closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tudor GMT vs Explorer 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Full payment now? Bugger that. Jewellers have been known to go out of business and your full cash would then be lost. Goldsmiths wanted no deposit and think around June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn’t to happy having to pay full amount now, was told only three watches allocated in first order with a long list of interest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I wasn’t to happy having to pay full amount now, was told only three watches allocated in first order with a long list of interest.
    Which dealer is that if you don’t mind me asking?

It sounds like they’re saying ‘lots of interest, so those who pay up front go to the top of the list’?

If there would be a 25% discount, I may consider pre paying, otherwise definitely not.

Master
    Full payment now? Bugger that. Jewellers have been known to go out of business and your full cash would then be lost. Goldsmiths wanted no deposit and think around June

That’s also what I was told by Goldsmiths

Quote Originally Posted by Recht View Post
    If there would be a 25% discount, I may consider pre paying, otherwise definitely not.
    Ye but on new models ads are being told they aren’t allowed to offer any discount. Goldsmiths said they would give me shopping centre vouchers for a lunch lol but no discount. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    That’s interesting WOS were only taking register of interest and quoted September ( which sort of suited my cash flow anyway )
    Likewise, they took my details and quoted August / September when I enquired.

I paid a deposit (relatively low percentage) and was told they were expecting first allocations in June, and that I was near the top of ze list.
    Whole amount now seems ridiculous, especially as it seems clear that the initial allocations are now mostly used up.
    Unless some dealers are planning to allow full-amount payers to jump the queue........
    Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I paid a deposit (relatively low percentage) and was told they were expecting first allocations in June, and that I was near the top of ze list.
    Whole amount now seems ridiculous, especially as it seems clear that the initial allocations are now mostly used up.
    Unless some dealers are planning to allow full-amount payers to jump the queue........
    Dave
    Like I said, I was already on the list, the first inquiry, phoned on day of release.
    When I went in yesterday they phoned Tudor whilst I was there and was told they were only being allocated three watches which would be delivered mid July ( shop said this could vary two weeks either way)
    Due to this they wanted full payment as they had so many inquiries with people willing to put a deposit down.

explorer 2

I tried an explorer on last week and have to sat I wasnt impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    No it won't if you pay by credit card your protected

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    True. Still wouldn’t pay full price months before I got the watch tho

Quote Originally Posted by wits View Post
    I tried an explorer on last week and have to sat I wasnt impressed.
    At least that helps you to eliminate some expensive options of possible watches. They are many others out there.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    That’s also what I was told by Goldsmiths
    And me.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Well in that case you won't get one!

I’m already first on list and been asked for no deposit. So I think I’ll get one

I'd be perfectly happy with the Tudor on this call, hard to justify the Rolex in any given comparison unless it very specifically gives something for me the Tudor doesn't (and having 'Rolex' written on it doesn't count).

^
    Well... the Explorer is a higher-quality watch, if that matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy with the Tudor on this call, hard to justify the Rolex in any given comparison unless it very specifically gives something for me the Tudor doesn't (and having 'Rolex' written on it doesn't count).
    The converse is true. The Tudor has rotating bezel so can track a third time zone whereas the explorer is fixed bezel I think? I think it’s a strange pair to compare. A fairer comparison would be the two Pepsi offerings from Basel and there would prob be more in the Rolex camp for that showdown I think.

Explorer will have better proportions I think? Tudor GMT has BB proportions right?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Explorer will have better proportions I think? Tudor GMT has BB proportions right?
    Yes

Master
    The converse is true. The Tudor has rotating bezel so can track a third time zone whereas the explorer is fixed bezel I think? I think it’s a strange pair to compare. A fairer comparison would be the two Pepsi offerings from Basel and there would prob be more in the Rolex camp for that showdown I think.

But both are a good travellers watch - I interchange between an explorer and 16710 for travelling, key being able to change time quickly and see the time at home

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I'd pay extra to avoid the fake vintage rivet style bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I'd pay extra to avoid the fake vintage rivet style bracelet.
    Me too. It’s just not right.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Me too. It’s just not right.
    I’m fortunate to have an older black bay also and the bracelet fits it apparently so I can do bracelet but sans rivets

Journeyman
    Interesting information from SalonQP suggesting part of the Tudor GMT movement is borrowed from old Rolex tech.

The in-house movement is a new version of their successful MT56 with an additional 24 hour module integrated into the base movement – which is taken from Rolex’s outgoing GMT-Master II movement, the calibre 3185.
    The wording was a little confusing (at least to me) but as I understand it the movement is the standard Tudor in-house movement but with the 24-hour setting part from the old 3185 it seems. Anybody know if this is a particularly good or bad thing?

No 'wobble' as far as I can see from the videos.

It’s a really good thing. The GMT mechanism Rolex used in the 3185 movement is bloody excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Yes, the GMT does have the BB proportions. That will make it wear quite tall.

Master
    I’m already first on list and been asked for no deposit. So I think I’ll get one

Yes WOS are doing no deposit wait lists . I’m happy to make a decision in September . Hope you get yours sooner

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Maybe it means ‘ I’ve got more sense than to spend the silly money Rolex charge’.

I drive an 8 yr old car..........doesn’t mean I can’t afford a new one.

Folks who make shallow inferences are judging others by their own standards.

Paul
    Very true !