closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parkinson's and Medical Marijuana

Banned
    Blog Entries

Parkinson's and Medical Marijuana

I just watched this video, and although I knew medical Marijuana gave sufferers some relief, I didn't realize it was this effective, this video was just amazing, we need to get this legalized.

Last edited by soundood; 24th December 2016 at 16:17.

The main difficulty for people with this, MS and chronic muscular skeletal disorders that self medicate (due to the illegality) is getting hold of good quality supplies and getting the dosage right.

For example, hypothetically speaking, had I attempted about 20 years ago to treat some of the symptoms of my emerging osteoarthritis with a small daily dose taken orally (mixed with yoghurt) I might have found it difficult to have got the dose right and ended somewhat stoned at times. Some folk might like this of course but I (had this not been a hypothetical situation) would not.

I agree, it should be legalised for medical use.

I would still have some concern about its affect on brain chemistry if used long term - having worked within the mental health system and seen first hand how it can adversely effect people - especially young people. This is why I think it should only be used under medical supervision.

Just my 2p's worth.

Wow! That's amazing.

I have always thought, surely the legalisation would initiate manufacture, quality control and tax, as a new income stream for the government?

Most importantly the increase in quality of life for sufferers?
    Last edited by Olic; 24th December 2016 at 16:58.

Medicines based on the active ingredients in cannabis are being developed. The British company GW Pharma https://www.gwpharm.com/ is a world leader in this field.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post

I would still have some concern about its affect on brain chemistry if used long term - having worked within the mental health system and seen first hand how it can adversely effect people - especially young people. This is why I think it should only be used under medical supervision.

Just my 2p's worth.

indeed, but like with many drugs long and short term side affects are outweighed by the potential benefits, this is surely one of those drugs.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    indeed, but like with many drugs long and short term side affects are outweighed by the potential benefits, this is surely one of those drugs.
    In continental EU there is no problem for personal use.
    For medicinal purposes even in ultra conventional Spain the local medical centre in a mountain village will write a recipe out for Alzheimer of stress.
    So just get off the island and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    Absolutely

Master
    What an astonishing improvement. It's shocking that treatment can't be dished out by prescription. They give methadone to junkies, all this guy wants to do is be able to sit up straight or control his hands. On what basis does a civilised society keep this kind of relief from sufferers?

Thanks for posting that dood. Remarkably effective.

Journeyman
    A very good documentary series on the benefits/ negatives and various uses, is on now TV, it's called Weediquet and is somewhat enlightening.

There is currently only one legally prescribed cannabis based drug available in the uk, at a cost of around £7000 per treatment as far as I know.

Blog Entries
    Here's a link (in English) to the official Dutch government site regarding medical use of marijuana:https://www.cannabisbureau.nl/English for all details.

A few years back I bought a classic car from a person with Parkinson's. He'd stopped the restoration of his Volvo. When I entered his house (the car was in his garage next to the house, it smelled like rock concert... He rolled them into tobacco at smoked it. It certainly helped him to cope with Parkinson's and lead a more or less stressless life. Using spanners had become impossible, though.

As said above, marijuana in general is easily available here on the Continent, especially in The Netherlands (see the pre mentioned site) so a lot of people suffering Parkinson's, cancer and even gilles de la tourette's benefit from this. This so called 'medi-wiet' (medical weed) is available in every drugstore - when using the correct rules. For UK members here: the Dutch branch of Bootz sells it(!)

Most users make tea, since smoking is bad. Others use a special atomizer to inhale. And you can even buy it in liquid for, as sort of 'oil' (don't know another English word for it)

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 24th December 2016 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulliner86 View Post
    There is currently only one legally prescribed cannabis based drug available in the uk, at a cost of around £7000 per treatment as far as I know.
    I believe that was used by Paul (aka MrCrowley), a former member here.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    It is certainly expensive! Here in Holland you have to consider about 3000 euros/year. Cheaper options are possible, But I am not certain that it is within the law.

Brilliant. I like the bit where he says "Do you guys eat lunch" ? Clearly, he immediately has "the munchies"
    Did they cut the bit where he says " Get some Pink Floyd on now, brother"

Master
    Blog Entries
    An interesting post. I'm sure the major impediment to the wider, legal availability of medical marijuana is political and that's a tradegy

ATB

Jon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Medicines based on the active ingredients in cannabis are being developed. The British company GW Pharma https://www.gwpharm.com/ is a world leader in this field.
    Pfft. People have been making cannabis tincture since long before GW came around. They're only a leader because no one else can get a license.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Pfft. People have been making cannabis tincture since long before GW came around. They're only a leader because no one else can get a license.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    An interesting post. I'm sure the major impediment to the wider, legal availability of medical marijuana is political and that's a tradegy

ATB

Jon
    ...and about money.
    At high prices it is legal even in the UK!
    Note that I am nor writing 'cost'.