closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai in harrods

Panerai in harrods

Just popped in for a look,got to see a tray full of watches that are not out yet which they have in there this week,I think it’s travelling around the stores ,there taking deposits on them.
    Also they have a couple of radiomir prototypes that you can see which are based on vintage designs.
    Tried these on the luminor is a harrods only of 100 ,not sure how these are received by the paneristi,also tried on the mare nostrum as I’ve never seen one in the flesh,not sure how I felt about it ,seemed a bit small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panerai have aged so quickly.

I like the Nostrum. If only it was 40mm instead of 42.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    Panerai have aged so quickly.
    Matured maybe

RIAC

Master
    Hiya. Thanks for sharing.

These have been in Harrods for at least the past 6 months, if not more.

The Harrods specials followed on from green ones the other year which I think flew out of the door, these blue ones are almost a standard fixture there.

The Mare Nostrum is supposed to be pretty rare but a few months back both WoS Brompton Road and Harrods had them in stock. It wears quite small so for someone used to 40mm it should wear fine.

Craftsman

Poor sales

Not sure if Panerai sales are at the same level they once were, certainly within the UK market but in AD windows they never seem to shift many pieces and the secondary market is flooded with them.

They do have some good models but maybe the increasing prices or the fact that Trade in prices are shockingly poor could be a factor in what appears to be a slow market here in the UK for Panerai.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Not sure if Panerai sales are at the same level they once were, certainly within the UK market but in AD windows they never seem to shift many pieces and the secondary market is flooded with them.

They do have some good models but maybe the increasing prices or the fact that Trade in prices are shockingly poor could be a factor in what appears to be a slow market here in the UK for Panerai.
    I think overall numbers are probably way up - they used to be a tiny niche brand. The issue, as I see it, is Richemont pushing an unsellable number of units onto ADs.

Master
    Following @perezcope on instagram, Panerai are certainly in the "fake it to make it" business, I guess more people are clued up on that these days.

That being said I like the look of some of them, but I'll wait for a price collapse before considering one... Like a rose gold radiomir.

Panerai are struggling as the market moves towards smaller sizes. They have even lauded a 38mm Submersible. However with just 30mm water resistance, for their key divers model it just shows what a joke the brand has become.

30 meters for a divers watch. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    Panerai are struggling as the market moves towards smaller sizes. They have even lauded a 38mm Submersible. However with just 30mm water resistance, for their key divers model it just shows what a joke the brand has become.

30 meters for a divers watch. Shame on you.

Have they? What's the model number? I only ask because there isn't a 38mm Luminor Submersible on the Panerai site.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Have they? What's the model number? I only ask because there isn't a 38mm Luminor Submersible on the Panerai site.
    He is talking about the due not submersible. Which is a more dressy line anyway. Guess he doesn’t know much about the brand tbh

Just been back to harrods with the wife,she tried on a 38mm due ,one had a green strap and one had a blue one ,the size was just right really,she wants me to check the strap options,see what’s available,as I think they are going to do a few straps for these as the straps have a clip built in which allows you to change them quickly,it looks like the bars are fixed on this model

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Following @perezcope on instagram, Panerai are certainly in the "fake it to make it" business, I guess more people are clued up on that these days.

That being said I like the look of some of them, but I'll wait for a price collapse before considering one... Like a rose gold radiomir.
    Indeed,

Perezscope has killed my desire to own any Panerai whatsoever, unless a truly early Original piece.

Is that the PAM745 on blue rubber strap and on the titanium bracelet ?

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Just popped in for a look,got to see a tray full of watches that are not out yet which they have in there this week,I think it’s travelling around the stores ,there taking deposits on them.
    Also they have a couple of radiomir prototypes that you can see which are based on vintage designs.
    Tried these on the luminor is a harrods only of 100 ,not sure how these are received by the paneristi,also tried on the mare nostrum as I’ve never seen one in the flesh,not sure how I felt about it ,seemed a bit small

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Indeed,

Perezscope has killed my desire to own any Panerai whatsoever, unless a truly early Original piece.
    Why,what does he say?

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Is that the PAM745 on blue rubber strap and on the titanium bracelet ?
    Yes it comes with both

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Why,what does he say?
    he doesnt like the way modern panerai presents the history of the original co

see the linked article

https://perezcope.com/2018/02/15/pam...-of-the-fiddy/