closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help request, Zenith Futur

Blog Entries

Help request, Zenith Futur

Gents,

As is typical, I decided to put my incredibly rare Zenith Futur on this morning and it was working fine but i have just noticed that it's died. I suspect it's a battery replacement job but, I really don't know.

I thought I would ask this beloved community for some idea's on who/ where I could send this as an alternative to Zenith. I know the watch is rare and potentially difficult to repair, but it would be nice to get someone trustworthy to breath the life back into this piece of 70's cool.

From what I can glean on t'web, ( http://www.crazywatches.pl/zenith-fu...uartz-led-1975 ) the watch uses the same Zenith 532 movement as the standard, Zenith Time Command. However, the display section is separated from the main dial/ movement. My watch has no issues with the display, it's super bright and all of the cells display as expected. It's also in near NOS condition so the work I need is solely in the movement and battery area.

Can anyone put their virtual hand in the air and help, or am i resigned to sending it over to the bods at Zenith ?

Master
    I’m sure keitht could offer advice. Certainly it must be worth a battery change even though the LEDs are working, in case there is one cell for the LEDs and one for the rest of the watch, although it does look as if they are connected in series. I ended up sending mine back to Zenith - who were excellent throughout - and it came back with a new movement:

Blog Entries
    Thanks Si,

Can I ask when you sent your Futur, back to Zenith?

Master
    It was quite some time ago, maybe 6 years or so (and I have since sold the watch I’m afraid). After contacting LMVH here, I recall that I sent the watch to Le Locle directly.

Why not open it and change the batteries yourself first?

Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap View Post
    I can't help your problem, but I just wanted to say that's an awesome watch.

Where can I find more watches like this? - 70/80s 'future-tech' watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I can't help your problem, but I just wanted to say that's an awesome watch.

Where can I find more watches like this? - 70/80s 'future-tech' watches.
    Try Graham Wilson's site, tell him I said hi.

http://www.70s-watches.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Try Graham Wilson's site, tell him I said hi.

http://www.70s-watches.com/index.html
    That website looks like it was built in the 70s :p

but seriously, thank you! - that's exactly the information I was looking for.

Craftsman
    There are times when I wish I had not joined this site. I now am pouring through fleabay for 1970's/80 retro LCD watches. My wife will go mental!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_esearch View Post
    There are times when I wish I had not joined this site. I now am pouring through fleabay for 1970's/80 retro LCD watches. My wife will go mental!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    If its LCD, I've got a full Omega Speedmaster LCD ?