closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Adding to my purchase delay by now adding a Rokboxx into the mix vs a Koda 16, am still erring towards the Koda but given the price it seems prudent to carry on the research.

Why cant I just buy something vs research and then something new comes along & have to start again / move price points!
    I’m in the same boat! Also trying to justify the purchase with the OH!

Anyone cooked anything else apart from pizza in these?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_li30 View Post
    I’m in the same boat! Also trying to justify the purchase with the OH!

Anyone cooked anything else apart from pizza in these?
    I've got a roccbox and I really like it. Its very solid and portable ish, (well it weighs about 25kg so yes you can bring it from the garage to the house but I wouldn't want to carry it to the beach!). I've only used it on gas as it works well and when I use it I tend not to have the time to mess about or for it to take ages to heat up. I will try the wood burner at some point mind.
    The claims are a bit optimistic as it takes a good 30 mins to get to 400 degrees from cold. Once hot it stays hot, I cook 2 or 3 and then turn it right down to eat and coe back maybe 20/30 mins later and its fine. Occasionally I switch it off and it then takes about 10 mins to get back up to cooking temp after up to an hour off.
    Results are great on the whole and the limit is me not the oven. Sticking bases on launch are the biggest issue so the balance between enough flour on the peel for it not to stcik but not get that burnt flour taste on the bottom is quite hard. I'm tempted by a wooden launch peel but can't help feleing it's going to get a bit charred!
    I use this dough recipe from the pizza forum and it seems to work pretty well, if a little longwionded as you make it 48 hrs ahead of time, so Thurs for a Sat meal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua63...ature=emb_logo
    Anyway there are 5 bases in balls for tonight so looking forward to that.
    David

ETA there are loads of receipes on gozneys site for things other than pizza. <ade donuts which were pretty good as well as meatball marinara which again work well. These are both pizza dough based receipes mind.