closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting a Watch to Germany

Journeyman

Posting a Watch to Germany

I may need to send my watch from the UK to Germany to be repaired under warranty.

Interested in hearing what shipping methods you have used. In ‘proper’ watch terms, mine is a cheapie at just £1000, but even so all the insured methods I have found are over £60.

I assume Stowa will expect me to cover the cost of sending to them, not sure about return though - even though it is only 6 months old.

Have you shipped watches, is there a better method than I have found.

Cheers,

Nigel

Third party insurance (secursus) with dhlitnow comes highly recommended (never had to make a claim dough). Parcelforce international with the same third party insurance will be a bit cheaper, just make sure you comply with the shipping rules from secursus (double boxed and no references from the outside what is the content of the parcel). Measuring instrument repair is a good synonym!
    Last edited by thedontheniro; 6th July 2021 at 20:03.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thedontheniro View Post
    Third party insurance (secursus) with dhlitnow comes highly recommended (never had to make a claim dough). Parcelforce international with the same third party insurance will be a bit cheaper, just make sure you comply with the shipping rules from secursus (double boxed and no references from the outside what is the content of the parcel). Measuring instrument repair is a good synonym!
    How do you pack your watches. The MDF box that Stowa watches come in weigh like they are made out of lead.

Watch = 70g
    Box = 770g

Wondering if it is okay to send it in something lighter with plenty of bubble wrap.

Cheers,

Nigel

Just send the watch head only in plenty of bubble wrap, inside a jiffy bag.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Just send the watch head only in plenty of bubble wrap, inside a jiffy bag.
    Thanks for the advice. That will keep the weight down though I think it is the insurance that dictates the price.

Cheers,

Nigel

Craftsman
    Make sure you mark the customs documents as being sent for repair under warranty, and keep copies of the documents, and proof of shipping...ideal reference the serial number on the documents. When it comes back, it'll need to be imported as a return after warranty repair, and you'll need proof of export to avoid paying import vat

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    Make sure you mark the customs documents as being sent for repair under warranty, and keep copies of the documents, and proof of shipping...ideal reference the serial number on the documents. When it comes back, it'll need to be imported as a return after warranty repair, and you'll need proof of export to avoid paying import vat
    Many thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by nheather View Post
    How do you pack your watches. The MDF box that Stowa watches come in weigh like they are made out of lead.

Watch = 70g
    Box = 770g

Wondering if it is okay to send it in something lighter with plenty of bubble wrap.

Cheers,

Nigel

Typicly, a service box. The “coffins” from Rolex are very good for this. Having just send a watch to richemont, they provided a pick up with a foam box. First they send the box, ones you are ready they send a courier to pick up the watch. Perhaps stowa has a similar service?