closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Outgoing / Sayonara / Farewell

Outgoing / Sayonara / Farewell

We usually celebrate the incomings, for good reason, but this thread is about a respectful farewell. I rarely sell on this forum, but I bid these sayonara in 2015 in an ( obviously doomed ) attempt to rationalise.

SKX007 ... I have 2 others remaining in the collection so I sold on another two "spare" ones and gave one more to a friend . Such a great watch:

PRS-5:

Junghans Mega 1000:

Seiko pocket watch:

Seiko 5 I had plans for, but never used:

Seiko chrono I never used:

Issued CWC G10:

(photo credit: Anchor Supplies, from where I originally bought mine)

Sinn 556 Isetan:

Sayonara to all of them. May they pass into their next life ownership in peace.

Paul
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 21st December 2015 at 08:59.

Wish I'd known about that PRS-5; I've been lusting after that one for a while.

I'm a hoarder but this month I sold a watch for the first time, also an SKX007, and only because a colleague took a real shine to it.

Adiós SKX007.

Quote Originally Posted by TakesALickin View Post
    Wish I'd known about that PRS-5; I've been lusting after that one for a while.
    Sorry, I know they are popular but selling internationally is a pain for me and ( sometimes ) the buyer too, for various non watch-related reasons.

OK, you didn't want to keep the Seiko 5 and the chronograph, but suffocating them seems a little extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Sorry, I know they are popular but selling internationally is a pain for me and ( sometimes ) the buyer too, for various non watch-related reasons.
    Oh, I understand - I rarely make an exception to sell outside of the US because the restrictions make it so damned costly that you have to mark the watch down to nothing to make it attractive to the buyers.

Some more gone recently, about a dozen in the last fortnight alone. Hence sayonara to...

Seiko Tuna

Hermes Espace
    [/url]

Sinn 556

Orient Sapphire

Grand Seiko Auto

Grand Seiko Quartz

Citizen

'99 Frog

Casio

Oris

Casio MTG

Protrek

IWC 3227-12

Casio

Landmaster Ohba

Seiko

Grand Seiko Quartz

And two more SKX007s

Some lovely looking pieces there.

These days I tend to simply say au revoir to the ones that I move on - as Ive found some pieces simply make their way back to me at a later date. Its as though we have formed a psychic link.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I've found some pieces simply make their way back to me at a later date. Its as though we have formed a psychic link.
    Indeed. I've given up now on trying to avoid having an SKX or Monster in the box. Every time I sell one of these, they arrive back a little later.

Bonus quiz: one of the above watches, possibly unique in my long and shamefully promiscuous watch history, actually sold at a profit. Any guesses?

I love the idea of this thread. You just can't keep 'em all but it doesn't mean there wasn't joy for a time :-D

All recently gone

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Interesting update. No real idea which one might have gone for a profit though. The Hermčs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I'm a hoarder but this month I sold a watch for the first time, also an SKX007, and only because a colleague took a real shine to it.

Adiós SKX007.
    And guess what? Bought another. And a 009.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    No real idea which one might have gone for a profit though. The Hermčs?
    Fair guess but it was actually the humble Citizen. Most likely because I bought it at a good price. I sold it at the same shop, and they gave me more than double my purchase price for it. A decent return in 11 months. The others I sold more than offset this minor windfall, of course.

Good luck with the SKX second time around.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    All recently gone

Toying with one of these of late.

My reticence with micro brands tends to be their variable quality, but reviews seem positive for Autodromo.

What are your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by delays View Post
    Toying with one of these of late.

My reticence with micro brands tends to be their variable quality, but reviews seem positive for Autodromo.

What are your experiences?
    Quality of the autodromo was superb. Only reason I sold is that I wanted the white face version, and despite getting the black face version very cheap, it wasn't getting worn. I'll be getting a group B at some point.

Have been thinking about this since I read the thread title so maybe it will ring in your head for a few days too:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=fUDqcnSuKWc
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Gone and not forgotten. Loved this one but it went to a good home and with good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That casio looks good

Can't believe you sold the Landmaster!

Blimey that was an eye opener

A lot of discipline to sell but probably very rewarding in the end. I having recently looked at my collection - far too much, a few will likely go to make room for more. Really need to think about how/what to sell to cleanse the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Can't believe you sold the Landmaster!
    Kept one though

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    [....massive exodus...]
    Quite the rationalisation!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    A lot of discipline to sell but probably very rewarding in the end. I having recently looked at my collection - far too much, a few will likely go to make room for more. Really need to think about how/what to sell to cleanse the box.
    I find it helps, when pondering another one, to recall all the ones that came and went. Do I really want another, likely temporary, watch?

Often YES! But the consideration keeps it moderately under control.

There is little point in having a "horological hareem" if none of them turn you on any more !?
    But don't go back over the same old ground (skx007 etc) thinking it will be better this time - find something truely different to love.