closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garden/grass is a mess! Easiest way to get it sorted?

Has anyone got one of the McCulloch robotic mowers? Seem to be a reasonable amount cheaper than the Husqvarna ones. Looking at the R1000. Lawn is around 600m2 according to Google maps.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
    Has anyone got one of the McCulloch robotic mowers? Seem to be a reasonable amount cheaper than the Husqvarna ones. Looking at the R1000. Lawn is around 600m2 according to Google maps.

Paul.
    I'm almost afraid for someone to answer you on that one!... Husqvarna Group own Flymo and McCullough. The Husqvarna 105, Flymo 1200R and McCullough models all use the same body and chassis if you look at them. I read on a pistonheads thread that alot of parts are shared - and stamped Husqvarna.

The thing that tipped me to the Husqvarna is that its is considerably heavier than the Flymo ( which sells as low as £435 at times on amazon). My unconfirmed logic is that the motors or parts somewhere must be engineered better. Its 9kg (ish) compared to 7. But... the controls are the same, wheels, body.

My 105 is great - but did I pay x2 the price for the name?...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I'm almost afraid for someone to answer you on that one!... Husqvarna Group own Flymo and McCullough. The Husqvarna 105, Flymo 1200R and McCullough models all use the same body and chassis if you look at them. I read on a pistonheads thread that alot of parts are shared - and stamped Husqvarna.

The thing that tipped me to the Husqvarna is that its is considerably heavier than the Flymo ( which sells as low as £435 at times on amazon). My unconfirmed logic is that the motors or parts somewhere must be engineered better. Its 9kg (ish) compared to 7. But... the controls are the same, wheels, body.

My 105 is great - but did I pay x2 the price for the name?...
    Indeed, Gardena too. All get made in the same factory
    Not sure about the weight difference, info i have is they are all about 7kg??

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Indeed, Gardena too. All get made in the same factory
    Not sure about the weight difference, info i have is they are all about 7kg??
    I have no idea where I got that from!... just looked up the 105 user manual - its 6.7kg.

Master
    Reading this thread with interest and thinking "yeah, that auto-mower sounds great". Had a look at the website - wow, they are not cheap!

So, have any other automower owners given their bot a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    So, have any other automower owners given their bot a name?
    Yep, you're almost compelled to if you use the app. Mine are named Patrick and Lorna. How bloody sad does that sound?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Yep, you're almost compelled to if you use the app. Mine are named Patrick and Lorna. How bloody sad does that sound?!!!
    Yes, the app does tempt you to give it a name, mine is called 'Mowin Ali'