closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hublot classic fusion - opinions & photos anyone?

Craftsman

Hublot classic fusion - opinions & photos anyone?

Dear all,

I am at the phase where I am planning to buy a new watch within this year and trying to decide which one I like the most.

most recently I started thinking of hublot, the classic fusion specifically; either in all black or all blue. I know some of you might hate it, I used to hate it too but something attracted my attention lately and I 've started liking it.

As I am not 100% sure yet, if you have any comment about the specific range of watches or if you own one please share both opinions and photos of this watch range please share.

Thank you all in advance!

Evangelos

Master
    Think Secret sales.com have some of these for 35% off...

Master
    I love Hublot - they’re great designs.

Which variant specifically?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I love Hublot - they’re great designs.

Which variant specifically?

Thank you Ach5, I am interested in a plain watch, I do not want a chronograph at the moment.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like them. Good build quality but they do seem to ride on the back of AP/RM.
    25% discount is easily achieved so don't go for rrp or you'll lose a chunk.

That blue is far nicer than the black one, first thing that struck me was the black wings, a bit of Genta in there maybe?

Craftsman
    Hahaha is that a vomit?

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

Master
    I like the design and seems good finish and built quality. Assuming the Sellita movement you know about and doesn’t bother you then go for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Yes it is and sums up Hublot well

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Have you ever owned/wore one? Or looked beyond the headline grabbing gaudy monstrosities that people use to bash Hublot with? Just wondering.

Craftsman
    seems that as I initially thought it is a love or hate thing

I dont think anyone can justify the cost of ETA/Sellita movement at that price range, it’s basically RO/Nautilus ripoff...But they are pretty popular among some circles I suppose.

Craftsman
    you all who talked about movements have a point, however from what I 've understood so far I doubt someone gets a Hublot for the mechanical, complicated machine that is wearing.

I reckon you buy it for its design which I think is interesting, for the fact that is a reputable brand (regardless the way the company's marketing works) and because is recognisable.

correct me if wrong but if wanted a movement at this price range I would have probably be focusing to JLC or Breguet instead.

Master
    I’m generally a movement and brand snob and my watches are predominantly Patek AP and Rolex. However i own 1 Hublot and i must say that I do like it and there are merits to the watch.

Whilst the classic fusion is not the one i would go for, in general my thoughts on the line are:

1) They are very comfortable. The rubber strap and deployant are very easy to use and superior to that of say AP. The watches also tend to be lighter too and offer great wearability.

2) Quite stylish: ofcourse this can be extremely subjective but in general, if your clothing errs to the more casual/lux sporty side a hublot can really tighten up ur look.

3) Generic movements in some; Can be a positive as it’s a fairly basic movement meaning it’s also quite reliable.

Cons:

1) It’s not gonna be a timeless classic. It’s one of those watches you will either bore or sell in the future and not something you will keep i think.

2) Extremely poor resale: whilst this has improved somewhat recently it is still a shocker if u buy full retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Hublot model do you own ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I’m generally a movement and brand snob and my watches are predominantly Patek AP and Rolex. However i own 1 Hublot and i must say that I do like it and there are merits to the watch.............

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos View Post
    you all who talked about movements have a point, however from what I 've understood so far I doubt someone gets a Hublot for the mechanical, complicated machine that is wearing.

I reckon you buy it for its design which I think is interesting, for the fact that is a reputable brand (regardless the way the company's marketing works) and because is recognisable.

correct me if wrong but if wanted a movement at this price range I would have probably be focusing to JLC or Breguet instead.
    I'm on the fence about that.
    The spirit of big bang uses a modified el primero movement which is an extremely well regarded chrono and their in house unico is also pretty impressive so the instant dismissal of hublot on movement grounds is a little naive. You're correct that the classic fusion isn't breaching in house territory and that's a good thing because it's an interesting design and well finished with a comparatively pocket friendly price tag if bought sensibly.
    I think the green ones are worth considering as the sunburst and olive tone is spot on.

I don't think hublot is likely to start appealing any time soon to forums but I like them because they're different and can be a bit of fresh air when you tire of the same old same old seen them all before darlings.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I’m generally a movement and brand snob and my watches are predominantly Patek AP and Rolex. However i own 1 Hublot and i must say that I do like it and there are merits to the watch.

Whilst the classic fusion is not the one i would go for, in general my thoughts on the line are:

1) They are very comfortable. The rubber strap and deployant are very easy to use and superior to that of say AP. The watches also tend to be lighter too and offer great wearability.

2) Quite stylish: ofcourse this can be extremely subjective but in general, if your clothing errs to the more casual/lux sporty side a hublot can really tighten up ur look.

3) Generic movements in some; Can be a positive as it’s a fairly basic movement meaning it’s also quite reliable.

Cons:

1) It’s not gonna be a timeless classic. It’s one of those watches you will either bore or sell in the future and not something you will keep i think.

2) Extremely poor resale: whilst this has improved somewhat recently it is still a shocker if u buy full retail.

Thank you kaiser Phoenix, very good summary I have to admit.

I am thinking of second hand hublot to avoid most of the depreciation myself as am aware of this.

As for the classic iconic, who hublot is the most iconic one? Was thinking of the classic fusion because is simple and seems to be the foundation for most of hublot.

My collection is not at the same league., yours, it comprises of less luxury, mainly by stainless steel. So I was thinking to enrich the material list and bring a nice design in, with a watch at a similar price level.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I'm on the fence about that.
    The spirit of big bang uses a modified el primero movement which is an extremely well regarded chrono and their in house unico is also pretty impressive so the instant dismissal of hublot on movement grounds is a little naive. You're correct that the classic fusion isn't breaching in house territory and that's a good thing because it's an interesting design and well finished with a comparatively pocket friendly price tag if bought sensibly.
    I think the green ones are worth considering as the sunburst and olive tone is spot on.

I don't think hublot is likely to start appealing any time soon to forums but I like them because they're different and can be a bit of fresh air when you tire of the same old same old seen them all before darlings.
    The fact that hublot doesn't appeal to people is not necessarily bad, I think one of reasons (subconsciously) that I d like one is the fact that many people would ask me why the hell you bought that.

Anyhow, at this next purchase if go for the hublot option, it would be decision mainly design-driven and at my price range it would be far from unicos. But I don't care of movement now, and why shall I since I can't yet afford a Lange and sohne to display it well. In hublot I like the full ceramic and I like the rubber band, never had a watch with both. I also like the all dark watches that are not pvd which I find monstrous.

This is why I am thinking about it as I ve found one at a sensible price.

Craftsman
    I quite like the black magic although haven’t settled by opinion on the brand over all yet.

Craftsman
    I had a classic fusion a few years ago, it was the 42mm model 542 nx or similar number. Was a great watch, simple 3 hander done slightly differently.
    Definitely got a lot of compliments from non WIS people. I eventually sold it to a friend of mine who wanted it as his one watch.
    I got it second hand and didn't lose too much on the resale.

Was a comfortable, reliable, well made watch, which got compliments if that is your thing, because it was a little different, which was my thing.
    Nothing to fault about it really, apart from the price tag, which im sure has only gone up.

If you are thinking about it and like the design, dont care about the movement and want something different, but not so aggressive as a big bang or unico or one of their denim monstrosities then id say go for it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Which Hublot model do you own ?
    i own the big bang black magic which is the ceramic with the carbon dial. For me i feel the icon is the big bang and not the classic fusion and feel that if any design is going to become a “classic” if that is even possible with Hublot it will be the big bang.

However the 42mm unico they released this year with the in-house chronograph movement looks like winner too.

The Classic Fusion watches are great to wear. Very flat and with a nice wrist presence. They do fine as a sporty dress watch. I had a 42mm and a 45mm Classic Fusion made from Zirconium and i prefered the larger one on my wrist, as i like to wear watches around 42-44mm.

The 45mm of the CFs wears not as large as the diameter would imply. They are measured over the "ears" from end to end. The Selitta did a great job and have been very accurate. Ok it's only a Selitta, but if you don't care about it's fine.

I can recommend you to choose one with the newer sunray dials, which add more depth to the appearance. My 45mm had the matt black dial and in the long run it was a bit too plane and clean for my eye.

Also there is a difference between the old and the newer models regarding the Hands. The older ones were skeletonized and more sporty than the newer elegant polished ones.

Now that i don't own one any more, i really start lusting after another one.

Here is a wristshot of mine ex.

Master
    ^ lovely!

Actually I quite like the look of most of the watches in this thread; understated and even, given the size, quite handsome. Sadly though the brand is a turn off for me. I occasionally meet, usually while playing the odd cash poker game, Hublot wearers. Without exception, not one had a clue about what was on their wrist. Several times very wealthy young men, foreign students here at university. Maybe I have a inaccurate view of Hublot wearers (and clearly owners here on TZ are very knowledgeable aficionados and I have only met a small sample of wearers in real life) but I think it's a shame when a brand appears like it appeals mainly to those who wish to display wealth above all else, rather than any sort of horological appreciation.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app