closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trip to the Breitling Store Bond Street (picture heavy!)

Trip to the Breitling Store Bond Street (picture heavy!)

A good friend of mine is mad of his Breitlings and was given the chance to grab the new Super Ocean 44mm with yellow dial and black bezel. Among the first to come to the UK. We set off on a day trip to London.

Had a good nosey around the many watch store and hear are my favourites from the day.

First called in the IWC store. Never been a fan of this brand. Opinions are there to be changed! Tried these two stunners on and was massively impressed, the blue dial is now firmly on the radar for a not too distant purchase

My thoughts was the blue swapped to the tan strap giving it a look like below. Loved the watch and the dial just popped in different light

Next we moved on to the Bulgari shop. Again a brand I’ve never tried and had little to no knowledge on. Tried a few with out being too taken until this one. Saw this as a perfect summer watch and was massively impressed, loved the heft it had and the look just hit me. But at £11k for a shorts and T-shirt watch... not just yet!

Next we moved to Panerai with the intention of picking up a strap for my Pam, didn’t do but have these two in mind for the Pam in the not to distant future

Anyway! Then it was onto the main event for my friend. Onto the Breitling store. The staff was amazing mega helpful and knowledgeable and very chatty. We enjoyed a beer while my friend was sorted with the options wanted and the rubber strap was fitted. All the time we was waiting the staff was bringing and watch we was interested in looking at over to us to try and for us to photo. My friend is on the Breitling fb owners page and they was mega into us taking pictures and posting the day on the fb page.

So the pictures.
    I had to try the Emergency wow, what a piece. Just stupidly huge! Loved it. But for me never be anywhere near pulling it off!

Then the Navitimer this combination just hit me and stunning. Big fan of this and will be looking to add this soon!

So, that was it watch bought experience was amazing. We are walking away looking for a beer and bite to eat when we see the PP store couldn’t not go in. There in the window is my ultimate end fame watch. My perfect two watch collection would have this piece below and my Sub. I just had to try it on! Again the man in the store was amazing! I made it clear I wanted this watch but it was many many year in the future before I could spend this sum. He was friendly, passionate and a throughly interesting chat.

So we went all that way for what....

I like it a lot, my friend is over the moon with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by woodacre1983; 29th August 2019 at 22:37.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the story and pics!

My friend wants the blue navitimer (he’s currently borrowing mine, so I’m keen to help his acquisition!) - do you know what discounts they offer?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a fun watch day out. :-)

Sounds like a great day ,I think the emergency has been spoiled due to its size ,I had an older yellow dial which was great ,tried a new one on but way too big ,and I’ve got some 47mm pams .

Blog Entries
    Maybe check how to hyperlink your URLs all I am getting is links? New Bond St is superb for watch browsing.

That Patek is beautiful. What's the reference number for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Maybe check how to hyperlink your URLs all I am getting is links? New Bond St is superb for watch browsing.
    Yep my fault. Sorry I’ve hopefully fixed them now.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    That Patek is beautiful. What's the reference number for that one?
    From what I remember that is the 5496R simply stunning.

I'm not really on the same page with most of the watches you tried, but the yellow Breitling diver looks good, now off to check the website.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Some great pictures there and sounds like a good day out!

Really liking the IWCs and the PAM (both brands on my radar for a while), however strangely attracted to the Bulgari!

Craftsman
    Some great pictures- and the well earned beer. The Breitling Emergency has three metal circles on the side, which looks like a cahrge point on new smart watches- I take its more to do with a fitted altimeter?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchaddict View Post
    Some great pictures- and the well earned beer. The Breitling Emergency has three metal circles on the side, which looks like a cahrge point on new smart watches- I take its more to do with a fitted altimeter?
    No no it is a charging port.....and used for testing. Check out this very complete and interesting review of this completely mental and real emergency equipment. https://www.ablogtowatch.com/breitli...-watch-review/

I don't really like the modern Breitlings I used to adore the older Navitimers and Pilot watches from the 1980/90's . I am just an old fogey sorry to butt in but when I glanced at those leather strap models I couldn't recognise the brand anymore

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I was there a few weeks ago with a friend who collected a new Emergency (which is, as mentioned already, huge!). Really enjoyed it and we were very well looked after!

I particularly liked the Swissair Navitimer

I am just getting actual Breitling watches images now I am sorry that what was shown confused me some what hence your statement "picture heavy" Nice blue Navitimers love that one

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A fun trip. Thanks for sharing.

I do like that blue Navitimer.

I concur about the staff in the Breitling store. I dealt with Dan, who was very helpful when choosing a strap for my Emergency. Next time it needs a service I’ll take it there, instead of the local Breitling AD.