closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trader damaged my car/ public liability insurance advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Guy bumped his head on the boot of my taxi. The boot was closing electronically and he decided to reach back into the boot as it was closing to grab a piece of paper (receipt?) and he bumped his head on the boot on the way back out. I asked him was he ok and he said yes.
    Fast forward a couple of months and my insurance call me asking about my “accident”. At first I had no idea what they were talking about and then they explained a little more and the penny dropped.
    At no time whatsoever did I give my insurance details to this third party, yet somehow they obtained my insurance details, contacted them and in the time since, despite me telling the insurance company I’m happy to go to court, my insurance company has paid out.
    So I now have a claim against my policy for someone being clumsy.
    It's sick that insurance companies allow dishonest people to profit from nonsense like this

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It's sick that insurance companies allow dishonest people to profit from nonsense like this

We don't. We apply the law as set down by the courts of the land.

If we don't, then there's outcry that insurance companies are just turning claims down and do anything to avoid paying out ......hide stuff in the small print...... bunch of crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    We don't. We apply the law as set down by the courts of the land.

If we don't, then there's outcry that insurance companies are just turning claims down and do anything to avoid paying out ......hide stuff in the small print...... bunch of crooks.
    In this instance it appears they decided court wasn't a profitable route and decided to pay out, ergo rewarding the sick behaviour at the customers expense.