closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 123 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,150 of 8886

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Looks like a stonk you should short then Raffe. Good luck.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    Why would I? Shitcos are in huge demand, go ahead and buy.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Why would I? Shitcos are in huge demand, go ahead and buy.
    LOLZ you know it.. Even you bought the ultimate 'shitco' Tezzla (and were so pleased with your 6% gainz).

I've taken out my initial capital in ARB above 270p so I won't cry even if it goes to zero, but something tells me - like bitcoin - it has more chance of tripling from here than going to zero.

Anyways, it's really a shame that for someone with your intellect you cannot overcome your pride and hatred of bitcoin - I fear it will come back to haunt you, as well as the lost opportunity for many others on this forum that regard and follow your opinion so highly.

LOLZ you know it.. Even you bought the ultimate 'shitco' Tezzla (and were so pleased with your 6% gainz).

I've taken out my initial capital in ARB above 270p so I won't cry even if it goes to zero, but something tells me - like bitcoin - it has more chance of tripling from here than going to zero.

Anyways, it's really a shame that for someone with your intellect you cannot overcome your pride and hatred of bitcoin - I fear it will come back to haunt you, as well as the lost opportunity for many others on this forum that regard and follow your opinion so highly.

LOLZ.

The TIGR is out of its cage again......🐅

You still predicting $50 Raffe?

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    The TIGR is out of its cage again......

You still predicting $50 Raffe?
    Is even higher than where I sold ($22.15) - suppose it will run wild as long as the market is in risk-on mode. Could easily reach $50 if the market stays friendly.

Is even higher than where I sold ($22.15) - suppose it will run wild as long as the market is in risk-on mode. Could easily reach $50 if the market stays friendly.
    Hopefully it'll become a meme stonk and 10 bag.

It's certainly all over twitter if you search $TIGR

So is $CLA

Oops.

My strategy to accumulate SPACs around $10 was a half-success. Fortunately I did rather large amounts so even small movements by less than a Dollar are rewarding. I sold two of my positions yesterday (THBR, NGAC) with modest gains. I have not touched the remaining strategic shares, even if some of them bounced by almost 30% this week as I am still unsure where we are going and i want to keep some risk inside the portfolio.

I had sold my SP futues at 3,942 and 3,953 yesterday, which was close to the top (thanks jam_croissant), bought back this morning at 3,925 and 3,920 but am a bit impressed by the weakness in the Nasdaq and 10 year Bonds. Am just about to exitit that position again with a small loss (3,919 and 3,922). Rather sit and wait.

Main scenario is still for a swift return to 3,950 and eventual break for 4,000+, but there is risk for another imminent sell-off. I am trying to be prepared for both scenarios.

Be careful, volatility will remain high for some time.

**Edit: bought back into futures at market open. #BTFD.
    Last edited by Raffe; 12th March 2021 at 15:46.

It’s been interesting to learn how the 10 Yr bond rate affects the high PE value stocks, but I don’t understand what it is that drives the bond yields up and down??

Is the the tap that the government (Fed) get to adjust?

It’s been interesting to learn how the 10 Yr bond rate affects the high PE value stocks, but I don’t understand what it is that drives the bond yields up and down??

Is the the tap that the government (Fed) get to adjust?
    Exactly the same that drives equity prices up and down: people buying and selling based on their expectation where the market is heading.

From the people who brought Nikola down: Lordstown Motor.

Feeling like today is a day to do something crazy: just bought NAKD.

From the people who brought Nikola down: Lordstown Motor.
    So far, I've been disappointed with my purchase.

It's a complete shitco, why would it be worth a billion pounds? All the company and their directors have done since luck has hit them was to sell shares. First the directors benefitting themselves, then the company pounding the bagholders.

#justsayin'

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    So far, I've been disappointed with my purchase.
    You are aware that the note accuses the company of fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    #justsayin'

Heavy selling all day in London, 21 mio shares traded - then it goes up 10% the moment the LSE closes with a couple of hundred thousand volume in the US.

#goodluck #shitco

CLA changed to it new ticker today. OUST.

It is still showing as CLA on my HL platform and my holding has been showing as N/A all day, with the cash I had in it removed from my account.

They tell me it can take 24-48 hours for the UKs “Crest” system to update new tickers.

Is that normal, Raffe? Is it the same all around the world? Seems odd that the stock is showing on Yahoo Finance as OUST but not on Investing.com. It’s moved 5% today, so some people must be able to trade it.

It’d be a bit crap if one wanted to trade/buy/sell.

Master
    Heavy selling all day in London, 21 mio shares traded - then it goes up 10% the moment the LSE closes with a couple of hundred thousand volume in the US.

#goodluck #shitco
    2m traded so far on US, vs 4m total in London today. Yanks loves their #shitcos.

How are your buy the open calls and NAKD so far? Liking the 1% returns? #shitcalls

CLA changed to it new ticker today. OUST.

It is still showing as CLA on my HL platform and my holding has been showing as N/A all day, with the cash I had in it removed from my account.

They tell me it can take 24-48 hours for the UKs “Crest” system to update new tickers.

Is that normal, Raffe? Is it the same all around the world? Seems odd that the stock is showing on Yahoo Finance as OUST but not on Investing.com. It’s moved 5% today, so some people must be able to trade it.

It’d be a bit crap if one wanted to trade/buy/sell.
    Complete bonkers, why a US stock has got anything to do with CREST only HL would know. They have a shit system and are talking crap to cover it up.

2m traded so far on US, vs 4m total in London today. Yanks loves their #shitcos.

How are your buy the open calls and NAKD so far? Liking the 1% returns? #shitcalls

21.89 mio traded on the LSE* and half of the two million in the US traded while London was still open at lower prices. The 10% move was on less than 1 mio shares volume. You are welcome.

My day has been decent, nice profit so far. Best performer were my calls on Dropbox and the SP futures, but also Bluecap and a small Tesla put contributed nicely.

NAKD up 4 cents so far, it was more of a joke than a serious position. If it pops after hours, fine, otherwise I will probably close it before midnight.

* just checked volumes again. Google say 21 Mio, Yahoo says 4 Mio and the LSE says 8.4 mio. I'd guess the LSE know best.
    Last edited by Raffe; 12th March 2021 at 20:17.

Complete bonkers, why a US stock has got anything to do with CREST only HL would know. They have a shit system and are talking crap to cover it up.
    It isn't showing up anywhere else either, so to be fair, it may not be that crap.

OUST is not showing up on seeking alpha, Investing.com or others. Maybe its not showing on all the ones that use the same system as HL.

It isn't showing up anywhere else either, so to be fair, it may not be that crap.

OUST is not showing up on seeking alpha, Investing.com or others. Maybe its not showing on all the ones that use the same system as HL.

It's fine on IBKR and Yahoo. It's related to the security database they use. Somebody didn't do their job....

Trading down 6% at $11.28 right now.

Re - ARB (and your hatred of...)

I thought shares that trade on 2/3/4 different exchanges around the world were the "same" shares, so that one would open where another closed etc....?

How can you have one set of shares trading at a different price and volume to another set, when they're both representing the same company?

#lost

Re - ARB (and your hatred of...)

I thought shares that trade on 2/3/4 different exchanges around the world were the "same" shares, so that one would open where another closed etc....?

How can you have one set of shares trading at a different price and volume to another set, when they're both representing the same company?

#lost

I don't hate ARB, I just happen to think it's a pump and dump shitco. If they had options on the thing I might take a pop, but I am not shorting stocks which cost a 18% borrow rate.

Quotes on different exchanges are usually the same (at least as long you can arbitrage it, there are a few rare exceptions where there can be a gap but let's not go there now). Argo was trading the same price in the US, but when the LSE closed and the UK seller went away the share price popped. You may see the London seller return on Monday and the share will go back down or the new level establishes itself. But bear in mind volumes in the US are very low, so moves may be exaggerated. We'll see on Monday.

Trading down 6% at $11.28 right now.

Well that’s no good. It was supposed to ten bag on ticker change.

I don't hate ARB, I just happen to think it's a pump and dump shitco. If they had options on the thing I might take a pop, but I am not shorting stocks which cost a 18% borrow rate.

Quotes on different exchanges are usually the same (at least as long you can arbitrage it, there are a few rare exceptions where there can be a gap but let's not go there now). Argo was trading the same price in the US, but when the LSE closed and the UK seller went away the share price popped. You may see the London seller return on Monday and the share will go back down or the new level establishes itself. But bear in mind volumes in the US are very low, so moves may be exaggerated. We'll see on Monday.
    They need to hurry up and get on the Nasdaq. Then to moon.

Main scenario is still for a swift return to 3,950 and eventual break for 4,000+, but there is risk for another imminent sell-off. I am trying to be prepared for both scenarios.

Be careful, volatility will remain high for some time.

**Edit: bought back into futures at market open. #BTFD.
    Nice. Closing the week around yesterday's highs, just closed half of my position and leave the rest for the weekend.

Also just bought some of the 20 year treasury ETF TLT at $ 136.

New highs next week.

You are aware that the note accuses the company of fraud?
    Thanks for the tip. I'm down 45% but maybe I'll play the Hindenburg game and short it!

Morning all.

There are a few of you who are very interested in trading and I have had great discussions via PM about what it takes, starting from the technical setup to the most important: risk management, having a trading concept and not falling into traps.

My message is always: cut out the emotions, don't do binary bets, don't get married with yesterday's trades. Honestly, if you don't master these you shouldn't play as you are just supplying caital for the succesful traders.

I found this video on my Twitter feed this morning, usually I am a bit sceptical of instructional videos but this one came with recommendations from somebody who I really value, so I had a click.

Don't be put off by the early 2000's fashion and terrible tie, this guy speak truth, much more eloquent and didactic than I could ever do it. It happens to be video four of a series, which originally cost $1,000 but is free on Youtube now.

If you are serious about improving your game as a trader, spend some hours watching this. I will watch the first videos over the next days as I am sure there is lots that I can learn from him.

Here are the other videos:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTlTfQnZI
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffGX7IZ8mbc
    3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i4xPdCQ-L8
    Last edited by Raffe; 13th March 2021 at 11:49.

Excellent message. I don't have the personality for it. I have a degree, so have the brain, but I'm impulsive with an additive personality , I stay away from gambling and games consoles etc.

I pay a man to advise me and run the SIPP. Walked away from a couple of guys when transferring the final salary pension to the SIPP as I didn't get the feelz. The guy I went with was banker for 30 years and I liked his caution .

I could trade part of the SIPP but I always have another issue, weapons grade lack of patience .

Good luck to all those taking the plunge to home trading, if you know yourself well then great, good luck

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting those video links Raffe, I read with interest to what you are doing but don't think I fully understand.

Anything which improves my knowledge of trading is very welcome.

Good for you.

I am just wondering why the directors are selling like there was no tomorrow? Better send them this model before they sell more.

What are you thinking about actg now Raffe, dropped a fair bit since just discussed here but I was thinking it is a longer term punt.

https://on.ft.com/3qbr9RA

An interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    https://on.ft.com/3qbr9RA

An interesting read.
    I am following him on Twitter, he makes good arguments.

My fear is that this effect works both ways and will accelerate the selloff once it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    What are you thinking about actg now Raffe, dropped a fair bit since just discussed here but I was thinking it is a longer term punt.
    Sold mine at $6.55 on 5 march when I trimmed risk. Basically exactly where it trades now.

I think it's a relevant long term bet, but I have repositioned my portfolio for high volatility and don't want these distractions in case of a selloff. Same as for TIGR, BBIO, KOPN and some others. Most of those have traded higher than where I sold in the meantime, though not necessarily on Friday.

I’m hoping to tap into the hive mind here; for the first time, my wife and I have spare money, both monthly and yearly post bonus.

We have a mortgage but no other investments except company pensions.

I want to start investing for the long term with an aim of paying off the mortgage early.

It’s not huge amounts compared to many on here, say 5-10k to start with, approx 1k per month then maybe 10-15k once a year on top of that.

Question is where to start? I have 0 knowledge about investing. I signed up to some Hargreaves Lansdown newsletters but that’s about it! I’m happy to manage it myself and learn about it, but really not sure how to go about it and it’s probably better to do something that is managed for me in some way?

Any suggestions on how to start? Maybe just buy a Rolex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mike, welcome to the thread.

It is important to make the distinction between investing and trading, two very different things. Investing requires patience, conviction and, if you are going into single stocks, research. Since most beginners cannot do the later, I would recommend passive investing. Understand your risk profile and determine a long-term asset allocation. Another important input into your asset allocation (besides your tolerance for fluctuations) is your age and what the reason is for your investment, and if you are/will be dependent on income from it.

Here are a few self-assessment questionnaire which should help you to determine your risk tolerance and what your optimal long-term asset allocation is. Spend some time with them, and if you have questions, you can contact me.

https://www.raymondjames.com/-/media.../ips.pdf?la=en
    https://www.schwab.com/system/file/P-12585786
    https://www.bmo.com/newsletter/insur...naire-358E.pdf

Once you know how your portfolio shall look like, scale into it. Start by buying half and wait a month or two for the second half. Then set it up so that your monthly payments will automatically allocate between your assets (of define your rules how to allocate). Review your portfolio risk periodically and rebalance.

If you however feel like you want to play the market, then define a small pocket of your portfolio for such games. Maybe 20%, definitely an amount which you can afford to lose. Set up rules, like stop loss orders, and stick with the rules. If you cannot sell a position when it is in loss, then trading is not for you, no exception. Watch the videos which I linked yesterday.

Thanks for taking the time Raffe; that’s really useful.

I’m definitely thinking of investing for now, trading may happen in the coming years. I hadn’t really thought about the prospect taking income from it, but something to consider.

I’m 40 and the goal will be for investing for the next 10-20 years. I’ll have a look at the surveys you linked. We will probably accept a relatively low risk for a chunk of the investment but I’d like to allocate a proportion to something higher risk.

I get a proportion of my money from company shares as a long term incentive. I’ve generally sold them for cash as we’ve been extending / updating our house but from next year I won’t need to. I guess I’d then be able to reinvest rather than losing half (ish) of it to tax? And I need to understand the tax implications; lots to think about!

Monevator had lots of good information on passive investing. It’s where I started.

https://monevator.com/index-investing/

I’m not tempted with single individual stocks or trading. I neither have the time or temperament for it! My track record proves it!!

Cheers, Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Monevator had lots of good information on passive investing. It’s where I started.

https://monevator.com/index-investing/

I’m not tempted with single individual stocks or trading. I neither have the time or temperament for it! My track record proves it!!

Cheers, Shaun
    Thanks Shaun. How long have you been investing? Any particular things to watch out for / advice?

For the traders: remember the US have set their clocks to DST this weekend, so the fun starts one hour earlier tomorrow.

About 6 years. You could put it all in one world wide fund from fidelity or vanguard and be done with it.

I split mine across s&p500, emerging markets, technology funds and small cap to give a mix. All of these are low cost trackers from either fidelity or vanguard.

Do a bit of research and look and previous history. Check the ongoing cost of these funds, most are tiny as there are automated and you are not paying big Bucks to a “manager” who knows best (but seldom out perform the market).

Don’t expect crazy rises like GME or Bit coin,etc. This is passive steady increases over a long term.

Best advice is put it in and forget about it. Do not check markets or fund prices every day.

Easier said than done though!!

This time last year was a nightmare when everything plunged. I just reminded myself this is for the long haul and in ten years time you will hardly notice the drop.

Turned out to be a lot sooner!

Cheers, Shaun

#justsayin'

Master
    #justsayin'

Oh sheeeet.. I'm gonna sell now. Thanks for all your infinite wisdom oh almighty Raffe!

Come on Tiger.

TSLA

Sold mine at $6.55 on 5 march when I trimmed risk. Basically exactly where it trades now.

I think it's a relevant long term bet, but I have repositioned my portfolio for high volatility and don't want these distractions in case of a selloff. Same as for TIGR, BBIO, KOPN and some others. Most of those have traded higher than where I sold in the meantime, though not necessarily on Friday.
    Most of my other portfolio is trackers so ACTG and the Lyxor 'rise of the robots' ETF are really the only more interesting/risky decisions.

Oh sheeeet.. I'm gonna sell now. Thanks for all your infinite wisdom oh almighty Raffe!

Let me know when you want to start charging rent.

Master
    #justsayin'

#justsayin'