closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New Seiko Turtle PADI "Pepsi"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    I'm working and on my mobile, code doesn't seem to appear on the mobile site. Anyone tell me what it is please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SKO20

Thanks for that
    Last edited by Kiki Picasso; 23rd January 2017 at 00:34.

Master
    It will bring it down to a cool £280.

Asked the wife she said no, we need a dishwasher more than I need a 10th watch.

Can't see the logic myself.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I thought I had better take advantage of that price while it is still active. I am going to wait and see what happens with the Amazon order, if it comes through it will be a modding platform.

Showing 10% discount now but the SKO20 code still worked for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    It will bring it down to a cool £280.

Asked the wife she said no, we need a dishwasher more than I need a 10th watch.

Can't see the logic myself.

That's outrageous.
    Can you get her to some counselling?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I thought I had better take advantage of that price while it is still active. I am going to wait and see what happens with the Amazon order, if it comes through it will be a modding platform.

Showing 10% discount now but the SKO20 code still worked for me.
    I'm on my work's computer, and just tried to order ... but SKO20 doesn't seem to work :_(
    £280 is a crackin' price.
    I was wondering, has anybody else has managed to use this code today (Tuesday 24th) and got it to work?

-mykk-

P.S. ohh, and if somebody can recommend where's the best place to get the Batman, I'd much appreciate it ... and be double-skint. :)) I've tried holding out ... but I'm beginning to buckle.

Got mine from Jura today. Nice quick delivery. Straight onto a Nato

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mykk View Post
    I'm on my work's computer, and just tried to order ... but SKO20 doesn't seem to work :_(
    I was wondering, has anybody else has managed to use this code today (Tuesday 24th) and got it to work?

-mykk-

P.S. ohh, and if somebody can recommend where's the best place to get the Batman, I'd much appreciate it ... and be double-skint. :)) I've tried holding out ... but I'm beginning to buckle.
    I'm after a batman too, prices seem to vary but unsure where to get it from.

-mykk-

Didn't work for me. Looks like a 10% code replaced it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    My wife got me a turtle padi for Christmas.(not from jura)
    Its got the misaligned chapter ring.

The thing is the misalignment doesn't bother me at all, and that's whats bothering me!

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    My wife got me a turtle padi for Christmas.(not from jura)
    Its got the misaligned chapter ring.

The thing is the misalignment doesn't bother me at all, and that's whats bothering me!
    I have a brand new one in it's box, it's slightly misaligned. Seiko UK said to send it in, but I'm not sure whether to just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    I have a brand new one in it's box, it's slightly misaligned. Seiko UK said to send it in, but I'm not sure whether to just live with it.

I can't see any misalignment. What am I missing?

Mine arrived today from Jura. I'm really pleased with it and really glad to have finally got one.

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I can't see any misalignment. What am I missing?
    Look at the red marker in relation to the 12 o'clock marker.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 5avvy View Post
    Mine arrived today from Jura. I'm really pleased with it and really glad to have finally got one.

Whoa-ho ... sure is a good looker, isn't it?! :)

I may just have to give up, and pull the trigger on Jura, albeit with their 10% offer (which appears to have been there for a month, maybe more). The thing is, getting the Padi for two-hundred-and-something does, psychologically, feel so much better than three-hundred-and-something pounds. That said, Yorkshire watches have the 'Made in Japan' version ... which is very appealing ... but at 100 quid more, I'm not sure I can afford/justify it (especially if I'm gonna try and bag a Batman soon .... soooooooooooo desperate for a Batman!)

-mykk-

Whoa-ho ... sure is a good looker, isn't it?! :)

I may just have to give up, and pull the trigger on Jura, albeit with their 10% offer (which appears to have been there for a month, maybe more). The thing is, getting the Padi for two-hundred-and-something does, psychologically, feel so much better than three-hundred-and-something pounds. That said, Yorkshire watches have the 'Made in Japan' version ... which is very appealing ... but at 100 quid more, I'm not sure I can afford/justify it (especially if I'm gonna try and bag a Batman soon .... soooooooooooo desperate for a Batman!)

-mykk-
    Despite my poor photo, yes it is a good looking watch. What I love about this hobby is that a £300 watch can create such a buzz and I'm really chuffed to have got one.

I'd recommend you bag one from Jura rather than pay more for a made in Japan version though.

....yes it is a good looking watch. What I love about this hobby is that a £300 watch can create such a buzz and I'm really chuffed to have got one.
    It's a looker alright. I took this pic today as I was about to list it for sale..... tonight... I'm undecided!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    It's a looker alright. I took this pic today as I was about to list it for sale..... tonight... I'm undecided!!

That's a great photo!

Craftsman
    Collected mine from the Post Office today. I am impressed with Jura so far, with quick dispatch and great packaging. Looking forward to the Samurai notification now!

Inspired by learningtofly picture earlier in the thread, got my new Nato today

Looks great. Where's that NATO from please?

Looks great. Where's that NATO from please?
    Thanks, picked it up from Amazon UK

Craftsman
    Another 'update' email from amazon today. Still looking for stock.

I get the impression they would rather just have people cancel the orders so they can give up but I'm leaving mine open.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Another 'update' email from amazon today. Still looking for stock.

I get the impression they would rather just have people cancel the orders so they can give up but I'm leaving mine open.

Same here. I am leaving my order in just in case they eventually come good. As was said previously in the thread, it isn't costing anything to leave it open.

I have a similar situation with a Citizen BN0151 which is also on order - the expected stock date keeps getting bumped further back every week or so.

£314 from Ernest Jones using discount code treat10 today. Showing as in stock for anyone that wants one quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    There seems to be an abundance of Padi's getting moved on at the moment. What's the driver for this I wonder?

Is it the fact Seiko are plastering the Logo everywhere, out of love for the blue dial, bored with the turtle shape or is it the 62MAS hype!

There seems to be an abundance of Padi's getting moved on at the moment. What's the driver for this I wonder?

Is it the fact Seiko are plastering the Logo everywhere, out of love for the blue dial, bored with the turtle shape or is it the 62MAS hype!
    I just had two SRP Turtles and decided one was enough so kept my favourite.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in other news, Seiko have raised prices in the UK. PADI Turtle is now £379.99 at AD's

New Seiko Turtle PADI "Pepsi"

I'm moving mine because the blue SUN017 has ticked my "sports" and "gmt" requirement and I'm simply I'm after a dressier piece like a SARB035 to compliment it. I prefer the SUN017 over the PADI and that's really it.

If it doesn't sell, I'll happily keep it and just save up. The blue dial on the PADI is really nice and the Turtle shape makes it much more comfortable despite its size. I also think the red on blue looks nicer than the Blue Lagoon one. The wind is so smooth, I had to hold it to my ear to hear it and taking links out was fine when care was taken.

Perhaps some went for it simply to try to turn a profit, before PADI got splashed everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by messym; 8th February 2017 at 19:55.

Journeyman
    Love it!

Craftsman
    The PADI is £349 at H Samuel. There is a 15% discount available online bringing the cost down to £296.65. If you subscribe to quidco - and if it tracks (mine did), you can get a further £12.36 cash back, bringing the total cost to £284.29. Not bad, even without quidco....

Craftsman
    ...I should add that they are still currently in stock and you will get a £25 off your next £75 order in your inbox once you have completed your purchase. I don't need mine so feel free to pm me if you want it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    The PADI is £349 at H Samuel. There is a 15% discount available online bringing the cost down to £296.65. If you subscribe to quidco - and if it tracks (mine did), you can get a further £12.36 cash back, bringing the total cost to £284.29. Not bad, even without quidco....
    Cheers for the heads up buddy. Just ordered and it came to £296.65 as you said.

I went through topcashback which gives 10% for online purchases, not holding my breath though.

Never spent more than £200 on a watch, this is the expensive one for me!

Question, what do I need to look for when I receive the watch? I know about bezel alignment and check for any scratches etc. What else should I be looking for?

Finally, a strap combo I am happy with

image hosting no sign up

Amazon now have these in stock with Prime next day delivery for £279! Seems like a good deal to me

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HD7Y6...I2F9EEUIUS9DWL

Craftsman

Received my PADI yesterday. Good looking watch. Heft and build quality are excellent at this price point IMHO. Bracelet is nice, but swapped it for a navy Zulu.

Sent from my SM-N910F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Amazon now have these in stock with Prime next day delivery for £279! Seems like a good deal to me

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HD7Y6...I2F9EEUIUS9DWL
    Is the superior "made in Japan" version according to Yorkshire Watches really worth nearly £200 more? They are one of the 4 other buying options on the link above.

I wouldn't have thought so. It's been discussed on here before but there doesn't seem to be any difference in quality between K & J versions generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Is the superior "made in Japan" version according to Yorkshire Watches really worth nearly £200 more? They are one of the 4 other buying options on the link above.
    I guess collectors might be prepared to pay the premium for a 'limited edition'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    How can someone know of their watch was made in Japan or not?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    How can someone know of their watch was made in Japan or not?

I think it depends on the day/date wheel, if it has Arabic it may be Japan version if it has French it's not.

I think you can tell that way but.im not 100% sure

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    I think it depends on the day/date wheel, if it has Arabic it may be Japan version if it has French it's not.

I think you can tell that way but.im not 100% sure

I saw one that had made in Japan on the dial.. so I think it might be something as simple as this..

Whats going on with the Amazon ones?

I've had one on order since early November.

They seem to have come back into stock and are now sold out again, and no word on mine arriving........

What a sham.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Whats going on with the Amazon ones?

I've had one on order since early November.

They seem to have come back into stock and are now sold out again, and no word on mine arriving........

What a sham.....
    Thats because it was not Amazon stock. It was fulfilled by Amazon on behalf of that vendor. This means Amazon hold their stock in Amazon warehouses and distribute it for them.

They may have gone overboard with all the Padi versions but I really enjoy this one (and the Tuna),

One here for a quick TZer. £279 with Prime delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROSPEX-Div...AZ07MEM0R72K2X

Craftsman
    Has anyone heard any stories of fakes of the PADI?

I'm working overseas at present and have found one in a shop in a mall for around £210. It all looks OK but the price is so low it has me concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Has anyone heard any stories of fakes of the PADI?

I'm working overseas at present and have found one in a shop in a mall for around £210. It all looks OK but the price is so low it has me concerned.
    A good way to check is to have a look to see whether the chapter ring has been lined up and fitted properly.
    If it has, there's a good chance it's dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    A good way to check is to have a look to see whether the chapter ring has been lined up and fitted properly. If it has, there's a good chance it's dodgy.
    I LOL-ed.