closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: HELM Watches, anyone bought one?

HELM Watches, anyone bought one?

I have just pulled the trigger on a HELM Vanuatu divers watch and wondered if anyone else on the forum has one?

http://helmwatches.com/vanuatu1.html

They appear to be excellent value for money given the specs, and have a real tool watch look about them somewhere between a Marathon GSAR and a Sinn U1.

Really looking forward to getting this one 😊

I don't own one myself, but I've only heard good things about them. I suspect they're one of the Fullswing type brands, a bit like Deep Blue / Armida / Helson (although it's hard to find out these things as such brands don't really like to advertise that they get everything made by Fullswing). If that's the case then I'd have no qualms about the watch, and the general price / quality ratio is usually pretty good for such watches.

Master
    Missed out on one on EBay last week, I did put a cheeky bid in towards the end but was about £10 short. They look to be decent enough for £200ish, the watch I normally wear for work was in for repair due to having an unfortunate incident with a tiled floor but now it’s back I’m in two minds whether to still buy a Helm or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Missed out on one on EBay last week, I did put a cheeky bid in towards the end but was about £10 short. They look to be decent enough for £200ish, the watch I normally wear for work was in for repair due to having an unfortunate incident with a tiled floor but now it’s back I’m in two minds whether to still buy a Helm or not.
    I was watching that one too, but it sold for more than a new one, so that’s why I ended up buying one direct. I know I’ll get humped for taxes and fees, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Craftsman
    I don’t know anything about them, but that is a nice looking watch.

Master
    They’ve got a nice look to them and seem a decent price too. I’ve come across the brand before so think I’ll do a bit of Googling now!

Blog Entries
    looks like good value, seems strange that they sell for around £240 on the bay, why dont people order direct?

The Vanuatu is a great watch. Had a couple but moved them on when the itch for a new watch started.

Ordered a khuruburi (or whatever) last night

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    looks like good value, seems strange that they sell for around £240 on the bay, why dont people order direct?
    I suppose you don’t get humped for import charges when you buy used off eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    The Vanuatu is a great watch. Had a couple but moved them on when the itch for a new watch started.
    I don’t suppose you can remember what the charges from DHL were can you, as this is the first time I’ve ordered from abroad, apart from Creation Watches?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Darra8 View Post
    I don’t suppose you can remember what the charges from DHL were can you, as this is the first time I’ve ordered from abroad, apart from Creation Watches?

Thanks,
    Add 20% VAT and an £11 disbursement charge from DHL.

Or between £7 and £15 admin fee from Royal Mail and Parcel Farce if they are the delivering UK company.

£40 or so on the last order but it wasn't dhl

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    I don't own one myself, but I've only heard good things about them. I suspect they're one of the Fullswing type brands, a bit like Deep Blue / Armida / Helson (although it's hard to find out these things as such brands don't really like to advertise that they get everything made by Fullswing). If that's the case then I'd have no qualms about the watch, and the general price / quality ratio is usually pretty good for such watches.

This is a complete revelation to me. I'd always figured there must be a contractor somewhere in the world making watches like these but didn't actually think it would be in the public domain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk