closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hall To Fight Thor 7 Figure Signed Contract

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Can’t view the link for some reason, but I did see Thor pull 501kg yesterday.
    Hate to say it, in his own gym with no one able to really call it, I don't really think it can be considered a world record.

Not saying it is impossible, just that I don't quite trust it.

Agree, it looked to be a tremendous feat, but to count as a world record it has to be in an official competition. I'm of the 'old school' anyway where straps shouldn't really be allowed for it to be a 'proper' record.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post
    Hate to say it, in his own gym with no one able to really call it, I don't really think it can be considered a world record.

Not saying it is impossible, just that I don't quite trust it.
    I do understand, but Thor did say he was going to attempt it in Bahrain but couldn’t because of the pandemic.

Social distancing was the main reason quoted for doing it at his own gym - many different thoughts on that.

There is no real governing body to monitor powerlifting like this, but it was done using a standard deadlift bar and calibrated plates, with ESPN and some other powerlifting body (can’t remember the name) present.

Conspiracy theories are all the rage now but I like to think it was clean and would like to see him add another 10-20kg.