closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Detailed pics of the IWC 3536 Ti's velcro strap please

Blog Entries

Detailed pics of the IWC 3536 Ti's velcro strap please

I recently bought an Omega velcro strap from a fellow forumite. For the first time since I started collecting watches, my wife was not impressed when I told her the price (normally no problem). She's very skilled when it comes to using a sewing machine and she told me that the whole item would have costed Omega almost nothing to have this produced.

So I asked her "Can you make me one?" And she replied with "When you give me the parts, I will see what I can do!" So, here I am. Looking for parts and...

... that's where the 3536's velcro straps comes in. I know that it has it's own special end-piece but it's more about the quality of the material!

• Is there a layer of (let's call it 'tactical') material on top/outside of velcro part?
    • Is it basically a two-layer: one velcro layer and sewn and or glued on top? Or is it a one-layer
    • Is it all the way - from the end-piece to the rounded end of the strap (On an Omega strap, only the last 5cm are)
    • What do you think is the source of the 'tactical' material? Any suggestions?
    • The loop: any idea where I can source a A-grade metal loop?

I really would like to see pics!! Close-ups when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I recently bought an Omega velcro strap from a fellow forumite. For the first time since I started collecting watches, my wife was not impressed when I told her the price (normally no problem). She's very skilled when it comes to using a sewing machine and she told me that the whole item would have costed Omega almost nothing to have this produced.

So I asked her "Can you make me one?" And she replied with "When you give me the parts, I will see what I can do!" So, here I am. Looking for parts and...

... that's where the 3536's velcro straps comes in. I know that it has it's own special end-piece but it's more about the quality of the material!

• Is there a layer of (let's call it 'tactical') material on top/outside of velcro part?
    • Is it basically a two-layer: one velcro layer and sewn and or glued on top? Or is it a one-layer
    • Is it all the way - from the end-piece to the rounded end of the strap (On an Omega strap, only the last 5cm are)

Here's an old sales post with some pictures which might help.
    https://forums.timezone.com/index.ph...=7485328&rid=0
    I've got one tucked away somewhere - I'll see if I can find it and get some pics & info.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Here's an old sales post with some pictures which might help.
    https://forums.timezone.com/index.ph...=7485328&rid=0
    I've got one tucked away somewhere - I'll see if I can find it and get some pics & info.
    Once I found my straps I realised that the Velcro ones are actually for the Ocean 2000 and not the 3536.
    I took some pics anyway as the construction might be the same or at least similar. Hope they help.
    To answer specific questions, it is of two layer construction, in three parts - hook and loops (both elements of Velcro) on one side and 'strap' on the other side - all are stitched together.
    I can't help with a source for the materials.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! The to-layer looks to be a cordura-style material. Or material that's used on a backpack.

If it helps, here's a pic of a GasGasBones reproduction of the Ocean Bund short strap. It's nylon webbing. Shown with the long Bund strap. The GGB's materials and sewing quality are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post

If it helps, here's a pic of a GasGasBones reproduction of the Ocean Bund short strap. It's nylon webbing. Shown with the long Bund strap. The GGB's materials and sewing quality are excellent.
    The IWC one is robust and I guess the GasGasBones is equally, but the latter looks superior.

I've been doing some rooting around in boxes and stuff and I found the Velcro straps for my 3536s - I was sure that IWC did make them for that range of watches
    If you still need pictures/measurements I will get them to you.