closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: can you actually buy a SS sports Rolex in the uk new.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    www.chronext.co.uk. 'nuff said, really.

SGR
    Arrogant buggers in my experience, who could not deliver in a reasonable (to me) timeframe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever go down a proper ordering route like when buying a new car. In this day and age I can't fathom why you can't go in to a Rolex boutique and order any of their standard watches and get a firm delivery date.
    Ha trying ordering an in demand car, u will be surprised how some cars also have "waiting lists" also. As they say u need to have bought 4 ferraris before they sell u a REAL ferrari etcetc luxury and sought after items are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I've just seen a SS Sub non-date in the window of Fraser Hart in Brent Cross. I'm looking for the Sub Date otherwise I would have snapped it up.

I did go in and ask if they had a Sub Date in but unfortunately not.

Apprentice
    I've seen Sub no date, plenty of GMT 2, explorer 2 and a few more in Scotland over the last few weeks.

I put my name on the list for a BLNR on the 5th of January with 2 shops, I got the call from both of them within a day, less than 4 weeks later.

Master
    There seems to be a lot more non date subs than dates for sale new I wonder if the date versions are a lot more popular with most Rolex buyers hence there being a lot more unsold non dates in dealers Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Arrogant buggers in my experience, who could not deliver in a reasonable (to me) timeframe.
    Hmm, completely the opposite in my experience. Bent over backwards to help with my Lange and at a fabulous price.

Depends on the watch though I would imagine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Hmm, completely the opposite in my experience. Bent over backwards to help with my Lange and at a fabulous price.

Depends on the watch though I would imagine.
    Fair enough. RG Daytona here, but with hindsight my expectations (both price and delivery time) may perhaps have been too optimistic over the Xmas and NY period.

Sub no date in Prestons's Rolex AD in Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    I've just seen a SS Sub non-date in the window of Fraser Hart in Brent Cross. I'm looking for the Sub Date otherwise I would have snapped it up.

I did go in and ask if they had a Sub Date in but unfortunately not.
    I saw this one yesterday too. There is also a Deep Sea Seadweller in their window at the moment priced at £8900 from memory.

Simon

Master

can you actually buy a SS sports Rolex in the uk new.

I saw Sub ND, Hulk, GMT LN and Air King all at tax free prices in WOS Terminal 3 Heathrow. Sub Date had just gone I think.

Gutted as I am after an SD4K!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I saw Sub ND, Hulk, GMT LN and Air King all at tax free prices in WOS Terminal 3 Heathrow. Sub Date had just gone I think.

Only tax free if you're flying outside of the EU. WOS policy on Rolex / Tudor at Heathrow. Well worth a punt on a day trip to Switzerland and risk the green channel ;-)

Journeyman
    I was very surprised to see a SD Deepsea 116660 and a GMT Master II 116710LN in the window at D M Robinson Manchester.
    There were also 2 Milgausses and an Explorer II 216570 (Black dial).

Journeyman

Rare sighting at Heathrow. I would've snapped up the hulk.

Craftsman
    Pretty sure the ADs have had their latest delivery in. Lots of the shops in London have had one or two sports models (as opposed to none) in their windows the last week or so. Not sports models but there are also lots of Milgauss' about in both the blue and black GV configurations

Lunns in Belfast had a SD deepsea in the window the other day, but at the thick end of £9K it's just getting silly imo.

can you actually buy a SS sports Rolex in the uk new.

Quote Originally Posted by crooky13 View Post
    Pretty sure the ADs have had their latest delivery in. Lots of the shops in London have had one or two sports models (as opposed to none) in their windows the last week or so. Not sports models but there are also lots of Milgauss' about in both the blue and black GV configurations
    I struggled hard not buy an Explorer yesterday but I am going to wait until Basel before taking the plunge and upsetting the wife again.
    Last edited by Robbyman; 18th February 2017 at 01:19.

I was helping someone buy a Daytona recently (pre-owned), and in the research, I was told that there are seasonal fluctuations in supply and demand.

Spring, Summer and Autumn - especially in the run-up to Christmas - demand gets hotter and stock moves quickly. But in the dreary months of winter, supply can exceed demand - so a good time for buyers. This obviously doesn't include the posh Ski resorts where business will be brisk in Jan/Feb/March

I saw one of these at the AD in Bournemouth a couple of days ago
    Charles Fox, list price.

Master

WOW

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    WOW

Craftsman
    Those are some seriously good prices! Bet they didn't last long

Master
    Both a white and black face Explorer 2 in the window of Mappin & Webb corner of Bond St and Picadilly

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Both a white and black face Explorer 2 in the window of Mappin & Webb corner of Bond St and Picadilly
    they r available everywhere but thanks.

Journeyman
    This hurts, the amount of times I've passed through there ready to buy, and never seen these subs. Even had family look out for me, ready to buy on behalf.

Blog Entries
    On my way to Basel next month. I imagine they'll be long gone by then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    On my way to Basel next month. I imagine they'll be long gone by then.
    Probably....WOS T5 had nothing Sports Rolex SS last week when I went through.

Master
    Put my name down again for another ceramic daytona, been told a few years, which is fine as I will have recovered by then and something to look forward to.

Not UK but close........Guernsey M&W had Date, Non-Date, GMT and Explorer,s in their window a few days ago.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

The Rolex dealer in the Isle of Man used to have a policy of not keeping a 'waiting list'. All incoming stock went straight in the window display. The manager said it maintained a higher level of interest in their stock and rewarded those who looked in the window regularly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geneve View Post
    The Rolex dealer in the Isle of Man used to have a policy of not keeping a 'waiting list'. All incoming stock went straight in the window display. The manager said it maintained a higher level of interest in their stock and rewarded those who looked in the window regularly.
    That would suit me personally as I stroll past my local AD daily. (Though I note that there is no Rolex dealer on the Isle of Man any more...)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Passed thorugh qatar airport today,they had 2 dssd in stock for $10800 if anyone looking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Though I note that there is no Rolex dealer on the Isle of Man any more...
    That does surprise me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That does surprise me!
    Me too. I go there now and again (for the TT) and the previous post made me think that I don't remember seeing one. So I checked via the Rolex page and their nearest is Belfast and Blackpool!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    WOW
    Crikey!! Buy the lot!!

I have been on the waiting list for a BLNR/Hulk at a local AD for quite some time and finally received a call last week from the salesman informing me he had a sub date in stock if I wanted it

I said thankyou very much for the offer but I will wait for the watch/watches I have waited for

It looks like any SS sports down this way are still hard to get hold of

Master
    Mappin and Webb fenchurch street have a Deepsea and a Milgauss GV in the window of of use to anyone

Master
    Saw a GMT in Harrogate at the weekend, might have been a couple of others but I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Saw a GMT in Harrogate at the weekend, might have been a couple of others but I didn't notice.
    Fattorini's have a Sub C Date and an Exp. 2
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Just picked this hulk up today My AD rummaged in the special loyalty safe for me while I was pondering about ordering a SDR and a blue Skydweller.

Master

Stunner!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    Just picked this hulk up today My AD rummaged in the special loyalty safe for me while I was pondering about ordering a SDR and a blue Skydweller.

Now that's a stunner!!!
    What's the RRP on these at the mo?

Chris

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    What's the RRP on these at the mo?
    £6,600 for the 116610 LV

Haywood

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Lunns in Belfast had a SD deepsea in the window the other day, but at the thick end of £9K it's just getting silly imo.
    Still there yesterday of anyone is interested.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    There seems to be a lot more non date subs than dates for sale new I wonder if the date versions are a lot more popular with most Rolex buyers hence there being a lot more unsold non dates in dealers Windows
    The Date version is probably more popular. However, more likely Rolex produces in batches and it's no date batch time.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    The Date version is probably more popular.
    The salesperson in the last AD I was in recently confidently claimed that 'no one wants the no date submariner'. Mind you, she also said that I 'certainly wouldn't want anything smaller than' the GMTc I was trying on so pinch of salt and all that.

Master
    GMT LN and Explorer 1 at Mappin & Webb Fenchurch St.

Master
    My local AD says he has a policy with the 'key',watches of only taking orders from regular customers. No one else gets on the lists.

In recent AD visits I'm seeing Deepsea Black, Milgauss various, EXP2 back and white and Yachtmasters. I've seen the odd ND sub too.

Seems you have to be lucky to catch the more desireable models, but it is definitely possible. The only bit of advice I'd give is to wait for the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    My local AD says he has a policy with the 'key',watches of only taking orders from regular customers. No one else gets on the lists.
    Yep I've seen/heard this, an AD I was in last week had Sub date LN & LV and BLNR all our back apparently for known regular clients or local buyers.

Local AD to me (Tarratts Leicester) got me a BLNR within 8 weeks of me first walking in there and expressing an interest - no history with them, but did pay a £1k deposit.

Picked it up last Saturday and it's not been off the wrist since!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRS2113 View Post
    Local AD to me (Tarratts Leicester) got me a BLNR within 8 weeks of me first walking in there and expressing an interest - no history with them, but did pay a £1k deposit.

Picked it up last Saturday and it's not been off the wrist since!
    Congratulations.
    BLNR is an incredible watch.