closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These Rolex replicas are getting convincing...Pepsi Content

Is it ok to wear a fake watch though as long as it’s not a Rolex! Asking for a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Apparent someone who lives in a Persimmon house with a car loan is aswell!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    I've been in Persimmon homes...but only to plaster them.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post

Master
    Apparently it’s only the plaster that keeps them standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    What is it with Rolex that is so polarising to people. There are good people who wear Rolex and live on a council estate There are bad people who live in expensive houses. I would have hoped that the pandemic would have encouraged people to be nice to others on here. It’s all just possessions. You have them while you are here and when you dead it doesn’t matter. Judge the person on who they are not what they own.
    Good points. When I started university I also had a full time job with Royal Mail as a postman. I have literally walked to every house in Exeter.. and most multiple times.

In my experience most people living in council houses or estates were friendly or at least would say hello and say thanks. Not everyone but most. I can’t say the same was true for owners or some of the bigger more expensive areas in the city. Once again, not true for everybody.

Don’t get me wrong... some of the areas were ‘ rough’. I recall going up a flight of stairs at a set of council flats and could hear a fight going on as I walked up past the second floor. As I created the landing the two kind gentlemen involved in some jujitsu rolling around skerfuffle stopped... said hi... and continued after I walked past. Can’t say I ever saw that in the more leafy areas.

Nonetheless, my experiences told me to take people at face value... if they are nice to me I would nice to them... I learned not to judge through stereotypes.

Later on in my professional life I learned about many of the variables that keep people in council housing areas. It is certainly a lot more complex than a cursory glance will unpick. If it were as easy as ... why not just get a job and then move someplace else or learn to do a b or c... I don’t think we would have some of the socio-economic and demographic disparities that we see.

Anyhow... Fake watches are perhaps in my opinion not as dangerous as applying negative stereotypes can be.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Good points. When I started university I also had a full time job with Royal Mail as a postman. I have literally walked to every house in Exeter.. and most multiple times.

In my experience most people living in council houses or estates were friendly or at least would say hello and say thanks. Not everyone but most. I can’t say the same was true for owners or some of the bigger more expensive areas in the city. Once again, not true for everybody.

Don’t get me wrong... some of the areas were ‘ rough’. I recall going up a flight of stairs at a set of council flats and could hear a fight going on as I walked up past the second floor. As I created the landing the two kind gentlemen involved in some jujitsu rolling around skerfuffle stopped... said hi... and continued after I walked past. Can’t say I ever saw that in the more leafy areas.

Nonetheless, my experiences told me to take people at face value... if they are nice to me I would nice to them... I learned not to judge through stereotypes.

Later on in my professional life I learned about many of the variables that keep people in council housing areas. It is certainly a lot more complex than a cursory glance will unpick. If it were as easy as ... why not just get a job and then move someplace else or learn to do a b or c... I don’t think we would have some of the socio-economic and demographic disparities that we see.

Anyhow... Fake watches are perhaps in my opinion not as dangerous as applying negative stereotypes can be.
    The same for me many years ago as a paperboy. The rows of terraced houses opening onto the pavement were where the friendliest people were, and the Christmas tips. The big houses half a mile down a lane, hardly saw anyone and if you did they didn't speak, and no tips.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Apparently it’s only the plaster that keeps them standing.
    And we did it in one thin coat to make the mix stretch!

And we did it in one thin coat to make the mix stretch!
    A one coat wonder , wow I hope your joking I’m a plasterer

Craftsman
    I wouldn’t want to look like the chav who lives on a Persimmon estate, has a BMW he got on PCP and who has just returned from Disneyland, Florida. Chances are he’s about to ask the bank for a mortgage break and wants to cancel his PCP contract. When the bank finally evicts him no doubt he’ll be after a council house.
    What is so bad about Persimmon houses and BMWs?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Persimmon are renowned for low standards and poor customer care. I suppose I could have mentioned any other make of car. But I was generalising, just like the guy who made the quip about people on council estates holidaying in Turkey and buying fake watches.

Journeyman
    who has just returned from Disneyland, Florida
    is that a replica Disneyland? The real one is in Anaheim, California.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    is that a replica Disneyland? The real one is in Anaheim, California.

Well, every day’s a school day. Have you been there?

Journeyman
    Well, every day’s a school day. Have you been there?
    Nope just Disneyworld but I'm from the US so it's not much of a flex. Space Mountain was way too scary for me, though in fairness I was much younger at the time (barely 36)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    A one coat wonder , wow I hope your joking I’m a plasterer
    Yes, a joke.
    'you're'.

Journeyman
    I told a man today in the park that my watch was fake and I picked it up in Turkey for £300 Euros.

I cannot be sure if he lived on a council estate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    I told a man today in the park that my watch was fake and I picked it up in Turkey for £300 Euros.

I cannot be sure if he lived on a council estate.
    I thought it looked real and was impressed, but was a little concerned when you approached me.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    I simply had to share my fake Rolex as no one else is interested in my watch

Master
    I think by now the OP has fully received the message that we all think he is a cheap third rate bum trying to impress other idiots that he is super cool by wearing a Rolex.

Yes he is a chav and yes he has no dignity, no self respect and certainly no shame and that he belongs to the sewers full of s***, but I think it's time we give it a rest. He must have got the message by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I think by now the OP has fully received the message that we all think he is a cheap third rate bum trying to impress other idiots that he is super cool by wearing a Rolex.

Yes he is a chav and yes he has no dignity, no self respect and certainly no shame and that he belongs to the sewers full of s***, but I think it's time we give it a rest. He must have got the message by now.
    I think you might have missed the subtlety in the OP.
    I think you also miss the irony of putting your 2p in and then telling everyone to stop.

One reason I won’t buy Rolex, why pay thousands to look like some guy from a council estate who just got back from turkey
    I think that sums up the snobbery exactly regarding Rolex "Look at me I have a Rolex and I have made it in life" How sad and yet it is so true.

Master
    Ugh...what an unsavoury thread

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Some of the comments are an absolute embarrassment. Pathetic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Some of the comments are an absolute embarrassment. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    This thread / forum is completely tame compared to another (car) forum that I’m on! Things have gone properly mental over there!

Craftsman
    What have I just read? I thought this was going to about fake Rolexs, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I think that sums up the snobbery exactly regarding Rolex "Look at me I have a Rolex and I have made it in life" How sad and yet it is so true.

(joke!)

Yep, especially when they pay way over the odds just to get a current model. Very sad indeed.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I should have called this thread rolex owners are the scum of the earth.

And on that note here’s another meme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    Can we stop calling these things replicas and call them what they are?
    Fake or Counterfeit
    Here here.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    I should have called this thread rolex owners are the scum of the earth.

And on that note here’s another meme.

Lol i’m guilty of such daft shennigans https://www.instagram.com/p/BrpvrCanL5b

At least they’e a tad more fun that watches and steering wheels.

Master
    Do ‘Council estates’ still exist? I thought they’d all been grabbed by housing associations.
    I was brought-up on a council estate and it was a nice place to live. Not too keen on the denigration of people who live in rented places. I mean,why not?
    As for Rolex, _it depends on the wearer, rather than the watch.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It is so true that you've made it?
    If you're putting your self esteem into what you wear on your wrist, or indeed what others wear then perhaps its time for a nap. They're rather good for waking up without a tired perspective.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Do ‘Council estates’ still exist? I thought they’d all been grabbed by housing associations.
    I was brought-up on a council estate and it was a nice place to live. Not too keen on the denigration of people who live in rented places. I mean,why not?
    As for Rolex, _it depends on the wearer, rather than the watch.
    Aye, council estates still exist. Some councils transferred their stock to housing associations or have even created their own housing associations, whilst others decided to retain the bulk of their housing stock. In recent years a number of councils have been able to build new homes for rent, albeit these are usually small developments.

Wow, what an fountain of knowledge this thread has become. We have learnt

Fakes are bad.
    This Rolex copy is particularly bad fake. No sh*t.
    Fakes come from Turkey
    That Turkey is still like a film made in the 70’s.
    Fakes are purchased by people who reside on council estates
    That people who lives on a council estate are chavs or some other sort of undesirable.
    That people who have a BMW buy cars using Lease Plan
    That people who buy Rolex do so in order to impress people or that some people actually think that people who buy Rolex only do so in order to impress people.
    That Rolex owners are chavs/snobs.

The level of stupid on show here is breath taking.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Fakes are bad.
    Fakes come from Turkey
    That people who lives on a council estate are chavs or some other sort of undesirable.
    That people who buy Rolex do so in order to impress people or that some people actually think that people who buy Rolex only do so in order to impress people.

Bravo,Andy. Agree 100%.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Fakes are bad.
    Fakes come from Turkey

ı am a turkish citizen.live in turkey ı travelled in uk every two years ı love london specıally museums and. ı own and worn rolex explorer
    Sorry for my bad english if you read me but ı am very unpleased your mentıoned my country about fake rolex which we tought same but only we tought in china :)))))

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TURGUT View Post
    ı am a turkish citizen.live in turkey ı travelled in uk every two years ı love london specıally museums and. ı own and worn rolex explorer
    Sorry for my bad english if you read me but ı am very unpleased your mentıoned my country about fake rolex which we tought same but only we tought in china :)))))
    Turkey has great history and culture, most educated people know this.

Quote Originally Posted by TURGUT View Post
    For clarity, fake watches are manufactured mostly in the Far East, not just China, (with some small exceptions), they are however sold thought out the world with a click of mouse button. The only reason for mentioning Turkey was it was previously mentioned in the thread (#11). Plus those sold in Bodrum, for example, were of a much higher quality than the one shown . The one shown looked like if might have sold in Egypt

Personally I love Turkey and holidayed in both Gocek and Torba during the last couple of years. Looking forward to going back.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

High-quality replica, no doubt. Just look at those amazing lume dots. It's 100% filled. /sarcasm

One reason I won’t buy Rolex, why pay thousands to look like some guy from a council estate who just got back from turkey
    Best post on here