closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont Venom Watch

Bremont Venom Watch

Got the chance to buy the limited edition Venom watch as worn by a certain actor - Tom Hardy, quite a favourite with the ladies it seems. Would come from a Bremont main dealer. What, if any, discount would be realistic? I've never bought a Bremont before.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Aim for 20% which is doable... they have many special editions so dont pay too much heed to that.. they all use the same case more or less and ETA movements.. in my opinion way overpriced for essentially a different case with off the shelf movements..so bargain hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve got 2 bremont from different ad 30% off my s301 and 35% of my wife solo 32. Call around and make some offers to online retailers. Some one will bite if they have it in stock. Cash flow is key in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Got the chance to buy the limited edition Venom watch as worn by a certain actor - Tom Hardy, quite a favourite with the ladies it seems. Would come from a Bremont main dealer. What, if any, discount would be realistic? I've never bought a Bremont before.

Would love one of these. Please post picstures if you go ahead, be great to see some real life pics.

Before the swarm of detractors dive in, it's not that easy to price the limited edition Bremont's.

I suspect that given the provenance (if it is provable) then this might even command a premium above list. I know it's not what you want to hear as a buyer!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Before the swarm of detractors dive in, it's not that easy to price the limited edition Bremont's.

I suspect that given the provenance (if it is provable) then this might even command a premium above list. I know it's not what you want to hear as a buyer!.
    Well, it's coming from a Bremont AD. Just wondering if I can expect something off list.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Well, it's coming from a Bremont AD. Just wondering if I can expect something off list.

Is it the 'actual' film watch?

If not and it's a regular production for this year as opposed to the true limited edition stuff, then yes I would expect a discount.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 1st December 2018 at 20:50.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Understood the OP to mean the U2/51-Jet production watch retailing at £3995. I read Tom Hardy wore his own watch for the film, or one given to him.

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    Understood the OP to mean the U2/51-Jet production watch retailing at £3995. I read Tom Hardy wore his own watch for the film, or one given to him.
    Yes, that's the one.

Been researching this a bit more this evening. I don't think the watch is a limited edition.

Is 20% or more really possible on a Bremont? I thought it was harder to get these days?

Craftsman
    If you walk away.. it gets easier and usually more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    If you walk away.. it gets easier and usually more!!

Always liked the Bremont solo 37mm never thought over 20% was possible though!

Craftsman
    Bought a solo from Beaverbrooks for 1700.. only three months ago..thats 1150
    Off list.. so yes 20 is doable.. there is a small AD in Chester who are open to doing deals

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is 20% or more really possible on a Bremont? I thought it was harder to get these days?
    Generally speaking, I’ve only seen the deep discounts when AD’s are discontinuing their relationship with Bremont, and of course the occasional Jura sale. In both cases of course, the choice of watches is restricted.

I’d be interested to hear real evidence of buyers walking into regular AD’s and walking out with current watches at 25% or more discount as a routine transaction.

I tried one of these on last week before I bought the Supermarine- it was certainly being sold to me as a limited edition. Didn't really make any difference anyway as I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Generally speaking, I’ve only seen the deep discounts when AD’s are discontinuing their relationship with Bremont, and of course the occasional Jura sale. In both cases of course, the choice of watches is restricted.

I’d be interested to hear real evidence of buyers walking into regular AD’s and walking out with current watches at 25% or more discount as a routine transaction.
    To be honest thats what I thought. I have seen quite a few Bremont discounts and sales but they seem to be the hard to shift stuff or ending dealership. The solo on deep discount seems to be the larger version I am looking for the 37mm one which doesnt seem to drop in price much. Anyway, sent a PM so will see if there is an AD out there willing to make a deal.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I didn’t think the u2 Jet was limited

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I didn’t think the u2 Jet was limited
    It's not but demand has been outstripping supply due to its popularity.

Craftsman
    All i managed to get was 12% off a bremont airco during black friday sales at Chisholm hunter. 15% may be possible.

"Limited edition" with a pimped-up ETA movement? Where is the value?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    All i managed to get was 12% off a bremont airco during black friday sales at Chisholm hunter. 15% may be possible.
    I got 15% off a few years ago on my Brenont Alt 1 WT from Chisholm Hunter so that ir more is possible.