closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Left Vs Right

Left Vs Right

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 15th September 2017 at 03:32.

Master
    You wear it on whatever wrist makes you happier. I couldn't give a hoot about the quality of the wrist shot. I bought the watch for myself to enjoy, not to show off to others :)

And if I were left handed, then I'd be wearing g it on my right wrist anyway, so the issue wouldn't exist :)

Deleted

Master
    Despite being left-handed I always operate cameras with my right hand. In the vast majority of cases there is no other way to do it as the shutter release is almost always on the right hand side of the the lens.

Master
    Wear on the right wrist just for the shot?

Deleted

Deleted

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
    Me, too, downer, but I hold the camera with two hands and release the shutter with my right hand, as that is indeed the side with the shutter release.

I suppose, to minimise wobble effect (sic) I could hold by breath and have a very fast shutter speed.

Thanks for a lefty contribution.
    You could get a tripod and a remote shutter release. Or you could use a phone camera, which seem to be able to cope - provided there is plenty of light.

Master
    I'm ambidextrous so taking pictures is not a problem, although I do wear my watches on my left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Despite being left-handed I always operate cameras with my right hand. In the vast majority of cases there is no other way to do it as the shutter release is almost always on the right hand side of the the lens.
    Me, too, downer, but I hold the camera with two hands and release the shutter with my right hand, as that is indeed the side with the shutter release.

I suppose, to minimise wobble effect (sic) I could hold by breath and have a very fast shutter speed.

Thanks for a lefty contribution.

You should have the camera on a tripod and either use the timer or a remote release.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Most folk on here, as in society at large seem to be right-handed.

It occurs to me that it is more difficult to execute a wrist shot (if the watch is on the left wrist) if one is a lefty and operating the camera with the right hand.

How do other lefties overcome this minor challenge?
    I'm left handed and simply put my camera on timer !

Brendan

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Opposable thumbs help.

mike

I'm a south paw but have always worn watches on the left wrist as that's where they belong unless the crown is on the left of course.
    I think it was designed that way to facilitate easier winding as most people are right handed?
    Of course it's a matter of personal preference and each to their own.

I have always managed to use my right hand with enough dexterity to make a few shots if required but don't usually take wrist shots as I always felt the watch looked better at certain angles and in a certain light that was hard to capture on the wrist.
    Plus wrist shots can, unless you're a skilled photographer (which I'm not) make a watch look too big in my limited experience.

Where was I?....oh yes...errr...yeah lefty and no issues.