closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Almost!

Journeyman

Almost!

Well I have been on a waiting list for several months now and received my call yesterday for the 50th anniversary sea dweller.

1035 Saturday got the call. Rang back at 1105 and gone. Now I need to wait another x months and hopefully not be far from my mobile next time.

Alas this was to be my first Rolex.

If you are top of the list it shouldnt matter if you didnt answer or call back immediately, I suppose if they operate that way you do get the call much quicker

I have to say my AD were not the best but they were very fair regarding the waiting list

Master
    Blog Entries
    Agree that is one harsh AD

Journeyman
    Well I have thought about this and one of the things that I see in here is relationships. Perhaps if I was they may have waited for me to return their call.

Now not being in a position to buy expensive watches regularly developing said relationship is difficult. The AD in question did say I was he third call so 2 others missed out as well and the fourth took it.

I think giving someone a short period of time to get back would be reasonable and to that end I might pop in there when I can. However as I am off to the US for a month I may just find something desirable over there.

The AD just wants the quickest easiest sale possible, they know they will have no issue selling and move through the list until they have a buyer

I know you can get hold of these if you are willing to buy less desirable watches (i thought this was a tall story) if you have a 'relationship' or willing to jump through hoops like the example above i am sure you will bypass the lists altogether

Perhaps speak to a few AD's and confirm their contact list rules/process before signing up, at least you know the score

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think they're coming in fairly thick and fast these days.
    Maybe they'll have one in the next allocation.

Journeyman
    Watch buying shouldn’t be this much hassle.

And what is the point of a waiting list if anyone can walk in and take the watch you’ve said you’ll have after waiting for it to arrive for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth offering them a deposit to secure the next one they get? If they 'remember' the deposit that is.

Journeyman
    Offered a deposit to secure the next one which was declined. Just feel that its like trying to buy a bloody unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Watch buying shouldn’t be this much hassle.

And what is the point of a waiting list if anyone can walk in and take the watch you’ve said you’ll have after waiting for it to arrive for months.

But what is the point in lists if people are going to be on multiple ones all over the country. It does seem a bit harsh especially if that is the only list you are on, but maybe the first two had already bought elsewhere and didn't bother to update the AD.
    I think it would be better if you had to prove a local residential postcode, as far as I know my local AD Spiers in exeter doesn't do lists, they prefer local people.

Giving them your first born is the only way to be sure.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Well I have been on a waiting list for several months now and received my call yesterday for the 50th anniversary sea dweller.

1035 Saturday got the call. Rang back at 1105 and gone. Now I need to wait another x months and hopefully not be far from my mobile next time.

Alas this was to be my first Rolex.
    What a gang of pricks that AD is - Half an hour and they let it go from underneath you. I hope you questioned their sleight of hand and got a bloody good answer ?

Almost!

Picked mine up at the weekend. AD called me last Wednesday to let me know when it would be in. They didn't even want a deposit from me, but I insisted to make sure it wouldn't be sold to the next person on the list.

ADs policy means you might get watch quicker than expected if another buyer doesn’t respond quickly.
    Who knows - you may have even been second person called this time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    But what is the point in lists if people are going to be on multiple ones all over the country. It does seem a bit harsh especially if that is the only list you are on, but maybe the first two had already bought elsewhere and didn't bother to update the AD.
    I think it would be better if you had to prove a local residential postcode, as far as I know my local AD Spiers in exeter doesn't do lists, they prefer local people.
    I wonder how many people on multiple lists bother to tell the others when they have one?
    Or are they just hoovering them all just to sell on?

Master
    I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

AD has a list, they call each person on the list, no answer, on to the next, a negative answer, on to the next. And that's it.

That is all there is to it. The AD is not your buddy and they owe you nothing, they are in the business of sales. I think some people forget that.

I understand how the OP can be a bit miffed, as I would be had I just missed out. But, thats's on him, for not answering the call, not the AD.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I wonder how many people on multiple lists bother to tell the others when they have one?
    Or are they just hoovering them all just to sell on?
    It depends on the AD, some chain ADs will check if you are registered elsewhere and not allow multiple applications. I suppose a way round that is to just call indies.

I always think the multiple list, must have it now types are a little sad. Whatever happened to patience? Also, it's just a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    That is all there is to it. The AD is not your buddy and they owe you nothing, they are in the business of sales. I think some people forget that.
    Different if you have a 'relationship'.

Journeyman
    I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

AD has a list, they call each person on the list, no answer, on to the next, a negative answer, on to the next. And that's it.

I understand how the OP can be a bit miffed, as I would be had I just missed out. But, thats's on him, for not answering the call, not the AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What a gang of pricks that AD is - Half an hour and they let it go from underneath you. I hope you questioned their sleight of hand and got a bloody good answer ?
    At the end of the day a "relationship" is a two way thing, everyone talks of relationships and the dealers etc advocate this however if they are not prepared to start a relationship how does that work. By not allowing a short period to "get back to them" they are not making the relationship work or even trying to start one.

I was the third call but I do not know if the two ahead of me declined the sale or did not pick up.

It depends on the AD, some chain ADs will check if you are registered elsewhere and not allow multiple applications. I suppose a way round that is to just call indies.

I always think the multiple list, must have it now types are a little sad. Whatever happened to patience? Also, it's just a watch.
    It's more than that for many... It's an instant return of a decent sum of money. Unfortunately.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    At the end of the day a "relationship" is a two way thing, everyone talks of relationships and the dealers etc advocate this however if they are not prepared to start a relationship how does that work. By not allowing a short period to "get back to them" they are not making the relationship work or even trying to start one.

I was the third call but I do not know if the two ahead of me declined the sale or did not pick up.
    How do you know they just didn't start a relationship with the first person to pick up the phone and give a yes?

If they have a list, no matter how long, why should the AD wait for you to reply? Especially on an in demand item.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My AD has held a Rolex for me a few times until I got back from holiday.

Guess depends how nice they are and how much they value your custom

Craftsman
    Whoa, that's super harsh. Time to find a new AD?