closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new vacuum cleaner

My new vacuum cleaner

Afternoon fellow mums nets fans.

Just thought that I would tell you about my new vacuum cleaner:

Gtech AirRam MK2

I love vacuuming (though no longer dress like Freddie Mercury whilst doing it) but I constantly frustrated by the shortcomings of various models. Advances in battery technology over recent years have made cordless cleaners a practical proposition. Battery life and certain aspects of functionality do remain an issue however I am most impressed with this one.

A full charge will last for three thorough cleans of the house (OK its a small house - 2 bedrooms, bathroom, lounge /diner & kitchen) and its a great performer. it has a powerful suck, a strong beating action and its easy and quick to empty the waste compartment. Going cordless is a joy, no more getting your feet tied up during crucial moments. You too can break free.

My only concern is durability as its pretty much all plastic, still that's the modern world. All in all, if you are looking for a new one then it may be well worth considering one of these.

Oh, and just for old times sake....

Craftsman
    They're great - just watch when changing the accessories over in the handheld one (assuming it came with it?) - the electrical connection (only used for the pet hair cleaner thingy with the world bits inside) can get pushed down inside and makes that particular accessory defunct as it requires power. Have a look in the end and You see what I mean!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I wish I could get down to one vacuum, but I like having a vacuum for different rooms....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Master
    Wife had the Dyson version for in the office which died within a few weeks of purchase and was returned, I will pass on you recommendation to her.
    Oh and, be proud, dress like Freddie if it makes you feel good !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    They're great - just watch when changing the accessories over in the handheld one (assuming it came with it?) - the electrical connection (only used for the pet hair cleaner thingy with the world bits inside) can get pushed down inside and makes that particular accessory defunct as it requires power. Have a look in the end and You see what I mean!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks for the heads up - I have the hand held model but I haven't used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Oh and, be proud, dress like Freddie if it makes you feel good !!!
    I'm more Hilda Ogden these days.

Craftsman
    I see there’s an advert for a competitors model that claims iirc 3 times the suction of the gtek model.

Also read some bad things about the gtek electric bicycle - poor design, poor quality parts and very poor customer support. I hope these are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I'm more Hilda Ogden these days.

Be proud of what you are! I look forward to pictures of you in your HO outfit, with a suitable muriel for a background.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Be proud of what you are! I look forward to pictures of you in your HO outfit, with a suitable muriel for a background.
    Oh alright then

I has to sell a Speedmaster to buy that wig and dont even get me started on the price of size 9 slingbacks

Master
    Just thought that I would tell you about my new vacuum cleaner:
    Just my opinion but it sucks.

Never mind Freddie & Hilda - where is that tasty bird in the Gtech TV advert?
    Thinking about it, they are all tasty in that advert.

Now that is a sensible outfit for domestic chores.

At least, the vicar thinks so and I've my position on the Parish Council to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Now that is a sensible outfit for domestic chores.

At least, the vicar thinks so and I've my position on the Parish Council to think about.
    If the Rev Richard Coles can camp it up on Strictly Come Dancing then I see no reason why a leather mini skirt cannot be included in weekly housework activities. Anything else would be double standards.

If the Rev Richard Coles can camp it up on Strictly Come Dancing then I see no reason why a leather mini skirt cannot be included in weekly housework activities. Anything else would be double standards.
    Quite.

I'd imagine it also provides greater freedom to move from room to room with gusto. It's probably quite resilient to troublesome stains as well - always worth bearing in mind.

Gotcha.
    Who wouldn't want one of those?

One of the vacs would be OK too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE3qnpXNHpI

Quite.

I'd imagine it also provides greater freedom to move from room to room with gusto. It's probably quite resilient to troublesome stains as well - always worth bearing in mind.
    Yes, absolute freedom of movement. With the addition of some nylons purely for H&S reasons (protection from abrasion if passing too close to Draylon seat covers) its a practical and stylish set up.

For the more mature housekeeper a simple floral pinafore and cardigan combination is a practical but attractive alternative. I bought these from Primark.

Last edited by Velorum; 24th September 2017 at 20:46.

^Bravo!

Style and sophistication.

^Bravo!

Style and sophistication.
    Thank you.

I'm working on a Nanette Newman look for when I do the washing up.

Is there a longer-term review pending? Say, after three months heavy usage? I'm thinking about buying the kids a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. They can take turns using it and I think it will be a winning surprise for them both, teaching them invaluable life skills that a Nintendo Swish, or whatever they're called, never could.

Anyway, I'm sick to death of the utterly rubbish VonHaus I bought recently. The HEPA filter system seems to clog and require deep cleaning every two passes around the house, a clip has broken on the attachment so it's now Gorilla-taped on, and the cord, fully-extended, is roughly the length of a slow worm

I look forward to reading more (preferably before Christmas)

PS I like to vacuum wearing a pink Olivia Newton John jumpsuit

Good call, I will post an update around December time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

PS I like to vacuum wearing a pink Olivia Newton John jumpsuit
    Pictures required.

(An excellent week for new lifestyle topics on TZUK I think, a combined housekeeping and crossdressing thread has been long overdue)

Master

Wink

it has a powerful suck, a strong beating action and its easy and quick to empty the waste compartment
    Sounds like you've found the perfect machine haha

I'm sure someone will be right along to tell us that it sucks..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Just my opinion but it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Ahem... cough

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Ahem... cough
    That blows!
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Yes, absolute freedom of movement. With the addition of some nylons purely for H&S reasons (protection from abrasion if passing too close to Draylon seat covers) its a practical and stylish set up.

For the more mature housekeeper a simple floral pinafore and cardigan combination is a practical but attractive alternative. I bought these from Primark.

I'm pleased to see you've taken quiff protection measures. It would be a shame to suffer droop due to the sweat and heat of vigorous cleaning procedures.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Keep up! 😉

Master
    [QUOTE=fraggle42;4503673]I see there’s an advert for a competitors model that claims iirc 3 times the suction of the gtek model.

Also read some bad things about the gtek electric bicycle - poor design, poor quality parts and very poor customer support. I hope these are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

We bought a Dyson V6 Animal in January, on offer from John Lewis, and it is brilliant. Only drawback is that the dust container is a little on the small side.

We looked at the AirRam at the weekend but in the end decided to go with the Dyson V6 Fluffy as the heads were much more flexible for getting round things. Agree that the dust container is on the small side, but it's easy and quick to empty.

We also looked at Dyson's V8, but the difference didn't really justify the increase in price - even at Costco prices.

Now, where's my pinafore dress, stockings and suspenders....
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Good call, I will post an update around December time.

Pictures required.

(An excellent week for new lifestyle topics on TZUK I think, a combined housekeeping and crossdressing thread has been long overdue)
    It won't last that long!

Had the mk1 and not to upset you too much, what a heap of junk. If you have pets or hairy rugs, all the hair gets wound around the edge of the roller and you spend a long time cutting it off. This in turn weakened the motor and then a bit broke off and that was it in the bin and only 4 months in. Back with Dyson again and happy.

Master
    I had the original AirRam too. Same problems. Two females with long hair in the house and it was stuffed. Hair just wraps around the brush and as there is no suck as such it just stops working. It did a decent job on carpets generally but then also picked up a rogue screw from somewhere that did not do it much good. After a few months it just stopped working so took it back to Costco for a refund. We have a Miele for "proper" cleans and a Dyson V6 for quick clean ups. I actually like the Dyson as it makes the job so much quicker. But this is my second V6 as the first stopped charging after a week so had it replaced. We also had two previous Dyson uprights from the original range and they fell over and broke seemingly at random. So I'd really hesitate to recommend Dyson stuff at the price it is. We got the V6 really cheap at the time luckily.