closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith el primero 36,000 vph chrono discount ?

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Zenith el primero 36,000 vph chrono discount ?

Anyone point me in the direction of a dealer willing to offer a decent discount on a Zenith el primero 36,000 beats Chrono like this
    https://www.olfert-co.de/Zenith-El-P...2040400-69C494
    Picture from web

I was offered 17.5 % off yesterday from a retail of 5100 GBP's , anyone know of a better deal or the source of a decent secondhand one ?

Cheers
    Bryan

Master
    Hi dietcokeman, I have been looking at this watch as well for the past couple of weeks. I am sure that you have looked but the cheapest I can find (from a UK source) is here: http://www.chrono24.co.uk/zenith/el-...-id4628595.htm at a bit over £4k. I do not know Cheshire Watches at all I might add. This model seems pretty rare secondhand. I do not have access to SC here but have put a WTB out on another forum with no success.

Good luck in your searches and please do update the tread if you manage to get a good deal.

Gary
    Last edited by gc52; 27th January 2017 at 09:18.

I've been on the look out for this one, you used to find some in the sales in London in January but I haven't seen many with significant discounts. With such poor resale on Zenith watches I would want more than 17.5%.

Master
    For some reason, Zenith retail prices in the U.K. Seem lower than elsewhere . For instance my Chrono Classic retails at £520O; in the USA , about £6800, without tax. And about six thousand pounds in the EU. As discounts are probably similar, that looks like a fair deal here in the UK.
    I would say that the lower U.K. Prices are realistic. They are lovely watches, and the El Primero movement is a classic. But they do not quite manage the build quality of Rolex or Grand Seiko. Not to my eyes anyway.
    Still, I like Zenith and am glad they seem to be producing some interesting stuff .

The 45mm version is a ridiculous $3995 (less than £3200) at Jomashop right now: http://www.jomashop.com/zenith-watch...0-69-c713.html

42mm will set you back another $500 though: http://www.jomashop.com/zenith-watch...0-69-c494.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    For some reason, Zenith retail prices in the U.K. Seem lower than elsewhere
    I think this is right. The £5100 EP is about £5900 in Europe, or at least last time I looked. Certainly more than current exchange rate differences. I picked up the 38mm one in a sale last year for 4K which was a bit cheaper than the best gray price. SC they seem to fetch about 3-3.5K used. I'd say if you can get more than 20% of the UK list you have done a decent job.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Hi dietcokeman, I have been looking at this watch as well for the past couple of weeks. I am sure that you have looked but the cheapest I can find (from a UK source) is here: http://www.chrono24.co.uk/zenith/el-...-id4628595.htm at a bit over £4k. I do not know Cheshire Watches at all I might add. This model seems pretty rare secondhand. I do not have access to SC here but have put a WTB out on another forum with no success.

Good luck in your searches and please do update the tread if you manage to get a good deal.

Gary
    I'd also like to know if anyone has dealt with Cheshire watches?

This is confusing, then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This is confusing, then.
    yup - when I spoke to Iconic last summer they couldn't match a UK AD because they were discounting from the EU price.

https://www.thewatchgallery.com/zeni...0-69-c713.html - UK RRP here

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/zenit...0-69-c494.html - iconic suggesting RRP higher here...

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    yup - when I spoke to Iconic last summer they couldn't match a UK AD because they were discounting from the EU price.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/zenit...0-69-c494.html - iconic suggesting RRP higher here...
    Thank you - definitely worth knowing!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post

I think the Watchgallery link takes you to the 45mm watch and the Iconic link to the 42mm. That said, the 42mm is also GBP5100 at The Watchgallery: https://www.thewatchgallery.com/zenith-el-primo-silver-automatic-mens-watch-03-2040-40069-c494.html#[object Object]
    Last edited by gc52; 27th January 2017 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I've been on the look out for this one, you used to find some in the sales in London in January but I haven't seen many with significant discounts. With such poor resale on Zenith watches I would want more than 17.5%.

That discount is not enough for sure

What about the outlet store in Bicester Village, Bryan?

Apprentice
    Was there yesterday, no longer selling them only Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    they do not quite manage the build quality of Rolex or Grand Seiko
    You`re having a laugh!!
    The finishing and detail on a Zenith is exemplary and make R***x look very ordinary (which they are).
    I can`t understand why Zenith aren`t held in higher regard on here..

Quote Originally Posted by horrible jon View Post
    Good info, thanks.

Try Charles Fish (https://www.charlesfish.co.uk). I used to know the manager, Scott Donovan, who was a really nice guy and able (at the time) to give discounts on Zenith. I think Scott is the area manager now but it would be worth trying the store to see if a discount is possible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I'd also like to know if anyone has dealt with Cheshire watches?
    If its the same as The Cheshire Watch Co. then they're excellent.
    Sold an SDc to them in exchange for a mint Kermit-good guys.

Master
    Yep already tried them as they are just down the road from me now

Quote Originally Posted by horrible jon View Post
    There was a thread about this some weeks ago, but I did check also last week . Gone at the beginning of the year, apparently, no outlets are doing Zenith now .

I was in contact with the dealer today whome I visited yesterday and they have made it clear that they are happy to offer me the watch for 4K but that is it, nothing past that . I think that I will sleep on it but will probably go for it. They also offered me a 30 day trial period at that price, as long as it's returned as it's sold, then they will fully refund the purchase price.
    Last edited by BryanEbru1512; 27th January 2017 at 21:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokeman View Post

There was a thread about this some weeks ago, but I did check also last week . Gone at the beginning of the year, apparently, no outlets are doing Zenith now .

I was in contact with the dealer today whome I visited yesterday and they have made it clear that they are happy to offer me the watch for 4K but that is it, nothing past that . I think that I will sleep on it but will probably go for it. They also offered me a 30 day trial period at that price, as long as it's returned as it's sold, then they will fully refund the purchase price.
    Do it. I doubt you'll get better for a new watch outside of a dealer giving up the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post

What model is that?

Master
    I think £4k is a good price and at that level you would not lose too much if you flipped it. Having said that, I have this model and have occasionally though of selling it because it wears quite large for a 42mm. Have you tried it yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I think £4k is a good price and at that level you would not lose too much if you flipped it. Having said that, I have this model and have occasionally though of selling it because it wears quite large for a 42mm. Have you tried it yet?
    Yes extensively , lovely size for me, if anything I'd say on the thin side for what I normally go for but a lovely detailed dial and I guess it's a signature Zenith for me with the movement and the tri colour sub dials .

Master

Hi dietcokeman

£4K sounds like a great deal. I would buy at that myself but have now got a couple of watches coming in next week which are going to leave me slightly short. That said, I could be back in the market in a few weeks. Is it cheeky to ask you to PM me the name of the AD who is offering this deal ? I fully understand if you do not want to disclose for whatever reason.

Best wishes

Gary

Journeyman

I've got 2

A silver faced dial which you don't really see so I think it's possibly better than the traditional tri colour model I also have , however I have to cut the collection so I'm going to sell at least one of them as they aren't being worn , having said that it'll be hard to part with them as I think they are stunning