closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC 3521 Value

IWC 3521 Value

Hi guys,

I am considering selling my lovely IWC 3521 as its just sat in the drawer, and does not get worn much, if at all now. It has a forum history, if not with its box/papers.

I'm not that sure on value for it, as they don't seem to come up that often for sale, other than on Chrono24 which the current prices seem rather optimistic...
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/index.htm?dosearch=true&manufacturerIds=124&maxAge InDays=0&onlyDealerAds=false&pageSize=60&priceFrom =0&priceTo=-1&redirectToSearchIndex=true&referenceNumber=iw352 1$124&sortorder=0

Should I be aiming for around half those dealer/Chrono24 prices?

IWC 3521 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Craftsman

No expert on IWC watches but,

listing at -50% would be selling yourself short. I do believe prices on chrono24 are higher then prices on watch forums (seller also needs to pay 6% on fees). I have been noticing that watches from Japan are priced very competitively on brands I do have more knowledge on (on your IWC as well), so maybe you could use that as a guide.

Guillermo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by torromoto View Post
    listing at -50% would be selling yourself short. I do believe prices on chrono24 are higher then prices on watch forums (seller also needs to pay 6% on fees). I have been noticing that watches from Japan are priced very competitively on brands I do have more knowledge on (on your IWC as well), so maybe you could use that as a guide.

Guillermo
    Add 20% on Japanese prices for import Vat. That’s your final purchase price + clearance/handling fee of c£25.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Half those price might be a little mean, depending on condition, box, papers, etc.

There have been several that have sold on the SC here,

https://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=22557282

And I think that, if the price started with a "1", it would get snapped up. £1950, something like that? If it has forum history, what did it last sell for?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    Hi guys,

I am considering selling my lovely IWC 3521 as its just sat in the drawer, and does not get worn much, if at all now. It has a forum history, if not with its box/papers.

I'm not that sure on value for it, as they don't seem to come up that often for sale, other than on Chrono24 which the current prices seem rather optimistic...
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/index.htm?dosearch=true&manufacturerIds=124&maxAge InDays=0&onlyDealerAds=false&pageSize=60&priceFrom =0&priceTo=-1&redirectToSearchIndex=true&referenceNumber=iw352 1$124&sortorder=0

Should I be aiming for around half those dealer/Chrono24 prices?

IWC 3521 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr
    I don’t k ow about value but that’s a really tasty watch. Totally not my usual thing but it’s really handsome. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Half those price might be a little mean, depending on condition, box, papers, etc.

There have been several that have sold on the SC here,

https://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=22557282

And I think that, if the price started with a "1", it would get snapped up. £1950, something like that? If it has forum history, what did it last sell for?
    Yes it has forum history. I think this may have been my watch a few years ago.
    I purchased it from a forum member and sold it on to another, though not the current owner I think.
    Can’t be sure of the price- possibly around £1500, but can’t be sure.
    I often regretted selling it, but it was a little small for me, but they’re very underrated with the JLC movement and increasingly rare watch, so I’m not surprised that prices are rising.
    Last edited by klunk; 11th October 2020 at 09:30.

Craftsman
    I think that this might have been my watch that I sold on previously.
    It’s one of those that you regret selling.
    I too am not surprised by the increase in value that they seem to be commanding.
    If it were to become available again at under £2K I’d be first in the queue to snap it up.