closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 81 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 7080

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

In terms of functionality this to me signifies a return to the roots of G Shock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsea_dweller View Post
    My girlfriends new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow.

Ref?

EDIT : found it. Stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    If it does ever become scruffy, it would be receptive to dying and would probably take whatever colour Mr. V wished to try.
    I dread to think what that might be

I hear from the original supplier that he should be getting some more in soon

Its a bit hit or miss with him as to what they actually fit!

The clear and orange bezels and straps had exactly the same description:

However, they were different as regards the placement of the pusher holes

I thought that they would both fit the plastic bodied GW5610 / DW5600 however only the orange would fit - the clear as can be seen above fits the metal bodied ones like the 5000 (holes are closer together)

This was a real bonus as I thought that I wouldn't be able to get a clear set for the 5000 so I was very pleased!

I hope his new stock are exactly the same as I would like to buy some spares

I love the look. Its a bit Orac/Blakes 7 or 1970's Dr Who in my eyes. It probably conjures up other things for everyone else.

I wore it to a board meeting today and among the PP's and Rolexes it was the only piece that attracted comments. All favourable.
    Last edited by Velorum; 25th July 2018 at 18:36.

This came with my latest incoming.

Looks good - I want one

(What is it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Looks good - I want one

(What is it?)
    It is basically a 35th anniversary lapel pin.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...y+pin&_sacat=0

There are a few on e-bay if you do want to buy one.

Im not really a badge person

Which is a good thing looking at those prices!

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    Wow.

Ref?

EDIT : found it. Stunning.
    Thanks a lot. Glad you like it

https://www.g-central.com/madness-x-...-by-shawn-yue/

Red one today

Brittany theme ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I dread to think what that might be

I hear from the original supplier that he should be getting some more in soon

Its a bit hit or miss with him as to what they actually fit!

The clear and orange bezels and straps had exactly the same description:

However, they were different as regards the placement of the pusher holes

I thought that they would both fit the plastic bodied GW5610 / DW5600 however only the orange would fit - the clear as can be seen above fits the metal bodied ones like the 5000 (holes are closer together)

This was a real bonus as I thought that I wouldn't be able to get a clear set for the 5000 so I was very pleased!
    I hope his new stock are exactly the same as I would like to buy some spares
    I love the look. Its a bit Orac/Blakes 7 or 1970's Dr Who in my eyes. It probably conjures up other things for everyone else.
    I wore it to a board meeting today and among the PP's and Rolexes it was the only piece that attracted comments. All favourable.
    Not surprised it was commented on favourable and yes I remember Orac. He was a bit snarky if I recall.

Thanks for the grabs I may see about getting a few parts in for some fun.

Craftsman
    With your ongoing jelly binge, you might be excited to hear about this, Velorum:

Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    With your ongoing jelly binge, you might be excited to hear about this
    Apart from Timeless in the US, who else out there are good for taking pre-orders on watches like these. The UK end is next to useless, the website is permanently out of stock and the Carnaby Street store will only sell to people who enter the store, which isn't much use to me.

It would be nice to have a list of dealers who are pretty good at getting the right stock and are willing to take deposits.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Apart from Timeless in the US, who else out there are good for taking pre-orders on watches like these. The UK end is next to useless, the website is permanently out of stock and the Carnaby Street store will only sell to people who enter the store, which isn't much use to me.

It would be nice to have a list of dealers who are pretty good at getting the right stock and are willing to take deposits.
    I have always used Timeless as you say they seem to be the only ones to take pre orders.

Relojesdemoda

https://www.relojesdemoda.com/produc...5e-7er-p-91853

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Thank you, will have to give that one some thought. Shame they used the basic movement and not a tough solar with atomic link like the 3159. If it had been one of those I would have placed an order by now.

Master
    The barometer is dropping..... but the temp still requires iced coffee...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Master

Thank you, will have to give that one some thought. Shame they used the basic movement and not a tough solar with atomic link like the 3159. If it had been one of those I would have placed an order by now.
    I was just going through that same thought process. I'm concluding that solar and atomic is a must. I know it's not really that important but that's my criteria going forward.

Craftsman
    I'm also unhappy about the 3421 module, though I'm approaching it from the other direction - I don't mind battery power and the lack of atomic synch, but I am disappointed in its basic functionality - it does less than G-Shocks did 30 years ago for God's sake! Still, I am getting the 5035D, it's just too good-looking, and hopefully I will also find a sensibly priced DW-5000-1JF somewhere down the line ...

Master
    So shoot me for this on this thread, but this really is a G sub-forum, inhabited by a special kind of WIS.....

Help me on this one guys. Why should I get a Frogman (or why shouldn't I). And which one.

I'm thinking GWF-D1000

Or what about a quad Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000

Pros/cons?

No real need for any functions, have used ProTreks and GW5600 extensively in past for offshore yachting, but at moment landlocked and deskbound, plus weekends in the country. I do like a barometer and solar/atomic are essential.

Thanks in advance for any counsel. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    I was just going through that same thought process. I'm concluding that solar and atomic is a must. I know it's not really that important but that's my criteria going forward.

It's also the auto-light facility when you turn your wrist, the basic models don't have that. Sure, a basic model to tell the time has its place, if you are a brickie or a dry stone Waller, but I would rather pay a bit more and have the solar recharge, the time reset daily and the auto-light facility for evening.

I have decided 3159 at the very least, but the 3459 in the new metal G Shocks are the future with the ability to show the date in English, change the auto-light to 4 secs and of course the Blue tooth connection, although that is a nice to have for me and not an essential.

I used to think that. But Im more flexible in my old age.

It's also the auto-light facility when you turn your wrist, the basic models don't have that. Sure, a basic model to tell the time has its place, if you are a brickie or a dry stone Waller, but I would rather pay a bit more and have the solar recharge, the time reset daily and the auto-light facility for evening.

I have decided 3159 at the very least, but the 3459 in the new metal G Shocks are the future with the ability to show the date in English, change the auto-light to 4 secs and of course the Blue tooth connection, although that is a nice to have for me and not an essential.
    Amen, I'm with you on those. I don't care about Bluetooth really but date in DDMM, solar and atomic are musts for me otherwise I'll buy them just to have and end up never wearing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Amen, I'm with you on those. I don't care about Bluetooth really but date in DDMM, solar and atomic are musts for me otherwise I'll buy them just to have and end up never wearing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    there are many other advantages to bluetooth.

Readability,

I am in total agreement

Have moved over to solar atomics for all of mine and I use the auto light most nights - I keep my watch on when in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Not surprised it was commented on favourable and yes I remember Orac. He was a bit snarky if I recall.

Thanks for the grabs I may see about getting a few parts in for some fun.
    I don't name my watches but if I did this one would be Orac.

So shoot me for this on this thread, but this really is a G sub-forum, inhabited by a special kind of WIS.....

Help me on this one guys. Why should I get a Frogman (or why shouldn't I). And which one.

I'm thinking GWF-D1000

Or what about a quad Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000

Pros/cons?

No real need for any functions, have used ProTreks and GW5600 extensively in past for offshore yachting, but at moment landlocked and deskbound, plus weekends in the country. I do like a barometer and solar/atomic are essential.

Thanks in advance for any counsel. Cheers.

GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster is available on a superb bracelet. The micro adjustement makes it easy to achieve a perfect fit, no tools required. Plus it's to my eye very cool looking watch. I've had mine for over a year and it's still by far my favourite watch. While I love the asymmetrical Frogman look, I just don't like the way they fit on my wrist. For me the Gulfmaster is an easy choice.

Heading South to Edinburgh

It had to be done, especially in the week when Watchfinder graciously took my Speedmaster Moonphase off my hands - ducks lining up and all that. The guy I bought the Porter from managed to get three so a deal was done.

The icing on the cake for me was that when it arrived I checked the number at the bottom of the caseback picture above and this is Watch number 16. I was born on the 16th and had a free choice of any number in the 700 range I would have picked Number 16 - how weird is that.

I wasn't sure about the reverse display at first, but it really works and as others have said is possibly easier to read in sunny weather.

That looks absolutely fab.....

Craftsman
    Yeah, the brushed gunmetal finish on the caseback and the buttons is killer ... so you know what I'm going to say, right: hopefully one day soon, Casio releases an entire watch finished like this. Even the resin strap would look great with this combo, but since it would be a premium release anyway, they could include both a gunmetal bracelet and a resin strap with a matching buckle.

Master

After seeing your pictures i ordered one of these but sent it straight back.

I love big watches but this is just too BIG.

Show your G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    After seeing your pictures i ordered one of these but sent it straight back.

I love big watches but this is just too BIG.

Sorry to hear that - yes It's pretty big but many G's are big. Definitely not out of proportion..

( left to right )
    GWG-1000 Mudmaster, GPR-B1000 Rangeman, GPW-2000 Gravitymaster, GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster
    Last edited by deepsea_dweller; 27th July 2018 at 10:58.

Master
    Sorry to hear that - yes It's pretty big but many G's are big. Definitely not out of proportion..

( left to right )
    GWG-1000 Mudmaster, GPR-B1000 Rangeman, GPW-2000 Gravitymaster, GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster
    That's a great comparison. The new Rangemam does look huge but it's no worse than many others.

Was sporting a PAM earlier but popped on a bit of jelly (or plankton...) - it's fun but not sure if it's a keeper.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster is available on a superb bracelet. The micro adjustement makes it easy to achieve a perfect fit, no tools required. Plus it's to my eye very cool looking watch. I've had mine for over a year and it's still by far my favourite watch. While I love the asymmetrical Frogman look, I just don't like the way they fit on my wrist. For me the Gulfmaster is an easy choice.

Thanks, useful insight. Not sure which way to go yet. Maybe try both.

Show your G-Shocks

That's a great comparison. The new Rangemam does look huge but it's no worse than many others.

Was sporting a PAM earlier but popped on a bit of jelly (or plankton...) - it's fun but not sure if it's a keeper.

Thanks ASW1 and congrats on your Love The Sea And The Earth jelly Ranger. Still one of the finest. I'll be adding the GWF-D1000 this weekend ... Gotta figure out the best colour Also looking forward to this group shot of all 5!

Last edited by deepsea_dweller; 27th July 2018 at 14:45.

Absolutely love those.
    Great mix between fun and serious

Apprentice
    Did you do it yourself? If not, where did you get it done? Looks absolutely brilliant!
    Had a GMW-B5000 de-blinged,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Show your G-Shocks

(Screenshot Tour de France - Tourmalet)
    Enjoy your weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stuntcrew22 View Post
    Did you do it yourself? If not, where did you get it done? Looks absolutely brilliant!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Work was done by a fellow watch enthusiast on a Swedish forum, it’s not a commercial service.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by S.L; 28th July 2018 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyzeus View Post
    Hi all
    First post so be gentle!
    Really like the GG-1000 and see that eBay is full of them around the £145 mark
    Are these legit and not copies?
    Cheers TIA
    Apparently that model is becomingly more and more faked, so beware: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/fa....html#poststop

Master
    Here froggy froggy...

The journey continues. What a fascinating watch. I just wish that there was a shorter strap option (is there?). This is a proper tool watch. Serious heft and very tactile.

Loving the Kings again.

Frogman watch is in a league of its own, I have the previous edition that I feel is perfect. Well I did until I bought a mud master which I seem to wear when I work which also seems to be 24/7.

The shot blasted 5000 is fantastic.

That KOLOR one is pretty on point too.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post

Loving the Kings again.
    These are cool have all the stuff to mod mine but little time.

Apprentice
    Apparently that model is becomingly more and more faked, so beware: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/fa....html#poststop
    Thankyou, if it’s too good to be true..

A while back on the Timeless website I saw pre-orders were being taken for the GMW B5000 full metal in a matt gold, to be released in November time. It was only there for a few hours then was removed.

I have since searched Google looking for any information on this watch without success, I can't even find a picture of it.

Anyone know anything about it and even better know of any dealers taking pre-orders.