TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What about the original Tudor Heritage Black Bay?>>>

What about the original Tudor Heritage Black Bay?>>>

Now it is 8 years since I've got it.

Click here to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post

Click here to find out
    Fabulous photographs as always Jocke. How much did the bracelet cost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post

Sorry I don't remember, i've got it 8 years ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post

I think the bracelet for the black bay is around £450 - £550 at least it was about 2 years ago.

Funny thing is mine is still in the plastic too!

Unbelievable photos! The lacquered box is so much better than the Tudor boxes nowadays:)

That leather strap is beautiful. I had stopped lusting after a bb. Now I really want one again

Good watch!
    Had a couple and can see me having another!

Quote Originally Posted by Jocke View Post

Click here to find out
    Great photos thank you. Are those aftermarket endlinks that you've used with the strap? Looks really good.

One of my favourites, picked-up new for a steal a few years back.

For me, it’s a watch that’s all about appreciation of the small, subtle details (a consideration that seems largely absent in the other ‘getting the same for less’ thread currently running): the curved, eggshell-texture dial with intaglio-like raised gilt printing; the box & domed sapphire crystal; the superb rotating action of the bezel with ‘hard stop’ detent at 12 o’clock; densely woven fabric strap; the way the polished case chamfers contrast with the brushed case upper etc.

Arguably one of the most influential new watch releases in recent times too, considering how the Black Bay iterations are in large part the bedrock upon which Tudor’s resurgence has been built.

Love it.

Craftsman
    Great photo's and thread.........I bought one in the USA, before Tudor were sold in the UK.....I sold it two years ago and have regretted it ever since......this thread reminds me why!

I love mine - rarely wear it though as I use it as my "going out watch". Also got mine on the leather in 2018 as didn't like the rivet bracelet.

Blackbay is my Sunday watch. Roll on sunday!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    I love mine - rarely wear it though as I use it as my "going out watch". Also got mine on the leather in 2018 as didn't like the rivet bracelet.

I agree, this is one on my to buy purchase list and for the same reason as you I would choose the strap version. Not a fan of the rivet bracket either.

Craftsman
    Stunning pictures!

I bought a BB back in 2016 and foolishly sold it a few years later as I entered a different phase of collecting. I regretted it within a few months and tried the BB GMT but never gelled with it as much so sold that as well.

I'd been hankering after another BB and was surprised to receive one on Christmas from my wife and kids. Hopefully this one will never leave and I am really enjoying having one back again!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    One of my favourites, picked-up new for a steal a few years back.

For me, it’s a watch that’s all about appreciation of the small, subtle details (a consideration that seems largely absent in the other ‘getting the same for less’ thread currently running): the curved, eggshell-texture dial with intaglio-like raised gilt printing; the box & domed sapphire crystal; the superb rotating action of the bezel with ‘hard stop’ detent at 12 o’clock; densely woven fabric strap; the way the polished case chamfers contrast with the brushed case upper etc.

Arguably one of the most influential new watch releases in recent times too, considering how the Black Bay iterations are in large part the bedrock upon which Tudor’s resurgence has been built.

Love it.
    So this thread, the OP's photos & this specific post have resulted in me placing a fairly urgent WTB for a Black Bay with a black bezel this very evening.

If anyone is looking to move one on, I'd be delighted to give you a bunch of cold, hard cash in exchange.

Journeyman

I wasn’t a fan of the rivets at first but they’ve really grown on me. The clasp is really well made.
    The leather is great too

Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    So this thread, the OP's photos & this specific post have resulted in me placing a fairly urgent WTB for a Black Bay with a black bezel this very evening.

If anyone is looking to move one on, I'd be delighted to give you a bunch of cold, hard cash in exchange.
    Good luck with the hunt

It’s a watch I deliberated for a while on - ‘only’ an ETA, another Diver - but the sheer charisma won me over, and I still love it.

It has a sense of fun & character that’s lacking in many watches.

What about the original Tudor Heritage Black Bay?>>>

I had the same watch as the OP when it first came out. Rose and smily face dial with the thinner case.

For me, it’s streets ahead of the current in-house version and I wish I hadn’t let it go. Like others, have tried other BBs since (including the GMT with chamfered case) and they’re just too thick and don’t work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Looks completely unworn Jocke. Is the intention to keep it as a safe queen for years to come?

Must say, mine didn’t fair so well wearing it as an everyday watch. I look after my watches and it looked rather well worn after 2 years.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Stunning pictures!

I bought a BB back in 2016 and foolishly sold it a few years later as I entered a different phase of collecting. I regretted it within a few months and tried the BB GMT but never gelled with it as much so sold that as well.

I'd been hankering after another BB and was surprised to receive one on Christmas from my wife and kids. Hopefully this one will never leave and I am really enjoying having one back again!

Lovely picture, not helping my current BB-less predicament one bit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post

I had the black bezel version, always wished I had gone for the burgundy instead as I’m pretty sure it would still be in my collection if so. Looks great on you and in really good condition.

I think I prefer the original BB over the 58 as the 58 just felt too small, which is odd as with my just under 7 inch wrists I’d have thought it was a perfect size. Lasted about 2 hours before I arranged to return the 58!

OT: Odd that the 58 felt too small and toy is having, yet my DJ36 feels perfect.