closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seadweller 126600 on watchfinder!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I heard from a dealer they expect one a month, could be BS though but they were happy to take my name if I wanted one so I don't see this being another Daytona.
    My AD said something similar (one every 4-6 weeks) and they have no reason to lie as I'm no longer waiting on one.

Craftsman
    Carr watches has one in now too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Couple of guys on Pistonheads boasting about flipping values for the 126600. If you're gonna do it, just get on and don't announce it to the world!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Couple of guys on Pistonheads boasting about flipping values for the 126600. If you're gonna do it, just get on and don't announce it to the world!
    How much?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

eBay auction no doubt getting jacked up http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-Rolex-S...ATCHING_ACTIVE

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Hope I win the £67mil on euro millions

Mozza

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    eBay auction no doubt getting jacked up http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-Rolex-S...ATCHING_ACTIVE

90% feedback? Beware!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Hit the nail right on the head Haywood. If only all dealers followed you way of thinking. We would not have the stupid ridiculous prices everywhere on the net.

+1

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I have no objections to paying a market price, but pricing a watch £2k over market price is either greedy or exploiting the passing trade because of where you are located.
    You do of course realise that dealers often pay over retail for watches and add a very reasonable / small margin when selling. Perhaps the real bad guys are those who call me just before they pick a watch up to ask what Ill pay for it and if its not a decent premium then they don’t bother!
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    You do of course realise that dealers often pay over retail for watches and add a very reasonable / small margin when selling. Perhaps the real bad guys are those who call me just before they pick a watch up to ask what Ill pay for it and if its not a decent premium then they don’t bother!
    Totally get that, the person making the money is the guy who bought it at RRP from the AD and that if you buy big and sell big the margins are still the same - small. It is just the extremes that we see, I saw a Deep Blue the other week in a window for £10.3k, one assumes the dealer got a good deal when buying it in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I agree. I've flipped a couple of watches but it's not classy to rub it in to those WIS guys who have missed out.

As my wife keeps pointing out I keep more than I flip!

Journeyman
    "Often pay over retail for watches". Really? I think you mean only for hard to come by watches such as the Daytona C and Snoopy etc. I'd be surprised to hear dealers often paying over retail otherwise.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pv406 View Post
    "Often pay over retail for watches". Really? I think you mean only for hard to come by watches such as the Daytona C and Snoopy etc. I'd be surprised to hear dealers often paying over retail otherwise.
    If you need that explaining it means often pay over retail for watches that sell for over retail prices
    RIAC

Journeyman
    If you need that explaining it means often pay over retail for watches that sell for over retail prices
    I see. And can you explain who the 'bad guys' are again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pv406 View Post
    I see. And can you explain who the 'bad guys' are again?
    In all fairness, the bad guys are the speculators who are high on the lists, get the good Watches early at RRP and immediately pass them on for an instant profit - whilst depriving those genuine watch lovers lower down the list who either have to wait forever or pay over the odds to get the same watch.

It is interesting when dealers detail where the original sale took place - an aweful lot of those come from the same group. Speculators or staff cashing in?
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 5th May 2017 at 22:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    There was a post on TRF a while back, and the poster said an AD had told him there would be a lot of these available, right from release.

Could be absolute BS, but all those jumping aboard could get an awful stinging if it's true.
    you
    My AD, who I had no reason to disbelieve, said they'd get 3 a year. No idea how that compares to other SS sports models.

Master
    This feels like Oasis' third album release, so much hype and people/kids buying it and screaming on the news thinking it will be amazing even historic, and it turned out to be below average.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    In all fairness, the bad guys are the speculators who are high on the lists, get the good Watches early at RRP and immediately pass them on for an instant profit - whilst depriving those genuine watch lovers lower down the list who either have to wait forever or pay over the odds to get the same watch.

It is interesting when dealers detail where the original sale took place - an aweful lot of those come from the same group. Speculators or staff cashing in?
    The ADs don't help here as they have "preferred" customers who buy from them regularly. They are always first in the queue so are the first to profit and then because they've bought before and first in the queue for the next one!

It's self perpetuating and seems to be getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The ADs don't help here as they have "preferred" customers who buy from them regularly. They are always first in the queue so are the first to profit and then because they've bought before and first in the queue for the next one!

It's self perpetuating and seems to be getting worse.
    I agree with the above well I am on the list at Preston's which stated you needed to go in to store to be put on list which I did morning of launch at Basel also wanted the sky dweller. So was definitely early on let's see if and when I get the call

I don't understand but everyone was saying the watch will not be popular as it was ruined by the cyclopops but now it's selling above rrp crazy world

Craftsman
    I called my AD to make sure I was still on the Daytona list and enquired about availability of the new SD. He said he had one in which I could go and see but it was sold and he didn't think he'd have another for a few months. Was happy to put me on list but I declined as I've already got the Deep Blue so need for another diver.

I think these will be similar to the BLNR for availability

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    I don't understand but everyone was saying the watch will not be popular as it was ruined by the cyclopops but now it's selling above rrp crazy world
    I do agree it's a crazy world, anything Rolex seems to be, but I guess forums only represent a small proportion of the watch buying public too

Master
    As best I can tell, The only 'answer' is to be a bit philosophical and accept you can't always have what you want (and yes, you might get what you need.)
    They are just watches, life goes on with or without them. And, whisper it, some are a bit ugly, fashionable or not.

everyone was saying the watch will not be popular
    A vocal minority with strong opinions =/= everyone

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    I do agree it's a crazy world, anything Rolex seems to be, but I guess forums only represent a small proportion of the watch buying public too

Just look at the SD4k. Was unpopular until it was discontinued and now they are in demand. Buyers market baffles.

Master
    Lots of 'talking down' going on in my opinion. ...for whatever reason...
    Last edited by 33JS; 6th May 2017 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    This feels like Oasis' third album release, so much hype and people/kids buying it and screaming on the news thinking it will be amazing even historic, and it turned out to be below average.
    Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Watchaddict View Post
    Just look at the SD4k. Was unpopular until it was discontinued and now they are in demand. Buyers market baffles.
    Second that shows you folks thought process

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Really??

Your choice of watches always has me in a delusional sense of comfort!

Then you comment and all becomes so clear.

Master
    What strikes me is how precarious this all is; small changes in market conditions, exchange rates and supply could utterly transform these markets in a matter of weeks. For instance, a minor change in allocation into the UK would quickly remove any excessive demand....or increase it.
    The assumption that prices only go up is classic. No such market can ever exist, it us just a matter of timing.
    Surely best to buy only what you like and want to own. Then you can't lose whatever happens

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    What strikes me is how precarious this all is; small changes in market conditions, exchange rates and supply could utterly transform these markets in a matter of weeks. For instance, a minor change in allocation into the UK would quickly remove any excessive demand....or increase it.
    The assumption that prices only go up is classic. No such market can ever exist, it us just a matter of timing.
    Surely best to buy only what you like and want to own. Then you can't lose whatever happens
    Completely agree, I dont really like the Daytona ceramics personlly, however the SD43, deep blue and BLNR are my type of watch. Ill wait to buy the right one coming along rather than buy in to the hype I think. I heard from one AD that Rolex has told them they can't offer non interest bearing finance options and they cant offer any more than 2years financing on sports watches. May be the AD smoke screening making extra profit from the popularity of rolex and their sports models may be, or may just be rolex restricting sales to keep the brand in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by grchmason View Post
    Your choice of watches always has me in a delusional sense of comfort!

Then you comment and all becomes so clear.
    Clear ? I am confused by your comment:-)