closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Diver Trio with a Seamaster 300 Inspiration

Master

Diver Trio with a Seamaster 300 Inspiration

A trio of divers, two of them taking their design from the SM300. The model I have is a fantastic Watchco with many thanks to Dave for being so patient with the deal.
    LHS we have a 2254.50. Lovely finish , powerful lume and a wonderful go anywhere watch. I personally feel that the 2254.50 and the Great White GMT are the best of the modern Seamasters.
    The 2254.50 also has the benefit of a slim case to fit under a sleeve.
    In the middle the Watchco No date SM300 has a wonderful retro feel almost slightly pre 60’s. In profile it rocks a UFO shape . The side profile also reminds me of similarities to the Speedmaster
    The dial of course is so classic. The lume is magnificent and it’s a thrill to see the Bezel numbers light up in fantastic lume. The 2254 and the CWC feel less dainty than this 165.0324. However I’d feel confident in taking this for a swim.
    Finally RHS the CWC Quartz re-release based on their iconic 80’s Navy issue watch’s . Itself built to MOD spec which is basically the SM300.
    The case work is purely brushed . No crown ornamentation and purely functional . Case work is obviously not the same level as the Omegas but it’s rock solid. I really would take this watch anywhere. Lume is torchlike.

I love this design so much I can see myself buying the new Certina DSPH200 elease at some point !

Now for the trio!

Last edited by Mark lowman; 14th April 2018 at 16:37.

The Seamaster 300m is a great watch and like others based on the MoD NATO specification that is much used and loved. I have the new 1980 CWC Navy Diver Reissue. The original Watch replaced the Milsub.

I also bought a Borealis Estoril homage with an identical design, but apart from a wristshot I didn't wear it and sold it almost immediately.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The Seamaster 300m is a great watch and like others based on the MoD NATO specification that is much used and loved. I have the new 1980 CWC Navy Diver Reissue. The original Watch replaced the Milsub.

I also bought a Borealis Estoril homage with an identical design, but apart from a wristshot I didn't wear it and sold it almost immediately.

I can see why you went for the CWC that is excellent looking and in terms of case / dial finish is a cut above my CWC Quartz

Father and son

Last edited by Flashharry; 14th April 2018 at 18:05.

Well you just messed up my plans....

Been making plans on reducing my collection with quite a few going and to be replaced
    by maybe 3 and had got it down at least to 2/3 types but that Watchco 300m might have
    to make me start again.
    Remember drooling over them when you could still buy them newly done but wasn’t in a position
    to buy then and they had disappeared off my radar.
    Had seen the similar style new Certina shown at Basel and thought might look at one of those
    later this year if had some funds left after the changes am going to make.

Do you have any idea what they go for now if and when they do come up used?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Well you just messed up my plans....

Been making plans on reducing my collection with quite a few going and to be replaced
    by maybe 3 and had got it down at least to 2/3 types but that Watchco 300m might have
    to make me start again.
    Remember drooling over them when you could still buy them newly done but wasn’t in a position
    to buy then and they had disappeared off my radar.
    Had seen the similar style new Certina shown at Basel and thought might look at one of those
    later this year if had some funds left after the changes am going to make.

Do you have any idea what they go for now if and when they do come up used?
    Hi there
    I’m guessing between 2500-3000 I basically spent in the middle of those two prices . You could always do a WTB.
    I’ve just put mine back on a mesh bracelet and it’s a beauty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry View Post
    Father and son

That is stunning !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Hi there
    I’m guessing between 2500-3000 I basically spent in the middle of those two prices . You could always do a WTB.
    I’ve just put mine back on a mesh bracelet and it’s a beauty.
    Thanks Mark, seem to be a couple on eBay at the moment and one on Chrono24 but none are 100%
    clear who put them together.

Master
    TBK - that is a valid point. I bought mine of a lovely genuine seller off SC. Obviously it’s not cast iron guarantees of good behaviour . But In your shoes I’d consider a WTB whilst keeping an eye on SC. A lot of the Watchco’s will have been passed through members so often you can see a useful link to previous condition and sale. I gained a lot of confidence through that

Master
    Nice looking trio Mark and the watchso sm300 looks great on the rallye strap. I recall Tony's drew a fair few complimentary comments on leather which reinforces just what a great, classic design it is. Nice to see it on the mesh too though ;).