closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    See that’s the thing, a nice SUV ICE I could probably look around £30-£35k as there’s so much more choice, hence again the reason that until they come down in price they are impractical for the majority including me.
    You could buy a Skoda Enyaq EV for under £35k. Most of the 60kwhr Enyaq models are below £35k rrp in order to benefit from the £2,500 government grant so less than £32,500.

My daughter has an MG ZS EV which cost her £22k new.
    Both are nice SUVs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You could buy a Skoda Enyaq EV for under £35k. Most of the 60kwhr Enyaq models are below £35k rrp in order to benefit from the £2,500 government grant so less than £32,500.

Both are nice SUVs
    As per my previous post for most private buyers Ev's are a none starter.I looked at the Kia Niro e and it was far cheaper for me to buy a petrol/hybrid than electric due to the ev costing more and that was on 9000 miles per year.

Re your daughter i am glad she got a good deal but that could have been due to extra discount working for the NHS etc.

A MGZS EV Exclusive with PICG is £28595 while the petrol version is £20805 so for most people they are never going to save nearly £8000 pounds in running costs for petrol/servicing etc.

If you are leasing or PCP then the figures may be better.

I have nothing against EV's(apart from how ugly the Tesla is from the front) and i hope in three years time they have come down enough to consider but for most private buyers they are not the answer at the moment.

As for the OP there are some really nice EV's out there for business users and i really like the Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    As per my previous post for most private buyers Ev's are a none starter.I looked at the Kia Niro e and it was far cheaper for me to buy a petrol/hybrid than electric due to the ev costing more and that was on 9000 miles per year.

Re your daughter i am glad she got a good deal but that could have been due to extra discount working for the NHS etc.

A MGZS EV Exclusive with PICG is £28595 while the petrol version is £20805 so for most people they are never going to save nearly £8000 pounds in running costs for petrol/servicing etc.

If you are leasing or PCP then the figures may be better.

I have nothing against EV's(apart from how ugly the Tesla is from the front) and i hope in three years time they have come down enough to consider but for most private buyers they are not the answer at the moment.

As for the OP there are some really nice EV's out there for business users and i really like the Audi.
    You said that the Kia EV was £3k more than the hybrid but at 9000 miles a year, you’re likely to be saving around £1000 in petrol at today’s prices (and they’re likely to only go up) so the overall cost of ownership is unlikely to be greater over a three year (or greater) period.

My daughter didn’t get a discount for NHS etc as she doesn’t work in the NHS. Last year, however, there were some great deals available and she was able to buy a brand new exclusive for £22k. If she’d waited a month or so, she could have saved another £1000. Obviously these deals are unavailable now due to the current state of the car market.

I was hoping to pick up an MG5 for under £20k but obviously that didn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Both are nice SUVs
    I take it back, i never came across that model yesterday on a search for SUV EV's, actually not bad looking or priced and seems to have a range over 250 miles (realistic terms not manufacture's figure's), thanks i'll have a look at that model as well...

Scratch that idea, just did the figures for a 2 year lease deal on a model i liked:

Retail cash price
    £ 42,915
    Monthly Payment
    £ 723.06
    Rental in advance
    £ 4,338.36
    Contract length
    24 month(s)
    Annual mileage
    10 ,000 Miles per year
    Excess mileage
    16.49 p

£723 a month!!!
    I normally pay around £300 ish on a lease deal...

I'll see what they are like in 5 years time...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 14th August 2021 at 11:27.