closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea Dweller 16600

Great watches but I prefer to wear mine. Life is too short not to use and enjoy what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Lovely watch but am not sure why you don't wear it.
    I am not sure if 10-20 years from now,it will really fetch that much more money.

Tony,that is lovely. Surprising there is no patina on the T-dial. The strap is a mismatch:-)
    There is Raj, but there's too much reflection to see it; both the plots and hands are a lovely cream colour.

The sailcloth is a perfect strap choice, obviously

Craftsman
    OP - nice, and seriously don't worry about the flak. Think the 40mm SD's are way nicer than the big new one with cyclops and red fonts. IMHO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Great watches but I prefer to wear mine. Life is too short not to use and enjoy what you have.

Beautiful!
    There's a few watches that I don't wear Ally but this is the only one with seals intact and I like it more now than when I did buy it.
    I'm lucky that I can wear others as my daily watches and also enjoy the ones tucked away too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    Beautiful!
    There's a few watches that I don't wear Ally but this is the only one with seals intact and I like it more now than when I did buy it.
    I'm lucky that I can wear others as my daily watches and also enjoy the ones tucked away too.
    It seems you like the idea of owning it more than the experience of wearing it.
    It is not a criticism but I find that perplexing. There are watches that go months without wearing but is not by design in my case. If you have another similar SD, than may be it is understandable. We all do some strange things in this hobby.
    If you are looking at it as an investment, I think you will be disappointed with the appreciation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It seems you like the idea of owning it more than the experience of wearing it.
    It is not a criticism but I find that perplexing. There are watches that go months without wearing but is not by design in my case. If you have another similar SD, than may be it is understandable. We all do some strange things in this hobby.
    If you are looking at it as an investment, I think you will be disappointed with the appreciation.
    On this occasion yes I enjoy owning it and wouldn't start wearing this piece as the seals are intact. I too go many months without looking at or wearing other watches but they get light wear in rotation. I wear an LVC, Daytona and PO as my daily watches so I'm not losing out by keeping this off the wrist.
    As an investment, no it's never going to sky rocket but it's still better than money left in a bank, and I still get personal enjoyment looking at the SD rather than a piece of paper from my bank.

My T<25 says hi to his younger brother

Master
    Lovely watch Tomas, Cant beat a T<25 dial.

Lovely watch Tomas, Cant beat a T<25 dial.

Fantastic watch you got there! My wishful next step.. noone replied my wtb yet.. ;(

Craftsman
    Like every positive post lovely watch. I also have one that's never been worn or had the stickers removed. I managed to get an LV a couple of weeks after purchasing it and so wore that and so it's just been tucked away. I seem to be good at collecting but no good at getting rid of them even though some don't seem to get any wrist time. Like you say though I was lucky enough to get a new Daytona last month and the AD was adamant about removing the stickers even though they knew I had no intention of selling it on. At least that does mean I wear it as intended.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can't beat the 16600 in terms of a rugged sports watch. This T-dial arrived a couple of days ago and I'm delighted with it.

Glad you found one Tony

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by t955daytona View Post
    Like every positive post lovely watch. I also have one that's never been worn or had the stickers removed. I managed to get an LV a couple of weeks after purchasing it and so wore that and so it's just been tucked away. I seem to be good at collecting but no good at getting rid of them even though some don't seem to get any wrist time. Like you say though I was lucky enough to get a new Daytona last month and the AD was adamant about removing the stickers even though they knew I had no intention of selling it on. At least that does mean I wear it as intended.
    There's something about the LVs, from the moment they were released I had to have one! Beautiful watches that have rocketed in both desirability and price.
    Its good that you also have a stickered up SD, soon you won't be able to buy anything from an AD with everything intact.
    Stickers and guarantee cards already being held, next it will be hang tags....

Master
    Can't beat the 16600 in terms of a rugged sports watch. This T-dial arrived a couple of days ago and I'm delighted with it.

That's a lovely watch Tony, what strap have you bought for it? I like the weave on it.

That's a lovely watch Tony, what strap have you bought for it? I like the weave on it.
    Thanks - it's a Brady sailcloth. I've got a Rubber B due tomorrow, though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Glad you found one Tony

Martyn
    Great watch Tony!
    Looks mint.

M

Craftsman
    Thanks Andy, Yes it very nearly put me off posting anything else.
    How could I sell it here anyway?

Stealth sale AND profiteering....!!
    I'd be a Public enemy No. 1

Bought my son one for his 21st. Birthday , 11 years ago now.

Paid the rrp of £2440 less 10 % discount from well known Rolex dealer in Newcastle.

Imagine that now ? , neither can I .

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Great watch Tony!
    Looks mint.

M
    Cheers - it is, and was RSC serviced last year. Running at +1 SPD!

I bought my D serial 16600 brand new from a Rolex agent in May 2011. They had it at the back of their safe

The stickers came off on my receipt of the watch and it now has scratches and gorge marks all over. Just lovely. I periodically switch to rubber B

Enjoy the watch. It's a great watch.

Apprentice
    Thanks - it's a Brady sailcloth. I've got a Rubber B due tomorrow, though.
    Hi Tony, did you fit the Rubber B and may i ask where you purchased from?

Thanks

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by horrible jon View Post
    Hi Tony, did you fit the Rubber B and may i ask where you purchased from?

Thanks

Jon
    Long story, Jon, but having tried it I'm not going to keep it. If you're after one drop me a PM.

Dare not post a picture of mine, being as it just has Swiss on the bottom of the dial, I'll be accused of trying to sell it. She's a keeper till I'm offered £25K :-P

Apprentice
    Long story, Jon, but having tried it I'm not going to keep it. If you're after one drop me a PM.
    PM sent

Master
    Blog Entries
    OMG what a silly twist this post got.
    Could I ask you guys who moan if you pay your taxes without complaining?