster Pro with them. Excitement levels are high!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Popped in today to pick up my Black Bay Bronze and had top service once again from Alex and the team. Highly recommend them (it's my 3rd watch from them and they've been great every time).

Was very nice to have a watch chat with some fellow watch geeks

Alex did give me a special code for TZ members. I'll post it over in SC.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Your inbox is full my good man. Good to hear more positive experiences about chronext. I'm looking forward to buying something from them in the new year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer2016 View Post
    Christmas bonus came in so I just pulled the trigger on a Speedmaster Pro with them. Excitement levels are high!
    Looking forward to seeing that bad boy - wear in good health!

Master
    Good stuff. I think the speedie is a candidate for the best watch oh in the market, given the price.it is just a delight to wear .

Cracking watch and a great choice!

Journeyman
    Has anyone tried their commission sale? I'd love to hear how it went

Apprentice
    Tempted to pull the trigger on a Tag Carrera Calibre 5, with code I'd get £200 off....

Has anyone ever returned a watch to chronext? They say they accept returns on unworn watches. I'd be buying the breitling I want unseen. Have tried it on in the high street with a bracelet but only chronrxt seem to sell it on rubber as I want it. High street store wouldn't swap to rubber for me to try.

Master
    I returned a watch to them recently. They had sent the wrong one. No problem with returning it but getting the refund was a pain. I had to chase and chase for it and it took two weeks to "process" and finally was back in my account around five weeks after making payment.

Shame to hear returns are an issue. Many companies are good at taking money but less good at refunds. Hopefully yours was an isolated case as the thought of chasing for a possible two grand refund is worrying.

Anyone else have good or bad experiences of chronext refunds

Journeyman
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Chronext are doing a Boxing Day deal of 'up to' 25% off stock that's in store. Granted they don't hold much stock but thought this may be useful to anyone braving the sales in London tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Tempted to pull the trigger on a Tag Carrera Calibre 5, with code I'd get £200 off....
    Why are people trying to shoot their watches?
    That'll ruin the Crystal....

Quote Originally Posted by Danishman View Post
    I do not believe this is 100% correct. Only the AD where watch is sold as well as the large Rolex service centres are obliged to service watches under guarantee. Some AD's might chose to do it if they aren't busy or simply kind, but some will also have you pay for insured shipping to/from the nearest Rolex service centre.
    And that is what my nearest AD wanted, £30/50 to send a month old OP to an RSC, purchased from Blowers unworn with warranty card, for calibration.. Blowers stepped back in and sorted for no extra £s from me!! ADS are worried about their dealership agreement it seems....

Xmas2016gb code no longer works ☹️