closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Am I crazy or sick?

Journeyman

Am I crazy or sick?

I have more than 35 watches so far, of witch 3 G-Shock and 1 Pro Trek. I had a crash on Mud-Master so I start searching one... I had an WTB topic for it, 1 attempt to buy it from ebay (but the seller didn't want to use paypal, just one feedback in 5 years... i was afraid to pull the trigger)... During my search I found (here) another G-Shock beautiful enough to catch my eye: GPW-1000 Gravitymaster. Short story: I bought it. Very nice, very pleased with it. I thought that this is it, the Mudmaster will be replaced with this Gravitymaster and that would be all.
    WRONG!!! Yesterday I found the desired Mudmaster (on another forum, not here) and suddenly the itching has begun. 2 voices start to fight in my head:

The Wise: you don't need another G-Shock... you just bought yourself one few days ago
    The Devil: yes, but is the Mudmaster
    The Wise: you already have an GWN-1000 Gulfmaster with triple sensor, an Gravitymaster hybrid (with GPS & Radio sync), another Gravitymaster GW-3000M-4AER, the 35 anniversary (G-Shock GMWB5000D)... What is the point to have another triple sensor if you already have one?
    The Wise: where will you use it? You don't go anywhere more than 1-2 km from your car (when you go out in the nature)
    and so on... the voices keep talking in my head for some time, until one of them finally manage to win with a pretty convincing argument:

So I pulled the trigger for it. Now I will have 5 G-Shocks...
    Last edited by kumm2004; 1st June 2020 at 17:33.

my conclusion both are true and the cure will only occur when your bank account is empty...

Blog Entries
    There is no logic to this game.

Master
    Yes, I concur. You are both...

Journeyman
    Waiting for Mudmaster

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kumm2004 View Post
    I have more than 35 watches so far, of witch 3 G-Shock and 1 Pro Trek. I had a crash on Mud-Master so I start searching one... I had an WTB topic for it, 1 attempt to buy it from ebay (but the seller didn't want to use paypal, just one feedback in 5 years... i was afraid to pull the trigger)... During my search I found (here) another G-Shock beautiful enough to catch my eye: GPW-1000 Gravitymaster. Short story: I bought it. Very nice, very pleased with it. I thought that this is it, the Mudmaster will be replaced with this Gravitymaster and that would be all.
    WRONG!!! Yesterday I found the desired Mudmaster (on another forum, not here) and suddenly the itching has begun. 2 voices start to fight in my head:

The Wise: you don't need another G-Shock... you just bought yourself one few days ago
    The Wise: you already have an GWN-1000 Gulfmaster with triple sensor, an Gravitymaster hybrid (with GPS & Radio sync), another Gravitymaster GW-3000M-4AER, the 35 anniversary (G-Shock GMWB5000D)... What is the point to have another triple sensor if you already have one?
    The Wise: where will you use it? You don't go anywhere more than 1-2 km from your car (when you go out in the nature)
    and so on... the voices keep talking in my head for some time, until one of them finally manage to win with a pretty convincing argument:

So I pulled the trigger for it. Now I will have 5 G-Shocks...
    Not good! Odd numbers are unlucky. You need to buy one more!

Craftsman
    Definitely not crazy, as you were clearly sane enough (at least at some point anyway!) to buy the excellent Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Journeyman
    Yea... I drooled for him about one year before I convinced myself that I REALLY NEED IT. I've paid a lot for it, since I couldn't find one used so I had to buy it new from Japan (custom fees as well). But I don't feel sorry for this... it is very beautiful in its simplicity.

Not sure your options are exclusive. Is it possible you're crazy and sick?

At least you have another watch to divert yourself from conversations with the Devil.

Master
    Mihai, glad you're enjoying the GPW (gutted I had to sell it as it's a great watch). This watch collection marlakey is crazy, buy one then start hunting for the next.....then repeat. The GPW and the Mudmaster are different enough that you need both😁 I've owned the Mudmaster as well and it's a beast of a watch. Photos please once received.

Hope you're keeping well mate👍

Journeyman
    Thanks again Toddy for the entire experience. I will update my SOTC as soon as I will receive the Mudmaster (a lot of pictures included).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    The GPW and the Mudmaster are different enough that you need both
    I will tell this to The Wise from my head, to have an extra argument in his debate with The Devil :D

The problem with insanity is it’s so ******* expensive! As long as you don’t have as many wife’s as you have G Shocks....wife’s don’t last as long, and cost a fortune to trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The problem with insanity is it’s so ******* expensive! As long as you don’t have as many wife’s as you have G Shocks....wife’s don’t last as long, and cost a fortune to trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wise words indeed

Journeyman
    Fortunately I have only one wife. She is very expensive though...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Not good! Odd numbers are unlucky. You need to buy one more!
    But then you'll end up with six. Which is one short of one for every day of the week.......

Sorry OP, this isn't helping is it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    But then you'll end up with six. Which is one short of one for every day of the week.......

Sorry OP, this isn't helping is it?

Journeyman
    It's finally here